High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

It is a Blizzard made book that is literally called The Ultimate Visual Guide.

Is is not an RPG, which Blizzard has estated are not canon.

The math is not that complicated.

Why are you quoting to people accusing one another of not knowing the Lore as something that belongs to a side when both engaged on it regardless of who liked what? You think they were being motivated by likes and not to one up one another?

Khagdar is the head of the Council of Six and he declared their neutrality

Nope. It’s collaborated with Blizzard. Not the same thing. At all.

“Created in close collaboration with Blizzard”.

It’s right there.

To show that i see bad behavior coming from both sides, not just one. And liking posts containing accusations and insults is condoning bad behavior, doesn’t matter from who it comes.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s right there. They collaborated. It’s not the same thing collaborating as making it in house.

I stand by my statement that it’s not official lore until someone from the lore team explicitly declares that it is.

If it wasn’t official it wouldn’t be promoted on the game’s official website along with the 3 Chronicles books.

And in any case, I don’t even know why are you arguing this. It is a fact that the source it’s official. It is also official that those that actually were exiled are now wretched anyway.

Having back and forth (to not use a more colloquial term) about who knows lore more hardly counts as bad behavior. Petty? Sure, there are better way to prove that with actual display of information.

But if the other side refuses to see that information…

Show the statement indicating that anything promoted on the website is official lore please.

It took me a bit to remember where it was, but this is a quote taken from in-game about how the draining magic from living beings (referenced by Lord Hawkspear in the Lor’themar short story) is one of the major differences between High Elves and Blood Elves.

This is a quote from Taela Everstride, one of the High Elf rangers at the Allerian Stronghold.
“I’m a HIGH elf, not a blood elf. Don’t worry, I’m not going to suck all of the magic out of you.”

She specifically states that High Elves and Blood Elves are different, and points at the draining of magic from living beings as the point of differentiation.

5 Likes

Because it’s the official website?

Again, why are you arguing this. The existance of the exiles has been dealt with already, we’ve seen it in game: Those are wretched now.

Yet those under Hawkspear turned into wretched due to obtaining a magical artifact… I wonder why.

And then you have High elves in outland sending you to steal magical artifacts with the explicit objective of feeding the addiction, and I quote:

" With those vessels and their power in hand, the scattered survivors of my people can resist the lure of demonic magic. Every quel’dorei we can save from our prince’s folly is one more that can help us regain our lost glory. Bring me these vessels, "

Through MoP. Dalaran is now, and has been, officially neutral. Through all of Legion at the very least (WoD as well iirc) and most assuredly afterward - given Khadgar’s edict at Legion’s end.

I’m fine with the Silver Covenant going full-on Alliance, not a military arm (which supports the Alliance) of a neutral city-state. That would mean, of course, leaving Dalaran.

They drain magic from items, not from people and animals. That is the difference.

4 Likes

Ok, great. Indicate though where they call themselves High Elves independent from the rest of the High Elves. Because thus far we only have sources that place both “factions” together as High Elves.

She literally says “I am a high elf, not a blood elf.” How much clearer can it be?

When I literally have a quote from an NPC specifying the difference, it makes me wonder what exactly it would take to convince you.

3 Likes

One of my earlier suggestions is that with the faction war being “over” it would be easier for the SC and Vereesa to tell Dadghar that they are going to play with their friends now, without being militarily involved in the faction war.

Of course us night elves still have some heads to crack.

3 Likes

The reason I’m arguing this point is that it’s important to distinguish secondary sources from primary sources. Secondary sources are great for a general sense of things and a general idea of the lore and the races, etc.

For things like this, where we are getting into very specific points of contention, only primary sources are admissible, i.e. fiction and other works that explicitly have the stamp of the approval from the lore department. Thus far, there is not a single primary source that distinguishes between High Elf factions as some being “real” High Elves (other than official source explicitly stating otherwise - that the Blood Elves are the High Elves and vice versa).

Who says it, where, which quest, so that we can all review your material.

I already said it earlier, in the very post that you quoted. Please actually pay attention to the things I say and stop making me repeat myself.

This is a quote from Taela Everstride, one of the High Elf rangers at the Allerian Stronghold.
“I’m a HIGH elf, not a blood elf. Don’t worry, I’m not going to suck all of the magic out of you.”

3 Likes

And yet Ros’eleth (another Allerian high elf) refers to the Blood elves as Quel’dorei, and Auric Sunchaser refers to Blood and high elves collectively as all “children of silvermoon” showing that some High elves don’t see themselves any different than blood elves.

3 Likes

I understand that some high elves feel closer to their blood Elven brethren than others do. That’s not my point right now. My point is that it is clearly stated in the lore that there are differences between the two groups, and one of those differences is the draining of magic from living beings.

3 Likes

If you want to do something for racials, I feel like there has to be some racial flavor in it outside of the small typical things:

Divergent Histories

• Ability Type: Passive

• Cooldown: 24 hours of selection OR Selection upon Level 1 and again at level cap

• Veteran of Outland - Increase Strength by X%. Every time you cast a damaging ability, gain Y% of armor for Z seconds (stack of 4-5)

• Highvale Training - Increase Agility by X%. Every time you cast an ability, gain X% movement speed for Z seconds (stack of 4-5)

• Kirin Tor Scholar - Increase Intellect by X%. Every time you cast a damaging ability, gain Y% of two random secondary stats for Z seconds (stack of 4-5)

• Welcomed of Telogrus - You have a chance on each ability cast to deal Shadow damage in an AoE around you, also granting you X% of your primary stat for Z amount of seconds.

• Pilgrim of the Sunwell - Upon taking damage, you are granted a shield absorbing X damage for Z seconds. When the shield is broken or duration runs out, deal Y amount of holy damage to your target ( y second cooldown)

• Pledge of the Silver Covenant - Your damaging abilities and attacks have a chance to deal bonus Arcane damage. When an enemy is killed, gain X% of bonus damage for the next Y amount of seconds (Z second cooldown).

Personal Meditation

• Ability Type: Channeled
  • Cooldown: 2 (or 2.5) minutes
  • Regenerate up to 100% of your maximum resource (reduced down to 10% for instanced content) over 5 seconds. Once exiting the channel, you are allowed to change talents for the next 20 seconds or put into combat.

Exile’s Agility (thanks Tamz)

• Dismounted outdoor Movement Speed increased by 10%

Experienced Mind

• Inscription skill increased by 5. Item (including equipment usages) cooldowns are reduced by 5%

Thalassian Heritage

• Reduces all magical damage by 1%

Enjoy the overpowered-ness of all of this

9 Likes