High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Ion didn’t say it about Blood Elves getting blue eyes. He talks about increased customization options but he’s really careful about not saying it.

And it means something, so no matter how much you think he’s carrot and sticking people, doesn’t mean he also didn’t mean it. Like I said, every interview in the last year he’s said they’re looking into Allied Race feedback.

You’ve got to go back a long ways to get to that interview where he’s failing on trying to open people up to Void Elves.

6 Likes

Not in Warcraft. All helmets do is hide the hair geoset

The way hair works is your model has all of the various hairstyles at once, but only one ever shows at a time. As such, when you put on a hair-obscuring helmet, it turns off that. This was most visible on male gnomes back in the day as we went completely bald rather than having some hair in place

Yeah. Sometimes the game bugs and you can see your crazy Dragon Ball Z + long hair.

Though I haven’t seen it happen in a long time.

3 Likes

I hope they actually listen. I dont expect to see High Elves until atleast 9.0 but they have to see the support it has. The announcement at Blizzcon 2020 “Playable High El-” SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

6 Likes

I will have to buy another account to accommodate all the characters I want to make.

1 Like

Haha. I mean…

It’s an uncomfortable place to be in to say for every Q&A and interview since then that you’re listening to AR feedback and then ignore it.

So I don’t know. Obviously anything can happen. Should be skeptical about ever getting High Elves.

But… if they’re not considering or working on it then it’s an incredibly unfortunate way to stall for time that won’t go well for them in the end.

6 Likes

I might be overly optimistic, but I think we will get them.

He did actually, right here in the Q&A.
~https://youtu.be/AUik9-2ygS8?t=2860

Obviously I understand that if you love Alliance, you’re an Alliance player, and you just want to be a fair-skinned, light-haired, blue-eyed elf… Sorry? The horde is waiting for you? Eye color’s not quite the same, maybe there’ll be contact lenses in the future, you never know. Anything is possible in the future but no plans in the near term -

I’m just saying it’s a very common throw away phrase people use to avoid saying no. You don’t have to agree, so it’s really a pointless conversation to have.

They are his words, interpret them however you will but he did say it.

2 Likes

I think we’d have heard more about mechagnome and vulpera otherwise. But we’ll see.

1 Like

as they consider high elves playable and that the alliance has a high elf variant AR already, playable alliance high elves are almost certainly off the table. fanfictions are not feedback. especially when they are on record saying ARs will be much more rare after BFA, and only added when they make sense. they dont want them to be an expected thing every patch and the chances of development wasting one of those spots on alliance high elves is .0 something

1 Like

Yeah. And then he said stuff in his german interview and the Q&A after that.

and contact lenses aren’t the same thing as giving them blue eyes. He’s actually asked about it in a later interview about customization options where he talks about how they want to add customization options but definitely avoids saying anything about giving Blood Elves blue eyes.

2 Likes

Vulpera were completely redone in the beta to a player model with fully unique animations based on goblin ones, but not taken from them exactly, and Mechagnomes have had a ton of work done on them including custom dance animations

There’s that much work on them they’re coming down the line eventually, and at this point are the only real choices with that much work done

1 Like

Maybe they are holding off on announcing those until they can announce high elves as well. Even the hint of mechagnomes being playable left a lot of alliance players underwhelmed, because it’s yet another race the alliance never asked for.

I agree.

I think because of the manpower put into them that their being added is inevitable. But I think that the fact that they’ve responded to questions about future Allied Races in that they’re looking into feedback about Allied Races rather than announcing these two that are obviously far along is telling.

Okay? That doesn’t change the fact that he said it.

“you just want to be a fair-skinned, light-haired, blue-eyed elf… Sorry? The horde is waiting for you? Eye color’s not quite the same, maybe there’ll be contact lenses in the future, you never know.”

He is talking about blue eyes though, as blood elves don’t have blue eyes like High elves, so he suggests that maybe they’ll get lenses one day, you’ll never know.

The fact that he doesn’t bring it up again doesn’t make it irrelevant, so I don’t know why you’re trying so hard to make it seem that way.

1 Like

It’s no secret I’m leaning towards the group that thinks high elves will be turned into void elves, and maybe that’ll be reason for them to give void elves some high elf customization. I don’t think they’ll add a second “blood elf” model to the Alliance.

Of course, this is what I think will happen, not what I want to happen.

If I’m right, I just hope Blizzard will actually do a passionate effort this time to bring us a good story and more customization.

3 Likes

Contact Lenses aren’t the same thing as Blood Elves having blue eyes.

Especially since you can literally go and get Golden eyed Blood Elf faces.

I’m not saying it’s impossible. Though I think it’s unlikely. Gold is kind of the Blood Elf eye lore color now.

But they say they want to add more customization options so we’ll see.

1 Like

Ion isn’t even aware that Blood Elves didn’t have blue eyes, this is the lore knowledge our game director have, and people think he’s reasonable and understand about the issue, that’s comic.

1 Like

Yes it is, as he’s referring to changing the color of their eyes to match the High elves. That is clear as day.

That just tells us that there might be more options like that in the future for the blood elves. That isn’t evidence that they’re not considering more eye customizations, especially considering magic is the most central theme for the Blood elves.

It’s just as likely a High elves at this point, js.

1 Like

Eh. I don’t know about that.

Unless there is some way to make you chase the High Elf customization down.

Playable High Elves just pays off too much from race transfers/people rep grinding.

They could just add customization and they probably would get some transfers. But if they want those time played hours it makes sense to make them their own Allied Race.

It’s not impossible though. I’d expect a several year fight over Paladins after that.

8 Likes