High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

No, you and other contrarians to High Elves always use the argument “High Elves cannot be visually modified via an update because lore said they look like Blood Elves in many ways” but then you suggest the same idea you kept bashing and criticizing in the past? It’s ok because it’s for your faction?

I don’t think i’m the one trolling here.

And now you are liking posts from Fyre saying that the differenciation between Blood and High elves is ideological? “But Blizzard can change that, as long as it is on my faction, not on the Alliance though”.

8 Likes

Why should Blood Elves and Void Elves be ignored, while High Elves get all the special attention?

3 Likes

You’re framing the rules of the conversation so you can control who participates, which is dishonest… trolling even. I’m on topic and if you think I’m not, feel free to get a mod involved.

3 Likes

and yet it isn’t ridiculous to argue ad nauseam against our request? If it is so ridiculous and implausible why do you feel the need to fight against it?

1 Like

You’re inventing an argument to attack so you can justify being hostile.

2 Likes

“Changing High Elves to make them a playable Allied Race is a big no! …unless it’s for my faction”.

That’s not hypocritical, sure.

And now you are behaving like a victim.

6 Likes

Don’t think we’re having the same conversation here?

Is that what I’m doing?

4 Likes

It’s simple isn’t it. It’s fun.

I know it’s against reality, to try and change people’s minds, but it is fun to try.

Much like how Helfers continue to demand High Elves despite it being a futile jesture.

2 Likes

who is saying to ignore them? Blood elves and void elves don’t get push into a closet and the door locked behind them just because high elves become playable.

Really If blizzard were to have all the various groups unite and form a new government for themselves as part of their recruitment then many of us would consider their story complete and only wish for them to show up to aid the alliance. We wouldn’t feel there is any need to push story content directly centered around them.

It would be like how the draenei story is “complete”. Their goals have been accomplished as of the end of legion. The only thing left to do for them is to continue to use them as part of the alliance as well as hopefully showing their civilization rebuilt to how it was on draenor on the myst isles in the eventual old world update.

1 Like

“Development” was trolling, as some amongst them don’t actually know the lore. Or is Kurdran, (or Falstad, can’t remember who they said, for sure), dead too? Because they said he was dead. So it must be canon.

And Blood Elves have been proven to be biologicially different from High Elves. This is actual canon. Look it up. I even think Night of the Dragon brings it up.

And furthermore on that, just look at the concept art of the two races. Blood Elves always look more aged than High Elves. They retained most of their look, but they are definitely differences now. It’s actually lowkey racist to say otherwise.

4 Likes

Void Elves are more distinct than Silver Covenant. So they should get their own model, before Helves are considered. They should also get ice-blue eyes, and paler skin tones.

And uh oh, High Elves suddenly don’t have a reason to exist!

Wrong, “aesthetically” as a race, they are the same as Blood elves. Not only are the players saying this, but the development team as well.

A changed eye color does not make them “distinct” from true high elves, or else the new golden eyed blood elves are now a new distinct group of elves from Blood elves as well. Clearly eye color is a not defining feature to blood elves if they are willing to give them multiple colors as a customization option.

2 Likes

Actually canonical Orcs did not go to Argus.

Not sure where you heard otherwise, but it was only Alliance members, Blood Elves, and Nightborne that went.

1 Like

By saying i’m being hostile for pointing that it’s hypocritical for you to suggest High Elves as an Allied Race on the Horde with different looks when you bashed the same idea of High Elves in the Alliance instead, yes, you are behaving like a victim and being dramatic over my confrontation to your suggestion.

1 Like

The Horde still went however.

If we go by that logic then why does any of the races have a reason to exist?

People want to play them. They do not break the lore by being made playable. You nor anyone else will be forced to play one.

I know humans are not logical beings but there really is no reason to oppose high elves nor any other races that doesn’t go against the established lore.

1 Like

Funny, from where I sit you seem to be the dramatic one.

Edit: I thought I should update the quote due to you changing your post.

I don’t really care about them being on the Horde. I don’t believe I ever had. It’s not something that I want, but don’t have an issue with it as they wouldn’t be crossing faction lines. I’m sure I’ve stated that many times.

Squaring away cannon from what we do in game is a bit frustrating.

3 Likes

See, posts like this are why I refuse to repeat myself. Nothing in this post refutes anything I said, as this blatantly inaccurate information that I’ve already disproven, in the very post they quoted, even. Yet, for some reason, said replier continues to troll and speak fake news, and brings nothing to the argument that actually proves me wrong. So why should I repeat the same comment? I could literally just copy/paste my last comment it and would be a valid, accurate, and effectively winning, argument over this post.

2 Likes

Some people are more patient than I am. I don’t even read posts from certain people anymore, been there, read that already.

2 Likes

What? You said they weren’t “Aesthetically” the same, I pointed out that they were indeed aesthetically the same, and that eyes as a “Customization” option are not a visually defining feature of what it means to be a blood elf. There’s a crucial difference between “lore” themes, and “aesthetic” themes, and while I have no problem admitting that High elves have undergone a different path in terms of their ideologies, and beliefs, to further suggest that the visual theme of their race itself is somehow unique, or distinct from blood elves is a pure fallacy.

You can tell everyone they’re wrong simply “because you said so” despite many players suggesting this as one of the main problems with adding them as a playable race, an issue the devs themselves have made clear in Ion’s interview, or you can simply stop repeating a claim that you have no interest in defending rationally to those who disagree.

2 Likes