High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Oops I didn’t look to where those went, my bad. If I have time I’ll see if I can find the exact parts from the Book about Lor’themar… but I believe some one previously posted that

1 Like

Which facts?

Which Blizzard material?

Does any Blizzard material indicate that the Silver Covenant is Neutral or isn’t (at least) Alliance aligned?

No proof and no evidence = no facts.

Pretending some affirmations are facts without anything backing them up while condoning inflammatory behavior coming with them come across as trolling.

6 Likes

The thing that makes the High Elf debates so long and controversial is how many of the things regarding them aren’t clear enough, and people goo too deep to conclude things but in the end no progress is made because nothing is really confirmed by what is presented in lore or in the game.

And comments like Ion’s statement on that cursed Q&A only served to make things worse.

9 Likes

The only source that has been declared categorically as non canon are the RPG guides. The Ultimate Visual Guide and its expanded version are not an RPG guide, it’s a compilation of events from the game and the context to those events.

It is very much official.

…specifically lumps “Blood Elves” and “High Elves” as the same race.

Got anything else from an official source?

Non-cannon and not official are two different standards.

Link the quote where someone official from Blizzard states that the Ultimate Visual Guide and everything in it is the official lore for the game.

It does not by any means discount that they (you know who we are talking about ) refused to siphon magic from living creatures. You have any official sources that prove otherwise?

5 Likes

It is a book released by Blizzard approved by them and promoted on the official website.

From the section dedicated to that book in the world of warcraft site:

“Created in close collaboration with Blizzard, World of Warcraft®: The Ultimate Visual Guide explores the major characters, key locations, and epic history of this battle-scarred realm, and will capture any adventurer’s imagination with its breadth of detail. Players will find a treasure trove of game knowledge as the book delves deep into the series’ lore and even goes beyond the game, giving readers a peek at the behind-the-scenes development of Blizzard’s vivid fantasy world. This detailed guide is the perfect companion for any adventurer, Alliance or Horde.”

cough

What? So now you’re looking up who likes posts you don’t agree with and using that to accuse people of inciting flaggable behavior? Are you serious?

4 Likes

Yes, in that very story they refer to both “High Elves” and “Blood Elves” as High Elves together. So yes, by official sources they’re the same.

1 Like

Maybe I missed it, but nowhere in here does it state this is official lore.

If liking posts like those isn’t inciting bad behavior i don’t know what it is.

2 Likes

“The Silver Covenant was created by Vereesa Windrunner as a precaution against possible treachery from the Sunreavers.”

Taken from: Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War, chapter 22.

As far as i know this book is considered canon. There is your fact that it was founded under the auspices of the kirin tor for dealing with horde plots in Dalaran and any wider horde uprisings, and that they are alliance affiliated/friendly.

1 Like

This actually proves nothing but the obvious about the SC.

And even if they work for Dalaran it doesn’t suddenly make them Neutral, specially considering that the city itself was clearly aligned with the Alliance throughout MoP.

8 Likes

Looking back at yeah, I should have just said channeled activation or just channeled instead of just activation. But, given the late hour I was posting at, I’m surprised I didn’t put passive by mistake lol. So, I will edit that for full clarity. :+1:

1 Like

You said no facts = no proof.

They have heen provided.

And it doesn’t proof that the Silver Covenant is Neutral.

The moment you grind rep with the Silver Covenant in a Horde char i will agree with your position.

8 Likes

Actually it does. The Kirin Tor is an explicitly neutral organization.

Not exactly.

Though they had to show forced Neutrality in Wrath, they are more Alliance leaned than Neutral. In Legion the key organizations weren’t the two factions, but rather the Order Halls.

9 Likes

Love seeing the discussion expand when people actually research items!

1 Like