High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

A lot of opposition for High Elves come from a irrational hatred for Elves in general, Blizzard shouldn’t consider this kind of feedback.

7 Likes

im ok with alliance getting high elves. just make them look like recolored night elf models like classic though.

2 Likes

If they base the High Elves on the Night Elf rig, with a touch of Blizzard quality, i can foresee good results. Or they can screw up like they did with the Nightborne, but i trust Blizzard will not commit the same mistake twice.

3 Likes

He did it in other threads too, trust me. (sigh)

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t get it either. I mean, I’ll say now and then how cool it’ll be for certain races to eventually become playable, whether through the Allied Race system or something else (Mok’nathal, Ogres, High Elves, Krokul), but …well, I try not to derail the thread.

Lightforged Draenei are basically the same as normal Draenei, they just have unique emote voices (except mine with roaring for some reason, I have no clue what’s going on there ._.), unique horns, hairstyles, TATTOO marking things and those gold plate things on parts of their bodies.

Kul Tirans are just larger, stronger Humans, which is pretty neat! I love their racial. It’s a bit odd given they are still basically Human but …oh well. They’re an Allied Race. So we should be seeing all kinds of Allied Races going forward, provided this remains a feature in future expansions.

6 Likes

This is really such a shame because a lot of work went into, what boils down to; blue-eyed blood elves.

By the OPs own admission, high elves are blood elves that simply disagree with their Quel’dori brethren.

1 Like

I kinda expected he would show the same hatred against San’layn in your thread.

The dude is a wall of negativity.

4 Likes

Yeah, people should show support of the races and ideas they want in their own threads, not remain and constantly do some back-and-forths. I’m of the opinion that a disagreement should be:

“I don’t think these should be added, here’s why due to lore.”

And that’s it. Staying and constantly discussing other things in the thread unrelated is doing the opposite of helping. Like logical back-and-forths are one thing, for or against, but repeating the same “no more elves” mantra over and over gets annoying. It’s the most arbitrary reason and can be used against anything. “No more beast races, no more trolls, no more humans, no more orcs…” Who cares? Focus on the lore. Different people like different things. Lore should be the focus of the arguments.

Sorry :stuck_out_tongue: That’s my two-cents on the matter. Good luck with your continued lore discussion and ideas guys ^^

11 Likes

Honestly “the lore says this” is the weakest argument anyway.

Void Elves destroy that argument with their lore nonexistent existence.

4 Likes

That and the population argument.

5 Likes

Thanks, good luck on your request!

6 Likes

We have enough elf races, what we really need are orcs like Rexxar.

1 Like

When this is brought up by the pro side it gets countered by saying the Pro side wants an echo chamber.

2 Likes

Oh youre back :rofl:

If one is going to bring up “THIS unlikely thing could happen” then I would suggest they need to accept all of the unlikely things that could happen. Tomorrow all the vulpera could be killed, or Malfurion turned into overlord of azeroth.

The whole point was that your submission was extremely unlikely. Old content not having to reflect new story doesnt give it substance, otherwise every idea is just as possible.

4 Likes

None of that has anything - at all - to do with Blizzard’s treatments or designs. Nothing.

But Mechagnomes are the very definition of square. If you asked them to look cooler, they would probably install ventilated piezoelectric plates into their armor…

2 Likes

and… What’s your point? We suggested a race have a different model and solve the problem people have with it.

2 Likes

I never said I wasn’t going to accept other possibilities? But I’m certainly not going to use an excuse like “Old zones won’t reflect this lore development so it’s impossible” Your comment has literally nothing to do with what we were discussing, you just popped into the conversation with a totally unrelated remarked about other possible events that were never being argued in the first place. Which is why no one understood what you were talking about, as it had little to no relevance to the discussion at hand. But thanks for agreeing with me.

It wasn’t about old content giving it substance, it was his argument that old content not reflecting new developments was his main argument. The entire discussion was based off scenario that faction restrictions were lifted.

You simply budded into a conversation you had little context on, and quite honestly it made you look pretty silly arguing a point no one was making in the first place.

Just because you don’t share it, doesn’t make it irrational.

And feedback is feedback, you may want to try to dimiss it (because, of course), but that doesn’t mean blizzard should ignore it.

Which is what I did in your thread because I’m still against more copies of already existing models. But you know what’s the main difference? No matter how I look at it, San’layn don’t have the possibility of causing major repercussions that could affect negatively the playerbase balance and the lore because, if that were the case, I can promise you I’d be all over that.

But they have this possibility in my eyes, and I’m yet to see actual proof that it won’t have any effects other than “we say so”, so I will vocally oppose High elves.

4 Likes

My point is that since you’re not Blizzard, and Blizzard has not said anywhere there are any justifiable differences between the two factions of the same race to explain these design changes you think solve the problems inherent in the same race being handed to the Alliance.