High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

The game states plainly high elves changed their names to blood elves. The encyclopedia makes it plain those remaining are a remnant of a remnant and are the same as blood elves.

Different context means different results. You’re trying to equate them all as the same which is not the case. A magical change does not necessarily imply it will be the same as the other.

How was it a gaffe? This entire post of yours is you arguing about how much you dislike the arguments, and not the actual arguments themselves. You then try to categorize the things you disagree with in ways to suit you when it should be taken from an objective fashion.

Along with the entire Suramar storyline which demonstrates that the nightborne are not the same as night elves? You’re always making statements of “well I’ve”, and no one cares, because you’re trying to enforce your argument through some authority which you do not hold.

If you don’t like it, fine, but don’t claim others as disingenuous when you define it.

I mean. Sometimes it makes you a Spider Elf.

He said a stupid thing we’re arguing about on the internet about. If you say something that makes people argue on the internet for almost two years you messed up.

Not sure what you’re talking about. I played the entire Suramar storyline, I’ve got a Nightborne after all. I was hanging out with a bunch of Night Elves addicted to magic wine.

You say you don’t know much about Night Elves. Did you ever read the War of the Ancients trilogy?

They’re just Night Elves.

Other than the sentence on the race page the only other thing you’d have to argue with is maybe Thalryssa’s comment in her video about how the Well changed them. But it just made her look like a different Night Elf.

Also things are relative. So like… if you want to objectively say: The Well changed them…

Yeah they got minutely changed. But if you’re going objectively you have to admit that having glowing green eyes is a change too. So. shrugs

That’s a huge issue. People on this forum want to argue one thing as an objective statement and then compare with a subjective statement immediately after that.

2 Likes

Enemy agent? When did I say he was an enemy agent? All I said was that they named the group after him, but that he has no actual association with the group.

Rommath is fiercely protective of the Sunwell as we’ve seen numerous times, and considering that he gets just as defensive when you’re a horde non-elf that point is moot. The important part is if you’re a blood elf the narrative is quickly turned into a speech revolving the reunification between the Quel’dorei and Sin’dorei where he refers to both groups collectively as “Children of Silvermoon”

It says “Most” gave up spellcasting in the Encyclopedia, suggesting a social shift in the modern Alliance High elves from traditional Thalassian culture, as “magic” was always a central theme.

• Encyclopedia: Like blood elves, high elves can use arcane magic, but most do not because most high elves are not spellcasters.

Care to cite your evidence proving me wrong? Or are you just going to make basless comments and cite a book without actually giving me any proof to back up you theory?

I said Blood Elves continue to uphold High elven traditions, and customs and provided examples that can be found in-game and lore to support it. It’s not to say that they haven’t picked up new customs, and traditions, but that they’ve never stopped practicing the traditions that make up who they are. If you have any evidence to suggest the contrary I’d suggest you’d post and cite it here.

Even the name “Blood Elf” is a reference to their loyal lineage, their “bloodline” as High elves according to both Blood of the Highborn Novella and established plainly by a tweet from Micky Neilson.

~https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson/status/451896294433230848

If you’re going to try to use the argument that they’re an active military force dedicated to the Alliance, you’re going to need to explain why only two of them are seen in an entire expansion centered around the war conflict between factions. No one said there are no High elf trainers, or portal holders, we’re saying they are no longer an active military force in the Alliance large enough to justify players running out into the world with them. Ion himself confirmed this in a Q&A about High elves not once, but twice.

Have you been on this thread?

People are constantly like, 'They need more than two high elves" when they’ve got no authority at all.

Kind of a pointless comment from you. I act with authority when I dismiss irrelevant, pointless comments with no logic?

Yeah. I do. Since I’ve got no power and the person I’m debating has no power I don’t need to waste my time running some rabbit hole because they think "10,000’ years is an important benchmark when its meaningless with the way magic works. Or because they think that Blizzard has to follow guideline on allied races based on what they’ve done before because some one of the forums thinks that they do.

Doesn’t make any sense. Doesn’t matter.

1 Like

I’m sorry to like hijack your discussion, here, but wouldn’t this line of thinking directly contrast with the assertion that playable High Elves are stealing things from the Blood Elves – especially if, as most reasonable folks presume would be the case, Blizzard further differentiates the HE’s from the BE’s through some as yet unknown circumstance(s)?

You can’t very well believe that “High Elves are High Elves in nothing but name”, that Blood Elves represent “the themes, cultures and views of the High Elves we [recall] from WC”, and simultaneously complain that HE’s will be stealing from the BE’s.

They’re either the same, or they’re not the same – it can’t be both. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Lightforged Draenei. Survivors of a crashed space battleship teamed up with elite recruits from another group of triple-genocided survivors from double capital ship crashes.

This is, frankly, inarguable from either side.

Dalaran is neutral. The Kirin Tor are neutral. The Silver Covenant strains - if not breaks outright - the boundaries of even technical neutrality.

In the real world, if a militant faction of a nation - or militia if you will - actively involved itself in armed combat against a nation their own had declared neutrality with it would be an act of rebellion.

In the game, the best thing that could happen is a showdown between Vereesa and the Council with the end result of the Silver Covenant leaving Dalaran and openly serving the Alliance.

Hey, don’t force me to revise my rather high opinion of you. :wink:

Citation. Which you can’t provide because Blizzard hasn’t written anything on the matter.

Just a headcanon comment from you.

Yeah? Who canonly completed the Quel’delar quest?

Most characters in WoW aren’t spellcasters. Not sure what your point is here.

Read the novella Blood of the Highborn. it’s not long. Also because of fair use it’s not like I can just quote the whole book to you so you know more about what Blood Elves are about.

For your next comment… I’m not sure why everyone acts like the Blood Elf heritage armor quest makes it obvious they’re the continuation of the High Elf ideal.

Same as my comment before about Blood of the Highborne, it’s about them getting eaten by Zombies and changing their name. It also specifically ends after recounting stuff from Warcraft 3… So it ends at the name change to Blood Elf.

Not sure why everyone wants to pretend that none of the Blood Elf stuff happened after that.

Pretty sure that the High Elves didn’t have an order of Knights that was integral to their existence that fed off the power of a Naaru. Pretty sure they didn’t have Blood Mages either.

Looks at the Mage District Again

Mmhmm.

I like the requirements you made up for High Elves to be an Allied Race. Let me know how that works out for you.

Yeah. I mean, except for the Nazmir Blood Magic though…

and like everything they did between Warcraft 3 and the very end of The Burning Crusade. (And then all the stuff they did after that.)

No offense, amigo - but this is not remotely a “minor customization” to the original troll model. :slight_smile:

Yeah but that works fine as an AR introduction.

1 Like

I mean you’re just a troll that got some posture training.

Not saying you don’t look dope. I’m a Darkspear guy myself though.

I never said it wouldn’t. In fact, it’s the only really rational way I could see the new lore being written to support High Elves.

2 Likes

Yeah. It works fine. Though there are other options too. Like, the Allerian Stronghold Elves heard what happened to the Blood Elves and were like, “We’ll stay in Outland.” so they can just as easily decide to join up too.

1 Like

Yeah. And then LEAD An Invasion of Argus.

Classic Blizzard race logic.

“Have they got a Barracks? Have they got a Goldmine? Their numbers are infinite.”

This actually isn’t strictly true, but only because of how the modern world views corporations – in the context of Warcraft, you’re likely right.

Probably. It’s not exactly implausible that the Kirin Tor recommits itself to the Alliance, they’ve got a very clear bias in favor of the Alliance regardless of which foreign policy they’re adhering to at any given point.

And if we’re being honest, it wouldn’t be that far-fetched for a bunch of the Sunreavers to decide that their loyalties to Dalaran outweigh their loyalties to Quel’thalas and simply adjoin themselves to the Alliance – as we’re all aware, some of these people will have spent ~2,600 years or so living almost exlusively in Dalaran.

1 Like

I think one of the things that put Z-Trolls high on my list is that they have a decently long history in the game - they were a rep faction all the way back to the release of Zul’Gurub…so they avoid the “where the heck did the devis pull those things from???” complaints.

I mean, In Shadow of the Sun, Lor’themar is forced to let the Sunreavers exist because Sylvanas forces him too…

But they talk about how they were going to join Dalaran anyways. They were going to lose Elves to Dalaran, so he had to ok it.

1 Like