High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

There are very few, and very thin reasons beyond that. They have little to no lore, all of their history is shared with the Blood Elves, the Blood Elves have their model with the small exception of green eyes.

You just want a blue-eyed elf, because the other elf options aren’t pure, or fair-skinned enough. Wasting an Allied Race spot because you want a skin-tone and single face-feature to be it’s own race is absurd. They should add the options to Belves, and perhaps Velves if anything.

Some great wishlists! I want red hair options, a new model, purple eyes as an option, lots of tattoos, jewelry beyond just earrings, and for the various groups to be represented visually and in the story.

5 Likes

It is not Blizzard’s fault the majority are petty and wish only to play ‘the pretty races’. It’s an even stronger argument for them not to pander to the normal.

Worgen also had awful models for quite some time, but that has changed and we’ll see a gradual increase in their numbers.

The Adeptus Mechanicus gnomes have more lore than Helves. A race recently introduced in BFA. Helf Lore amounts to moaning about Belves, getting human potential’d, and being the Alliance’s Dalaran liasons.

So, pulling a bunch of nothing out of nowhere, even worse than the Belves? Why not just play a Night Elf at that point. If you want your ‘savage, survivalist elf’? Or, are the Nelves not fair-skinned enough?

1 Like

You must not have seen that I suggested broken would be fine, it’s been a request for a long time. We get it you hate elves, go make your own mega thread about the other races like Jinyu or ankoan, and see how popular fish ppl are.

To suggest that we only want blue eye blonde hair is your own personal bias and not a valid reason to discount them.

9 Likes

The Broken have no reason, Draenei society hates them, and so too do they. The ones on Argus want to stay on Argus.

We do have threads, we just don’t keep spamming and weaving inane ideas from scratch to justify our Blood-Elves but with blue eyes.

That is all High Elves distill down to however. That is literally their entire race. Their entire lore is shared with the Belves.

1 Like

We have other broken that we have happily allied with before Argus… remember the kurenei?

Honestly this topic gets over talked but that’s because it is also the most controversial, and gets derailed by people like yourself.

Disagreement is totally fine, but you don’t see it in this level in other mega threads.

7 Likes

Blood elves were a mistake.

2 Likes

You want to use RealmPop statistics then?

Ok, i must say that this small number you provided that clearly underestimates what are considered “Fan favorites” it’s almost the 29.773 level 120s Kul’Tirans we have on the Alliance, making up incredible 1,5% of the faction characters at max level on the US.

2 Likes

funny thing. new and interesting actually drove away alliance players. I see people claiming to represent the alliance playerbase saying we want something new for the alliance yet every poll made over the past 15 years the highest ranking choices are always classic alliance races such as wildhammer, high elves, and broken.

6 Likes

So, Blood Elves were exiled from Silvermoon, refused to drain mana from creatures and objects, allied with the Alliance, united under Vereesa Windrunner and the Silver Covenant, kicked… themselves out of Dalaran, fought with… themselves on the Isle of Thunder…

What?

8 Likes

The broken haven’t been touched on since TBC. They’re also even less interesting than the Lightforged.

“Me was Draenei, me cursed, me sad. Me look to shamanism now.”

If you care about boosting interest in Alliance, then yes, it does seem like it would be rather important to aim at what people generally tend to opt for playing the most and put those in as available options in the Alliance.

And things like Sethrak, Jinyu, Arakkoa, or a dozen other monster races, or heck even Kul Tirans? Those are things that draw very niche interest, I’m afraid.

I’ll believe it when I see it, it would indeed be interesting to see one of the people more intrigued by population climate to tell us how much the numbers have changed since Worgen have gotten a better facelift.

Although part of me feels they waited far too long for these updates to make much of a difference.

And I can bet gold the amount of players that will play them will resemble the amount that play baseline regular Gnomes.

That’s honestly about as much as other races who are not Humans or Orcs, as Blizzard is very terrible when it truly comes to worldbuilding playable races, some of which they seem to only dedicate development to when they’re trying to pull a shocker of a story that leaves them as homeless bums in the end.

Let it be known I actually hated the High Elf focus in Mists of Pandaria as it took focus away from actually playable races like Worgen who should have had a far larger showing in the story after the Horde wrecked their homeland, but the fact that all that happened with no payoff by at least making the High Elves a playable race after the whole ordeal reads to me like wasted storytelling.

2 Likes

Yet the reason why Blood Elves are on the Horde is because people on the Horde wanted a “pretty” race.

8 Likes

You say this as though things cannot change.

I thought you wanted some ugly races and interesting races, broken for that bill, or are you here just to stir poop up?

More than likely the latter.

4 Likes

Kul-Tirans have a very steep unlock requirement however, and came out later in the xpac when it was ‘hip to hate’ BFA. Compared to the Legion races and DID.

Do you have a source for those polls, and I think I would quit the Alliance if any of those things were added.

Yeah, they just call themselves Helves, when they’re just Belves.

I don’t care about player statistics. I want the lore of the Alliance to be more interesting.

Sadly, but to pander to the normal, is to sign the death warrant of your creation.

Because petty people will go ‘LOL SHORT, LOL GNOME’ and never player them, despite them being their own, serious race.

The Alliance already had two, and now we have ‘four’. The shallow have their pretty little behinds they can stare at, let the rest of us have something interesting to gnaw on.

2 Likes

If they cared about the Broken, they would have given them some relevance beyond TBC. We have to wait until 7.3, 5 expacs later before they had any story relevance.

I never said they had to be ugly. Why do you assume every race I want is ‘ugly’? Ankoan aren’t ugly, Mechagnomes aren’t ugly, Arakkoa, Sethrak, Furbolg? They’re not ugly, in fact, they’re beautiful. They just don’t trigger the ‘reproduce’ signal that apparently dominates the played character stats.

They pulled the maghar from two expacs ago when they could have left them to rot and should have just gotten them from Outland nagrand

5 Likes

I have night elves. One aspect in common doesn’t make them the same though. I want a quel’danil ranger with internal conflicts about quel’thalas and her former people.

If you distill any group down to just one aspect of them then of course they might seem too similar, but I choose not to ignore the fact that there are varying themes, groups, and views throughout a wow race.

In short, I won’t rp a helf ranger as exactly the same as a nelf ranger, especially since even my nelf hunters have different stories, goals, and backgrounds.

4 Likes

I think I’ve had enough social interaction for today.

You guys have fun till’ the thread gets locked… again.

1 Like