High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Murgy is good like that, he’s someone I can have an actual discussion with, and he definitely keeps it civil.

3 Likes

“Murgy” /giggle :smile:

They were kicked out for being an existential threat to the Sunwell despite being told to knock it off.

1 Like

They were kicked out because Rommath didn’t approve of their studies. They hadn’t done anything to the sunwell, and were studying it as a way to protect quel’thalas.

They can’t have been that concerned since they let void Alleria walk right up to the sunwell, and that was when they discovered how the sunwell reacts to void. They kicked the void elves out without actually knowing what would happen.

My issue with Nightborne was it basically stole any hope that the Highborne mages rejoining the Night Elves in Cata would go anywhere. I mean I am happy Nightborne are a thing and they should have way more customization then they do but they did kind take that whole “Highborne” thing right from the Night Elven mages.

1 Like

And why did he disapprove? Just spite?

Lor’themar did. When she brought it up Rommath immediately said it was a bad idea. His exact words being, “We cannot trust that she will not-”. Suggesting he knew that it was a dangerous thing to do.

high elves are blood elves now. this is backed by lore and development which trump a biased fans opinion

blood/alliance aligned high elves are the same race

blood elves are the continuation of the high elf story in WoW

a couple NPCs aligned with the alliance to reflect the lore that a few individuals stayed loyal are nothing but nods to that lore. they do not represent the high elf race. the blood elves do

if you havent figured it out. high elves are already playable. they left the alliance as a people, changed an adjective, and later joined the horde. high elves are a horde race and available to everyone. if you want to play one you play the faction they belong to. just like every other core race

Plus that is story time, and time spent on hair and tattoos etc, that could have gone to night elves. The model could be adjusted a bit, yes, but those who act like high elves would take away things that could go to blood elves don’t seem to acknowledge that Nightborne did that in multiple ways to night elves while also giving a tall, majestic, purple elf to the horde.

His suspicion of Alleria was ignored by Lor’themar and seems more rooted in her loyalties. There was no reason to question the loyalty of Umbric and his few study buddies.

Again, rather than exile, they could have easily taken another approach.

We can’t win on this, people will attack the request no matter the alternatives we present.

High Elves are not supposed to be playable because they are too similar too Blood Elves, but are not allowed to be visually changed because reasons.

Let’s be honest, the problem isn’t on the request and it’s suggestions, it’s on the people against it. They are going to complain and whine about it while water is wet and there’s nothing we can do about it, for that and other reasons i don’t want to care about what they think for our concepts anymore and i will make suggestions and ideas about what i and other High Elf fans want for them, whether the antis approve it or not.

No compromises if one side response is always “no”.

6 Likes

Well yeah, besides the fact that he literally says in the Nightborne intro quest that the reason he kicked Umbric out was because “Anyone who treats with the void is a threat to the Sunwell”?

theres a reason they were studying in secret :smile:

its the same reason why rommath said not to let alleria see the sunwell

its the same reason rom said to seize her after the sunwell incident but theron overruled it and just banished her

if only they just listened to rom void elves wouldnt exist

1 Like

What it comes down to for most of them is wanting to be the only elves with pale skin and blonde hair. That’s why they like to claim that blonde hair and pale skin is the belf theme, as if watering their theme down exclusively to looks isn’t completely shallow and dismissive of belf lore, but there it is.

5 Likes

Fair point, but please bear in mind that these are the people who hid under a dome for 10,000 years while we dealt with everything that’s befallen Night Elf society for ten millennia. Frankly, I was with Tyrande on that one; how can we trust them?

I’m not expert on knife ear lore, but isn’t that just the trainers? Aren’t the actual playable mages regular wee tree sprites that just learned to be mages?

They are justifiably different, bit still a big part of Night Elf lore. I don’t mind them being Horde, but it’s strange… Since y’know, from my point of view I saved their people

To be entirely fair from my point of view I was the tip of the Army of the Light’s spear and Alleria’s partner in crime.

Which is also strange and questionable. I’d rather we weren’t all super important heros that are also faceless nobodies at the same time

It’s just a problem with having factions really, I found out after the fact from Blizzard that a bunch of the bosses I killed I didn’t actually kill I just remembered it wrong, it was actually the Alliance who did that.

Typically most bosses are canonically defeated by a combined force of both Horde and Alliance, which is about as good as we can hope for I guess

I’d prefer to be a pretty basic soldier, myself

1 Like