High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Personally I think all the models look pretty good, the issue is actually the armor design; particularly where mapping/fitting is concerned. What looks good on Humans, Draenei and Goblins now, looks honestly weird on Night Elves, Nightborne, Blood/Void Elves to a lesser degree, Orcs and Trolls and Zandas; in some cases looks weird or downright uncomfortable. Especially in regards to bikini armor.

It’s funny because such mogs looked pretty bad on fem Goblins on WoWhead, before they were released. Yet in game it actually looks fitted correctly, at least in terms of bikini armor leg pieces. Chest pieces can still be hit or miss and this seems to be a thing for nearly all the playable races post HD updates.

3 Likes

I like the belf model, I just love the mock ups Talendrion did. You are right about the armor clipping.

3 Likes

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong, I like them too! And it’s not even just armor clipping either. There’s texture stretching issues as well; most noticeable for Orcs, Trolls and Night Elves/borne, with Belves/Velves having it to a lesser degree too.

Meanwhile Goblins got fixed. Well, the females anyway. The males have the worker’s crack thing going for some pants models which I personally find hilarious. xD

It does make me question why the Goblins were basically fixed, and yet the other races I mentioned STILL have these issues of texture stretching not yet being addressed.

2 Likes

But yeah, that’s a whole other thread to be honest.

…although armor fitting to these High Elves models would be relevant too, I think…

3 Likes

ALFGERDHR leaps to the attack!

PLAYABLE ALLIANCE HIGH ELVES FTW!

Another successful raid complete, the Viking Elf sails off in her longship, chugging :beer: and chanting a saga!
Skäl!
:beer:

7 Likes

Curious, are you even of Danish, Norwegian or flips through google… Swedish origins?

1 Like

Ja, and you left one out there: Iceland.

Skäl.

My Swedish is very minimal. Jag talar en lite Svenska.

I only know:

“Trevligt att träffas”

“Kan jag få en öl tack”

“Tack så mycket”

and of course

“Jag känner en bot
Hon heter Anna, Anna heter hon…”

2 Likes

gaman að hitta þig !*
** :beer: **

*‘nice to meet you too’
Icelandic.
I know about as much Swedish as you do!

EDIT: time to dream; long week but happy weekend ahead.
Skäl!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad you and Archmage had better luck with the mods than I have. I did get a professional response, but the mod response I got was dismissive.

It’s heartwarming to hear that they’re taking this seriously though and I welcome it. As long as this thread is open I’ll keep my hype for high elves to this thread and this thread alone

I think that’s Swedish for “Can I have a beer, please?” Feel free to correct me. I’m completely lost on Icelandic, but I do have a copy of the Poetic Edda, which is in a language that’s very similar?

3 Likes

I would like to contribute more in these short times we have but I got a lot on my plate lately. House being built and moving afterwards.

About all I can do is compile my list but it’s pretty much at its final stage.

Anything I should add/remove from it?

5 Likes

Good luck with your move! What’s on the list?

2 Likes

This list.

I’m trying not to post it so often since it can get spammy.

It was originally made for the old forum megathreads to be posted after the OP but times change.

Now it’s more of a short wiki on suggestions most people agree on.

7 Likes

Didn’t think I’d ever see the mega thread back. FeelsGoodMan

3 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 24 hours.

Faaaatherrr
The sleeeeeper has awaaakkkenedddd

4 Likes

Yes! Its back!

So ends my own High Elf Posts/Threads so that the Alliance Players in General can finally discussion and talk about playable High Elves once again.

Here we go. I give my Full Support once again and fully to Playable High Elves of the Quel’dorei!

4 Likes

What is everyone’s personal wishlist for playable high elves?

7 Likes

I just want my High Elf Mage.

Been waiting 18 years for it.

13 Likes