High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Always meant?

That’s why they were only a handful of questgivers until they decided to come up with the SC in wotlk?

Oh and now we’re ignoring the blood elves side of the Shattered sun offensive… dat revisionism.
And yes, just like you guys want your exclusive things, we want our exlusive things, why is the first ok but the latter isn’t?

Wait, really? You’re using Valeera and projecting that on every single blood elf? Seriously?

Or blizz could have been lazy again and instead of creating void elven ballistas, they used the first side option they had at hand.

Except it would since nowhere it says that they look different. But it is a well known fact that modifications and lore bending it’s ok for high elves, but when they already did it with void elves, it’s somehow terrible.

Oh this headcanon always put a smile on my face. You guys still think they fought more than blood elves despite the fact that they non traitors have been involved actively in conflicts since their interuction to the game while the traitors have been sitting comfy handing out quests and didn’t do anything physically until wotlk.

3 Likes

personally I don’t care what model they choose.

Also I fail to see how it breaks consistency. Everyone of the same race uses the same model due to engine limitations To argue that they all use that model from a lore standpoint is illogical.

3 Likes

then void elves are there for you. as ‘high’ elves are present in the rift you can even fanfiction youre a SC elf who got sick of walking laps around dalaran, and joined up with alleria and her void elves

3 Likes

I never said they fought more or were more active than blood elves. I am merely pointing out that blood elves were not given the fit “soldiery” model to represent them in game. They were given a model that represents the casual nobility of silvermoon.

1 Like

but 1) I don’t fanfiction what the race isn’t and 2) it would be literally impossible for any non blood elves to have become void elves at this point.

3 Likes

Just because they don’t look as if they injected themselves with oil in every muscle like humans or orcs, doesn’t mean they don’t look like the soldier type. In fact, it makes no sense for blood elven mages to have that stocky build but wow customization has always been its own issue.

1 Like

What? Mortal enemies? Is that why Vereesa wanted them to join her on the alliance? Is that why Auric Sunchaser wants them both rally together as all children of Silvermoon? Is that why the mage guardian hall is comprised of both High and blood elves, where we even see one of the High elves protect and then recruit a blood elf? Is that why there’s a story between a Blood elf, and his high elf wife, is that why there’s a high elf captain in ratchet with a blood elf crew?

There are groups that don’t like each other, and that can even be said for partisan groups like the magisters and farstriders within Silvermoon, but they are by no means “mortal” enemies.

2 Likes

Would you consider orcs and humans mortal enemies? If so you must realize that there are still factions and situations where orcs and humans are friendly with each other yes?

2 Likes

Yeah, but you don’t have groups of humans canonically visiting an orc city who knows how regularly.

1 Like

Humans and orcs have been at war for how long? Do humans and orcs share an ancestry? Do they have loved ones and family that extend to both sides? Do they openly allow humans to visit Orgimmar? Do they actively refer to humans as “children” of Orgimmar and allow them into their most sacred areas, and reside with them?

Is there a history of peace between Orcs and humans that spans thousands of years? Comparing the relationship between Humans and orcs, with Blood elves, and High elves really does outline the absurd nature of your argument.

3 Likes

You also don’t have the very leader of the Orcs referring to humans as “children of orgimmar”

2 Likes

Give Golden some time and Anduin might get that…

1 Like

I’m actually sad to have learned that she will be writing the WC3 reforged story.

I’ll stop here before I go in a rant over that… she is to blame for Calia, after all.

Let’s hope that she finally understand Sylvanas and that she understand the whole thing with the blood elves. Perhaps it will reflect hat Chronicles said, how knows.

Honestly IDK all this talk of infringing on certain elements of BE identity and the boggieman of HE’s impacting negatively the BE story (which is simply wild speculation) seems disingenuous when we have Nightborne on the Horde; cause while the level of perceived infringement is utterly subjective, it’s factual that the NB come wholesale from a NE past, then again we fall into the subjectivity of how much they have changed.

But when we have had oh so many NE players feeling the infringement is real and then Horde ones saying “no it’s different enough” it’s simply just bias.

Regardless, IMO the idea that each playable group’s identity is mostly defined by aesthetic choices is just too reductive and the fear of loosing the faction’s identity is either a misunderstanding of the core values of a group or the obvious reduction to its aesthetics.

The idea that HE and BE aesthetics have to be “different enough” is about respecting while not agreeing with the “identity infringement” argument because most HE fans would be okay with the same BE model -because the core of playable HE is believing that political and ideological differences are compelling enough-

Sure if HE’s NEED to be different we can give them a new stance and tattoos and other things that separate them further from BE’s, but those are not the end goal but the means to understand the arguments levied against HE’s.

Sadly that has resulted on the bad faith arguments that “But BE’s should have tattoos too” and “you just want a better model”. So which is it? Do they need to be different enough but you also want everything you deem cool also added to BE’s?

Darned if you do darned if you don’t, cause we are either shallow for wanting the same model, or shallow for wanting a different one, despite that the aesthetics being the one thing most pro HE people are flexible about because what we overwhelmingly care is about the specific lore and background that is not shared with VE’s or BE’s.

17 Likes

It’s this reason alone you cannot discount them as disingenuous. If it exists for the NE, its equally as likely it exists for the BE’s. The feeling that is. I also don’t recall being given a choice for Allied races. Gah, i can’t even remember when we were first told there were gonna be ARs. Anyone remember the date/patch when we found out?

1 Like

They would have to mutate.

We’ve already had this conversation in the past and you’re still trying to dismiss speculation that threatens what you want while embracing speculation that supports what you want. That’s called double standards, and I find this saddening since you always seemed to be one of the few that at least was able to maintain a conversation when it came to this topic.
And we also have Void elves in the Alliance.

Except that Nightborne don’t infringe on the identity of Night elves just like Void elves don’t do the same with Blood elves. Nightborne are magic inclined, the same thing night elves rejected for centuries and, if Horde had gotten the NPC models, the visual differences would be bigger, but alas, they messed that up.
Then we have Void elves, who were willing to conduct a research that threatened the very pillar of their society and have tentacle hair.

It’s as valid as claiming it won’t happen. neither side of the coin knows this to be a fact, neither should be dismissed.

Yet they are obviously not enough because it’s been 13 years and they are still not playable.

Tattos and hairtyles are not enough.

Because tattoos are not a thing exclusive for a race? Because Rommath and other NPCs that are blood elves have been shown to have them while High elves have not since warcraft 2?

You’re not shallow for wanting a different model, you’d be hypocritical since you’ve seen how everyone complains about the lore bending that was done for void elves, but suddenly, lore bending would be ok to make them look different.
And the lore of the High elves is the past of the Blood elves, blood elves are carrying on that history.

\

This is the problem. Ideological differences aren’t manifested in visual ways. You couldn’t tell a democrat or a republican apart for example.

exactly this. They are unwilling to compromise at all.

If they are unwilling to be at the negotiating table they automatically lose. That is how this works. I am sure you antis will argue “But blizzard” but blizzard isn’t the one on the opposite side here. It is us. If you won’t negotiate we will simply do as we wish in a manner of words.

2 Likes