High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

No, we dont know if there is a limit…but we know that the general progression of how Blizzard has been designing them seems to fit the “1 per core race” idea for BfA.

I didn’t deviate from the discussion’s start, which was me quoting a Warcraft 3 description of blood elves saying they were courting the powers of the Burning Legion.

Guzzle was the one trying to move the goal post by forcibly changing the subject, first by trying to say it applied only to blood mages, while the description clearly talked about blood elves in general, then going into “they didn’t consume fel”.

To which I replied: “Then explain the green eyes.”

He insisted on the meaning of “consume” as eating, but my point was never it. My point was that they were using demonic power.

You consume electricity daily, you know. It doesn’t mean it’s in your food. It’s in the resources you use every day.

3 Likes

How do you know I dont eat electricity?

1 Like

Hey, I don’t care if we get them after those ARs, all I hoped for was good news.

1 Like

For me it doesn’t. No sign of any potential Worgen Allied Race, because there’s no possible candidate. And Lightforged Undead can die in a fire.

I don’t get this whole idea of “One Allied Race for every Core Race”. It doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

There was no literal sign of a gnome AR until 8.2

1 Like

eh, they were hinting at mechagon since 8.0

Fair point, but do you really believe it’s a good idea for Blizzard to make another asspull Allied Race instead of making one based on a existing group? Just to fulfill this “One Allied Race for each Core Race” nonsense?

1 Like

Mechagnomes were known since Blizzcon 2018, thought, and there were datamined tidbits about “junker gnomes” since BfA Alpha, which fueled speculation on them being a gnome AH since early 2018.

Right now, it’s really hard to know what will come after/with mechagnomes and vulpera as Allied Races.

There is the Saberon from Draenor. We don’t know how much, but some made it to Azeroth. You can see them run away right after the Mag’har get teleported to Azeroth in their Allied Race quest.

There is also the Night Elf Worgen.

But Saberon are not related to Worgen in any way, just the skeleton.

THey were hinting at Mechagon, but we havent seen any sort of gnome AR until the introduction of the junker gnomes (mechagnomes) in 8.2 in game.

Yes, because they realize that people pay for race changes and spend time getting heritage armor. Its also a Blizzard idea if they are retiring the AR system after BFA.

Which means that they didnt exist until they were shown off in BFA,which wasnt in game 8.2 AKA they created something from scratch.

Lightforged Undead and something for Horde.

this is just another example of the pro side throwing fanfictions at the wall to see what sticks

first, so the context is taela has no clue what has become of her people back home in quel’thalas and gets a rundown colored by alliance adventurers like wyrmstar who tell her that her people left the alliance and are now mana vampires who call themselves blood elves. thats why she says that to you

second, this line is no longer relevant. as the sunwell was restored and the entire concept of TBC high/blood elves was resolved. you can fanfiction the few elves there are still there with the portal reopened even though auric, their captain, has returned to azeroth and settled in quel’thalas. where he resides as a ‘high’ elf representative and likely with the others as i dont see him as the type to abandon anyone after preaching how they are all ‘children of silvermoon’

how does linking the kirin tor offensive prove they are alliance aligned. it is called the kirin tor offensive not the SC offensive and once again you ignore the context. jaina has brought dalaran and the kirin tor into the alliance after the purge of the sunreavers. jainas kirin tor is the only time they are ever shown to attack the horde. but thank you you have proven they are pledged to and a part of the kirin tor

2 Likes

Vulpera are no way related to the goblins outside of skeleton,but are going to be the goblin AR.

I don’t see the issue with that though.

Your message was about “no literal sign of a gnome AR until 8.2”, which is false, since there were signs since BfA alpha.

Right now there’s no sign of “lightforged undead” as a race. You got Calia as an unique case, and 8.2.5 seems to point in her becoming the new Forsaken leader.

Signs of going to Mechagon isnt signs of a allied race unless you want to play as a sentient island.

Alleria.

well now i do

Again, why not make a already existing group playable instead instead of shoving more unnecessary and unwanted races in the lore? Ogres, San’layn, High Elves, Wildhammer, all of them are in the queue waiting to become playable and are very popular, why not.

They aren’t, for a simple reason:

How can you assassinate your own arguments so fast.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, let’s use the worst introduction ever of a race as a quality benchmark.

No one knew of “Mechagon” until Blizzcon 2018. We knew of “junker gnomes”, thought. A new gnome variant in an expansion with new race variants. Hmmm…