High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

People will spend money to race change to become X race, while also spending time to level up X race to get their heritage armor (which means more sub time = money)

Its not an assassination when there is multiple avenues for Blizz to get money.

Because its all about meeting a quota…and not quality. Besides ogres would be a core race.

So heres the ultimate issue:

While Allied Races are a good money maker in the short-term, they arent a long-term sustainable project because you need to create a new race based upon the core races…basically sub-races. How many different colours of elves or humans need to exist before the system itself gets drowned out?

So while allied races are a good way to garner immediate cash grabs and sustain sub numbers, there is still a large criticism that these races arent that popular in the long run due to long rep grinds and simply just being sub races.

Core races make more money at the end of the day. Ogres would be a huge money maker…as a core race.

Re-read my post please. I deleted the first part accidentally before posting.

Its funny that you dont think Blizzard isnt going to do it again. Also I doubt Calia is going to lead the Forsaken, and they wont solve the Forsaken leadership issue until a later date or just announce via Twitter who the racial leader is currently (usually some known NPC who hasnt done anything ala Rokhan).

We also knew of Ankoan, which didnt have any chance of becoming an AR either. We only knew of their amount of customization until pre-patch.

Vulpera are not the Goblin Allied Race. Using the same skeleton means nothing, otherwise Zandalari are the second Night Elf Allied Race, killing your idea of “one Allied for each Core” with your own logic.

4 Likes

This would be my dream expansion TBH!

BTW I just copy-pasted this, I’m not taking credit for anything.

Pssst. You forgot Vrykul!

Didn’t they say that if something was cool they wanted to hear about it?

A arbitrary nonsensical quota that Blizzard never mentioned to fulfill and that makes no sense in any logical way and contradicts basic development thinking.

I fail to see how Allied Races are going to fail in the long term.

Well they are. The gilbins are not developed enough to be utilized for playability. Even with the model update, there is still a number of glaring issues that exist and need to be polished before released.

Vulpera are mostly ready to be released. And judging by how popular small, furry characters are in MMOs…it would be dumb to not say they are the next AR.

Well no, because the Zandalari TROLL is the TROLL allied race because they are essentially a sub race.

So what will Vereesa and her High Elf army do next, I wonder?

2 Likes

I’m an optimist. Besides, void elves were hastily put together to fill up a slot. Whatever allied races come next, Blizzard has had months to tinker on them.

Ankoan aren’t related to any playable race, however.

Ankoan speculation was fueled by a single concept art image that screamed “NPC”.

1 Like

If you dont think Blizzard is doing a quota when they basically released fat humans and are near releasing an AR for the least popular Alliance core race should give you some hints.

1 Like

You guys literally have repeated that Ogres should be an AR when they arent either.

The difference was that: Ankoan have not been released to the universal model, when mechagnomes did along with a bunch of different available customization.

1 Like

You wrote a lot and didn’t anwsered any questions.

The point isn’t if the Vulpera are more likely than Gilbin, it’s obvious they are, the point is that they aren’t relatable to the Goblins in any manner to be the Goblin Allied Race. A different way to look at it is to show how the Nightborne are the Blood Elf Allied Race because it was the Blood Elves who recruited them, not because they share models.

1 Like

Because the Nightborne wasnt the blood elf AR, it was the night elf one.

You must remember: I am of the mind where Blizzard is going to release Vulpera as the token “non-subrace” so Blizzard can confirm that they didnt lie when they said allied races werent just subraces.

1 Like

We don’t know that. They were hinting at Alleria going voidy in WoD and they’ve obviously been planning this whole void lark for ages. Given how obsessively they preplan content it would be weird if void elves came out of nowhere.

2 Likes

If the pattern holds, then, what we’ll receive won’t be anything like Calia Menethil at all – we’ll end up with an Allied Race like this:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/7/76/Jacen_light.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080222143921
3 Likes

But that’s my point, the Allied Race system wasn’t invented to fulfill an arbitrary quota to make playable subraces for every Core Race or that it is going to be limited to subraces.

Allied Races are not connected to core races based on the skeleton they use, it’s the logic you are using and you are calling me obtuse for it. Explain how Kul’Tirans are the Human Allied Race with your skeleton logic then.

Truth is, Allied Races and Core Races aren’t related based on their skeleton, but rather their lore, their connection and their similarities.

Vulpera are going to be a stand alone Allied Race, not a Goblin Allied Race, how this is hard to understand.

3 Likes

Because they are a classic Horde race and kul tiran model fits them perfectly. It’s still more wishful thinking than a expectation.

6 Likes

Regardless of how much “planning” they may or may not have had for Void Elves.

We are literally introduced to the group of Blood Elves interested and experimenting with the Void in the same recruitment quest that it takes to unlock them.

Whatever way you choose to look at it, their implementation over all, was a shoe horn.

11 Likes

“These are Allied Races, these aren’t Sub-Races. There’s no direct associated Race or “Parent Race” or anything like that”
-Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Literally all of the allied races playable right now…are sub races. Which makes 8/12…soon to be 9/12 with mechagnomes.

Humans. They are literally called Kul’tiran HUMANS. You guys are being obtuse for no reason.

But thats not the standard they have put in place. Each allied race has had a connection to their core race. Since the last eight have all been derived from that race…it shows that all allied races must have that connection.

The only connection Vulpera have is by skeleton. Which means that Ion’s quote from BlizzCon 2017 is going to be correct that Vulpera arent going to be a subrace…but they will take the place of a goblin AR.

Better as a core race.

1 Like