High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Zandalari have the same steep unlock requirement and came at the same time, yet they are the second most popular Allied Race, there are 3 times more Zandalari than Kul’Tirans at level 120, numbers coming from the same site you mentioned.

Your notions of what is popular and interesting are terribly wrong.

14 Likes

No. I don’t have links to dozens of polls over the past 15 years. Many of them were only temporary and likely are not archived thus impossible to access.

Also bye then. Good riddance if you don’t want to play the alliance just because it has alliance races in it.

Furthermore you act like we can’t have all of these races. That we have to pick and choose them. Why exactly can’t we have ankoan, jinyu, wildhammer, broken, mechagnomes, high elves, earthen, and so on? Is there something preventing us from having them all as playable alliance races?

8 Likes

With such negativity and aggressiveness, it will again, it’s only a matter of time.

1 Like

I can see the day when Blizzard finally puts High Elves in. The difficulty being they all look like the wretched from the BE starting area and the excuse is they’re technically high.

2 Likes

The Outland Nagrand however, consists of a single village with a few pot-huts. They’re functionally extinct compared to the WoD ones. Besides, WoD needed closure after being basically forgotten about.

So, they’ll instead impinge upon the Night Elve’s racial theme, because the lore-equivalent of teenage-angst and rebellion makes them so much more interesting and diverse? It’s like wanting to kill your father because he became an addict for a short while, and instead of helping him, you instead left him to the weeds.

I could hardly think of a person I would trust less.

High Elves = Blood Elves. I can prove it mathematically.

More people play Horde however, and more find the Zandalari attractive. Kul-Tirans are amazing, but people go ‘lol fat’.

I could ignore your painted dwarves, and Belves with blue eyes. If only we receive Ankoan and more interesting races ad infinitum before those blase concepts are considered.

High Elves are hardly an Alliance race. Don’t even start with WC2. Entirely different Alliance. Wildhammers are just gingers and tats made into an Allied Race. They don’t even differ from Bronzebeard dwarves as much as the Lightforged differ from Draenei.

1 Like

I don’t think blizzard is as spiteful as you are. They like money because they are a business. Telling their customers to essentially go F themselves does the opposite of gaining them money.

2 Likes

Thank you for proving our point that people tend to look more after attractive races.

6 Likes

I dunno about that, I seem to remember a poo quest or two during the Burning Crusade and what those where in reference to.

You seem to be incapable of imagining how these races would be once given the proper playable race treatment adding in more customization to them.

2 Likes

It was never contested. I just don’t think Blizzard should go out of their way to pander to those people.

Ah yes, Blood Elves but with Blue Eyes and some tats. Ah yes, some Dwarves but with Tats.

Maybe you should ask for the base, playable races to get more customization?

You are going to be thinking that forever then, money is a thing, but more importantly, appealing to the broader playerbase is the most correct and safe path to take.

2 Likes

People who play it safe however, never go anywhere in life. They’re just enslaved into mediocrity then.

Another thing Blizzard might do is put high elves in to loot boxes and have people run Mythic+'s for keys and a chance to unlock them from the loot boxes which drop in Mythic+'s. They could also make those cash shop items.

Ironic you are posting this in a game forum of what is one of the biggest and most successful game companies in the World.

3 Likes

Ironically, Blizzard took a risk and designed it different from Everquest. Look where they are now?

1 Like

why would I ask to be insulted via adding those to the base race?

1 Like

By taking the safe path of making a more casual friendly game than other MMO’s at the time? Vanilla wow it is.

3 Likes

Sigh

Seeing that “wishlists”… as usual, 1 step forward… 100 steps back.

No, you guys totally don’t want a Horde race but with tattoos (even going as far as if giving up on the possibility of different models as if it was some sort of sacrifice) and even more class options, including those that make no sense such as shaman… nope, not at all.

Can you at least attempt to conceal it a little better?
But no, you’ll maintain that you just want “a race that already exist in the Alliance”… while asking for a better version of the one that is already playable on Horde.

4 Likes

better is subjective. If you think it is better that more than likely means you want to play it instead and that isn’t a bad thing. No one will scold you for wanting to play a high elf

2 Likes

Because that’s what they are? Bronzebeard dwarves can already be shamans. What’s so different about Wildhammer, despite tats?

Oh, they have a thing for Gryphons. That’s even less than Lightforged.