High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Wasn’t targeting you specifically :wink:

2 Likes

How important the Silver Covenant are at this exact moment isn’t the point. The point is, they are still official members of the Alliance.

4 Likes

Attitudes like this are what cause the thread to get flagged and shut down.

4 Likes

I got angry because I was pushed. That’s not the reason why this thread gets flagged. It gets flagged because it is too easy to abuse the reporting tool on these forums. There are plenty of threads with people saying far worse, and they don’t get flagged.

4 Likes

:heart::heart:Woot :+1::+1::+1::+1: Woot :heart::heart:

1 Like

No, you’re angry because your viewpoint is being challenged.

Behavior back and forth like that actually is a contributing factor. When people can’t behave the thread gets put in time out.

3 Likes

I wasn’t angry because my “viewpoint was challenged,” I’m fine with reasoned debate. I got angry because he insulted me and my knowledge of Warcraft, which I pride myself in.

3 Likes

Actually the faction wars end provides an interesting way to introduce the silver covenant, high vale, and sons of Lothar elves.

We know the alliance is suffering heavy casualties, and had to start conscripting farmers. Now that the War is over, Vereesa runs very little risk of any real skirmishes with the Blood elves. So we could see a scenario where is has a better ability to send her people out to assist the alliance with their recovery efforts. This would happen without violating any notion of neutrality from Dadghar… if that is what is truely holding them back. (I don’t think it is, just probably trying to avoid it entirely) We already know the sunreavers can assist the horde at their leasure.

3 Likes

Though it seems you contribute and incite this kind of behavior as long as it supports your side considering you are throwing likes into inflammatory posts directed against us

ahem

Bias anyone?

11 Likes

This is what got me angry. He claimed that I don’t know the lore, which is false, and that I was presenting fallacies and conjecture as fact, which is also false. Those are both direct insults against me, and that angered me.

4 Likes

Alliance is boss right now as of 8.2.5. High elves are being mobilized.

2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Dont worry about them. They are probably disgruntled Sylvanas supporters. They are also likely upset that Vereesa, a real-life high elf, attended Saurfang’s funeral in Orgrimmar itself.

3 Likes

I don’t agree with your view points. I believe the other guy has the superior argument. I’m not sorry that you don’t agree and don’t like that.

The Silver Convenant might be alliance leaning and help out from time to time (like they did with the Lich King), but they aren’t alliance. They weren’t formed as an alliance group and serving the needs of the alliance wasn’t their primary function. They are affiliated under Dalaran and they came to be because they objected to the horde joining Dalaran. That’s understandable because in the story’s history the horde fought against Dalaran.

2 Likes

Yet you still insist on asserting that High Elves and Blood Elves are different.

They’re not (per the people who actually write the Warcraft lore).

I will grant you that they haven’t exactly been sending consistent signals throughout the life of the game (particularly with some of the racial choices for NPCs in Northrend and other places), but the facts are the facts.

High Elves = Blood Elves. The end.

2 Likes

Disagree 100%!

2 Likes

Show us where they said there is absolutely Zero difference?

I don’t think anyone denies that they are biologically the same, but they have had a recent catalyst to different life styles and political views.

For example- the Blood Elves were okay with syphoning magic from living creatures and Fel. The high elves did not participate in this behavior.

4 Likes

During the Third War, however, the high elves were nearly scoured from Azeroth. Led by the death knight Arthas, a Scourge army stormed into Quel’Thalas, slaughtering almost ninety percent of the kingdom’s population. Arthas then used the mystical Sunwell to resurrect the fallen necromancer Kel’Thuzad, irrevocably tainting the fount in the process.

Fearing that the befouled well would obliterate his dwindling race, Prince Kael’thas Sunstrider gathered a group of Quel’Thalas’s defenders and destroyed the fount to avert catastrophe. Although the high elves were spared from continued exposure to the Sunwell’s dark energies, in the fount’s absence they suffered terribly from withdrawal. As a result, Kael’thas desperately searched for a means to help his people—whom he had renamed the blood elves—and thus he set out for the shattered world of Outland. There he allied with the renegade demon Illidan Stormrage in the hopes of finding a cure for the blood elves’ crippling withdrawal.

From the wow website.

Blood Elves are High Elves. Kael’thas, the leader of the High Elves renamed them Blood Elves. They’re the same race. The end.

2 Likes

Biologically, sure, they are the same species. I’ve never claimed otherwise. But that’s not the point of this thread. If you have been on this thread before just now, you should already know that. The Blood Elves and the High Elves are different in culture and allegiance. While the Blood Elves embraced draining magic from living beings as a method of survival, the High Elves refused. While Blood Elves chose to join the Horde out of necessity, the High Elves refused. There are quite a lot of fascinating differences between the two groups philosophically, culturally, and politically. And canonically speaking, the High Elves we have heard comment on the subject actually HATE it when people call them Blood Elves.

Biologically speaking, Kul Tirans aren’t actually any different than regular humans. Blizz has specifically stated this. Mag’har aren’t really a different species from Orcs either. No one on the High Elf side thinks that they are a completely different species from Blood Elves, so making that point really sidesteps the actual point.

4 Likes

I read that until the part where you mentioned that the Sunwell was irrevocably tainted. The final raid of BC ends with the Sunwell being redeemed. Or to say it differently, the taint was revoked.

#factsmatter

1 Like