High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

if she was alliance this whole time she would not need to say these things. she hasnt been able to act because she is part of the kirin tor and their neutrality and wants to ‘deal’ with the sunreavers because of theramore

they have alliance sympathies, and when dalaran is involved they are allowed to act on those sympathies. but they still cant fight the horde in any capacity now that dalaran is back to neutrality with the ousting of jaina

It was a lot more charming when we weren’t used to you.

Like a near future where Alliance high elves become playable?

Dev commentary strongly suggests not. Versus nothing.

2 Likes

You are smarter than I am.

2 Likes

In the wake of the Cataclysm, the Silver Covenant is invited by the Ranger-General of Silvermoon, Halduron Brightwing, to join forces with Vol’jin of the Darkspear tribe against the budding Amaniempire within the city of Zul’Ama

Like explained while back that was the one of two instance they did work with the Horde, The tensions were at a low between alliance and horde so this was probably acceptable with the Alliance and why they did.

The 2nd time was pretty much a all Elf operation and the Unseen Path Forces
Vereesa leads the Silver Covenant to Trueshot Lodge, pledging their aid to the new leader of the Unseen Path following their inauguration. Later, the Silver Covenant, together with the Sentinels and the Quel’Thalassian force, participated in the Nightfallen rebellion.

So keep in mind they Pledge their aid not their loyalty to the Unseen Path. Im guessing this is where you getting your They helped with your mounts.

3 Likes

Sure, if we only pay attention to Ion’s april comments, ignore the simultaneous comments by a different developer on the largest player request the same day and then ignore the Q&A Allied Race questions after that…

I mean. I wouldn’t even say that was strongly against it though. “Near term.” “Anything is possible in the future.”

But you are apparently the thought police… so… Keep telling me what to think.

All of us pro-High-Elf players foolishly taking, “Don’t lose hope” to mean don’t lose hope. Our bad.

5 Likes

it had nothing to do with the alliance. canonically the alliance do not step foot in quel’thalas here and help the blood elves with the amani empire, just the SC. hal invites vereesa in an individual capacity, he doesnt ask wrynn. and they do it because they consider it home still

the SC show up with khadgar and the kirin tor who they have pledged allegiance to, not SW and the alliance. they dont follow you into the faction war, they go back to dalaran and its neutrality at the conclusion of legion

1 Like

Don’t worry quel’dorei will be coming to an alliance player soon.

8 Likes

You’re being a little manipulative there.

Don’t worry, we won’t loose hope either.

4 Likes

I have no doubt, Just waiting.

6 Likes

Your like telling only half the story, so misleading.

4 Likes

youll be waiting a very long time im afraid. blizzard has made it quite clear blood elves, who represent well over 90% of the living high elf population, are the future. this goes all the way back to chris metzen when he first came up with the blood elf rebranding and said in 2005 ‘blood elves are our high elves’

which, as the godfather of warcraft lore, he said knowing about the exiles in dalaran and the huts

and void elves are a thing now too

You care to place a wager on that?

I think you are wrong in fact i think the Customization option for playable Silver Covenant will be added to the Ren’dorei to settle the matter once and for all.

1 Like

No point debating that one. I’m still not reading it, because it’s pointless. But basically, they’ll post incorrect statements and if you manage, through a use of citations, to stop it dead they’ll change the topic, but then use the same talking points immediately after words.

Don’t bother. Anybody reading the forum in good faith already knows.

6 Likes

they would still be a void elf. not a high/blood elf. so is it about the lore or the aesthetic of a light skinned elf? playable alliance high elves were denied because they are the exact same thing as blood elves, just with a different political ideology. giving void elves light skin would defeat the entire purpose of giving the alliance a high elf variant

1 Like

Me?

flips hair, bats eyelashes. Which are fabulous because he’s a Sin’dorei

Tell me again what the developers really meant. :kissing_heart:

I’m still charming.

1 Like

They’re just cycling the conversation to avoid the argument. They just want fair skinned thin elves on the Alliance. The rest is motivated reasoning.

Anybody reading the forum in good faith already knows.

5 Likes

He says to Fyre. That’s a riot.

5 Likes

While yes, we want High Elves on Alliance, its not just Alliance players that support High Elves. We should move away from labeling that way and say Quel’dorei will be come to players soon. =D

4 Likes

Gotta be alliance to play them.