High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

“We are no longer high elves”, says a big part of the people.

“No, we are high elves and reject your path”, said a minority who then left their home.

Two cultures taking their separate ways, right there. Biology is not everything.

Plus, you only addressed the first quote. There’s a dozen others in that link.

10 Likes

But his renaming wasn’t about abandoning his culture, or the beliefs that made them High elves, that is the point. Whether some high elfs rejected the path is irrelevant. He, and other Blood elves did not stop practicing High elven culture, stop speaking high elven, or stop practicing high elven traditions. Your comment infers that his quote was suggesting that he was somehow renouncing High elves, when in reality it was only to honor them.

1 Like

The quote is literally: “And so I say to you that, as of this day, we are no longer high elves!”

8 Likes

Yes, because they were changing their name to honor the High elves. That’s why context matters.

2 Likes

And then you have a dozen other quotes treating high and blood elves as different things.

3 Likes

Which has nothing to do with the name-change itself, which was the purpose of that quote. You simply left the context out because otherwise the meaning of the quote is entirely different.

Context is the difference between saying

He left his dying friend in the field.

from

He left his dying friend in the field, to go find help.

One has context, the other doesn’t, and yet both can send completely different messages to the reader.

1 Like

As we all seem to be in agreement that the name change was basically political in nature; being Kael of the Lonely Brain Cell’s way of refocusing his people after they got clobbered, my response is still…

So what?

We have plenty of examples throughout the game of High elves still being High Elves and , obviously, wanting to have nothing to do with the Silvermoon crowd.
As for actual numbers, others have made wonderful lists, in various parts of this thread. I’ll se if I can find some.

To continue to tout ‘biology’ as a reason for faction allegiance, is very short-sighted.
To claim that have PAHEs would ‘cheapen’ the belf storyline or somehow ‘dilute’ the Horde…nope. We got Panderan to prove THAT wrong.

If you are so terrified of this addition to the game, then you ‘antis’ really have to look and see where you all coming from; because I’ve never cared at all what someone plays or how or why.
I certainly never trued to deny someone else’s happiness ON A GAME, just so I could feel better.
Skäl.
:beer:

1 Like

Oh, yeah, let’s focus on the name-change and ignore everything that came after that, just like you are ignoring all the other quotes.

5 Likes

Once I see a possibility of playing a high elf on Alliance I’ll be back to playing retail. Until then, my gold fuels my classic addiction… err… game time.

3 Likes

Do I want to know?

1 Like

Because you’re suggesting that his comment announcing their new name was somehow inferring that he was making some sort of departure from who they were as High elves, when the name change itself was only to honor them. They weren’t renouncing what it means to be a High elf with that comment, merely proclaiming that the remaining High elves honor the dead high elves that fought for their survival.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what he’s saying there.

Amazing how you can deny written words just because they don’t fit your opinion.

Deny it all you want. Verba volant, scripta manent.

4 Likes

Yes because I can identify context, I’m sorry that you can’t.

1 Like

Yes.
Playable
Alliance
High
Elves
Skäl.
:beer:

2 Likes

That seems needlessly difficult to understand. What’s wrong with helfs?

2 Likes

Where would you like me to start? :wink:

3 Likes

With my hair, big boy. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Oh you savage.

Yikes, that got awkward

2 Likes

Don’t make it weird.