High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Have you ever seen the “infamous” interview where he said

“You want to play a fair-skinned, blond haired, blue eyed elf? I’m sorry, the Horde is waiting for you.” it’s there he explains why they chose Void elves over high elves, and that he felt that the visual similarities between Blood and High elves were close, he even says “Blood elves kinda are high elves”

1 Like

Nah, she’s distorting Ion’s words to make a wrong conclusion of his response to the High Elf question of that Q&A.

Basically, Ion just said that if you want to play a fair skinned Elf the Horde is waiting for you, he didn’t even mentioned the Void Elves in the question, not in a single moment, despite the question clearly asking why they opted for Void Elves over High Elves.

10 Likes

Think this one’s brain broke. They are speaking nonsense.

These sentences don’t make sense.

3 Likes

The question was about High elves, and why they chose void elves over them. He then goes over the reasoning of why they chose void elves over High elves. That was the entire point of that question.

1 Like

The Faction Imbalance myth again? 53:47/54:46 is hardly gamebreaking imbalance. There is a participation gap, in Mythic raiding and PvP, but there is not a dramatic population gap.

4 Likes

No, Ion didn’t addressed the point of the question, he went straight up to say that Blood Elves are a kind of High Elves and did that infamous line.

9 Likes

why would people jump ship to the faction with lower participation when the same race would still be available on the faction with the top 1% of cutting edge guilds. i always wondered this :thinking:

1 Like

man, this is the most detailed whiner post I have ever seen. Kudos.

1 Like

You should aim that at the other guy, I ain’t the one that brought it up.

1 Like

Very different race.

You didn’t see Night Elf players jump to play Nightborne. Because they aren’t the same.

Besides, you’d have people like me who would actually play the game again and participate on the Alliance.

I’d never play Horde. But currently I’m also not playing Alliance either.

Sure, I have a max level toon. But I’m not playing. That’s how most of the Alliance is nowadays.

1 Like

You mean some other guy said:

Who exactly is this mysterious person using your name?

He didn’t dodge the question at all, which was

“When deciding on allied races, why did you choose void elves when high elves seemed much more of an organic (and popular) choice?”

He explained the reasoning as to why they added void elves, over High elves; explaining that their visual similarities were too similar to give to the alliance. At another point when he was asked about the same question (with that guy dressed up as the overwatch character) he refers to void elves as a “flavor” of high elves.

1 Like

I think both are kind of at play in their story, minus the crying part as they don’t seem beaten up about leaving the Blood Elves. (Other than I guess wanting Quel’thalas, but that’s probably because it’s more to their taste than the rock or Stormwind buildings they’re stuck with.)

1 Like

and thats why playable alliance ‘high’ elves wont happen. the race is already playable you just deny yourself to it. you think it is something owed to you because blizzard like to use them as decorative portal keeper NPCs for the alliance. ‘high’ is an adjective used to identify a political ideology, its not an AR

5 Likes

Press X to doubt.

Never going to happen. Sorry Mainlanders, you get to stay short.

Not an argument. Please refute what I said.

This person right here?

1 Like

orcs were already playable. Dwarves were already playable. Draenei, tauren, humans, and trolls were all already playable.

Allied races is the name of the system but it still allows for variants of existing races to be part of it

9 Likes

I just did my civil duty instead. You had no argument that I didn’t refute already. I’m not gonna post the same comment over and over and get reported for spamming. You want to see my reply? Scroll up. I already proved your entire comment wrong, and you have yet to actually make a solid counter argument to me.

Just because you scream to make sure you get the “last word” doesn’t mean you’re suddenly right. I won the debate. End of story.

1 Like

Oh ok, so you have no argument at all. Good to know.

Of which the High Elves aren’t.

3 Likes

you don’t say. I thought that was the entire point of this thread and all the other megathreads. To have them added as part of the system.

1 Like