High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

So… This person linked a video about High Elves… in the High Elf AR Megathread? I can’t find their post.

Where does it say he’s smuggling? I’ve never read that anywhere, all I saw was that he was being fired upon by Alliance ships, which killed many of his crew members and he sought revenge on the alliance.

I’m not stating that he’s a Horde High elf, merely that he clearly has no problem working with the Horde if he’s allowing Blood elves to operate, and sail his ships. And he’s certainly NOT alliance by any means.

That video had nothing to do with high elves? It had to do with upcoming content…

There’s an actual thread about specially celebrating the Vulpera Ar. Why would I be salty about them? They’re really cool.

“YAY! Vulpera!” with no context or anything else… in a Helf thread.

I can’t even find their comment. They linked a video about 8.3?

It’s in another quest. They were running moonshine between Booty Bay and Ratchet when they were fired upon.

This entire Discord must be purged…

…Guzzle?

Referring to this post

They just linked the new developer content video that announced the Vulpera, which was what I was responding to. There’s absolutely zero reason to get so worked up about a small comment like that.

Ah I see the quest, and the alliance refer to Thalo’den’s ships as an enemy, and threat to the Alliance, which really just makes me feel like they’re less neutral than I originally thought. It also suggests that they didn’t even know the ships were carrying moonshine, just shot it down at first sight.

Seriously just ignore the comment and move on; the conversation constantly has tangents, you need not take every tangent you don’t like in bad faith; it’s breaking news, just let people bring it up and simply not address it yourself.

For real, there’s always tangents, but when you only consider what you disagree with as “derailment” is juts biased reasoning.

6 Likes

This probably shouldn’t have been linked, tbf. It has nothing to do with High Elves.

Had your comment been an actual reply, it would have made a bit more sense.

The patch seems good, but I’m a little bitter about how disjointed BfA’s narrative has been.

You watch the expansion announcement, opening cinematic, and nothing points to this end. The original plot was dropped mid-story and swapped for another one. Of the Warbringers shorts, we saw the fulfilment of Jaina’s and Azshara’s, while Sylvanas’ went nowhere.

If the N’Zoth stuff was the hook for next expansion, or if the two stories coverged in the end, it would be fine, but the way it was done I feel cheated.

Anyway, it’s either now that the void elves get something to do or never.

I’m counting on never. Lol.

8 Likes

It’s much more productive than continuing the never ended cycle of disagreement. It’s news, it’s exciting, we’re going to talk about it.

Definitely. They had no other motives behind these posts. They simply just wanted to come to a thread about Helves to celebrate their inclusion.

I probably should have ignored it, tbf.

Well now it’s rather obvious they are saving Sylvanas conclusion for the next expansion tbh; but with how much she was the instigator for everything, we can’t say her role as a Warbringer wasn’t fullfilled lol. She started the fire, literally.

Gosh I really hope Void Elves and Alleria do something SMH, this is like the last chance lol! I’m not hopeful but it’s the perf opportunity.

Yes, you should have.

3 Likes

the addition of mechagnomes and vulpera are in line with what ion said back in march. that going forward ARs will be much more rare and only added when they make sense. they dont want them to be an expected thing. we got to know mechagnomes and vulpera this expansion very well so this fits with what was said about ARs going forward. this just makes the chances of them wasting a precious AR slot on something identical to a blood elf even less likely now

2 Likes

I quite literally didn’t even know vulpera were announced until I entered this thread, and while I was watching the video Mowchassa posted I saw that Talen said “congrats on vulpera” in his post, and rejoiced.

You’ve allowed yourself to become so jaded, it’s honestly disappointing. But I’m going to just take Talen’s advice and ignore you, as I doubt that I can have any more fruitful conversation with someone so bitter.

2 Likes

Here here! I have all but given up with antis at this point. They argue in bad faith on purpose and always bring up the same arguments that I and many others have debunked endlessly. So I stopped trying at this point. I just show up to this thread if it hasn’t been flagged bombed by the salty antis or to any other high elf thread and just show my support for high elves and move on. Speaking of which…

I am back once again to show my support for high elves in the Alliance. It will never stop!

1 Like

Man, I think that was a one post Bingo

2 Likes

I do agree, this is a perfect opportunity to utilize Void elves, and their knowledge of the void. To further their story, and even introduce some new, and interesting NPCs to further their depth, and narrative. I hope that Alleria is more involved in these events, and plays a much larger role in the battle against N’zoth.

3 Likes

While I agree with most of this comment; I still don’t understand the notion that AR are a finite resource; there’s no reason why AR are beholden to just one per core race, sure we can presume a prioritization, but to believe there’s a finite number of slots is just odd.

6 Likes

Despite my cynicism, I hope they at least get some much-needed fleshing out.

1 Like