High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Source? Just asking because it would be easier to remove factions and allow people to go into a warmode like stance ( or rebel like stance ) that makes all current factions hostile than it would be to selectively remove the barriers. I am not saying I like the idea, but thats what being a grown is about: accepting something may happen even if it sucks.

given a larger group ok i understand what you mean now. you meant the list of elves u can visit has grown? whats that gotta do with anything period? just because a list was expanded of elves u can fit in game doesnt mean lorewise the #s changed. thats your headcannon.

The original position of the devs was there wasnt a large enough population of High Elves to be playable. This changed with the addition of the Silver Covenant. Void Elves have no where near the population of High Elves as you can see on that list of just the Silver Covenant. The population debate is over with based on that alone. Mag’har orcs had zero population until the AU granted them more numbers. Blizzard can create numbers with lore when they need it.

2 Likes

For the most part no one here is saying their ranks have grown in any way shape or form

Just that with the pop hurdle being removed by void elves, it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

No it did NOT change. there is no dev source saying that lol. Link someone saying it if im wrong.

the silver covenant is aligned with dalaran and the kirin tor, not the alliance in stormwind. dalaran is not alliance territory. if the SC were alliance development wouldnt say this

2 Likes

Lets not forget the soft retcon of most of Dalaran Surviving except for a few troops that stayed behind. Making there potentially thousands of High Elves.

1 Like

They’ve gone back and updated NPC’s

I made an aimbot using non-euclidean angles in a touchpad game. Your HTMLX education in intro to comp is not comparable. :man_shrugging:

The rest of your post is just ignorance from a novice programmer, and won’t be taken seriously by anyone. I bet you still believe WoW uses bunnies for the spell system too?

1 Like

The dev source is the game. Did you ever play vanilla? If you did you could probably count on one hand the amount of High Elves in game. This changed with WotLK. It doesnt take someone saying something when its clearly in game. Are you rejecting the notion that Silver Covenant didnt increase the numbers of High Elves?

Yo, as asked before, why do the High Elves have to be represented in the Alliance for them to be added as an AR when no other AR has had this requirement?

1 Like

if there is one thing that disqualifies something from becoming an AR, it is already being playable

blood elves are literally horde high elves, what you want is alliance high elves, an exact duplicate of a horde race

this is pure headcannon. numbers dont matter until they do? and he has a dev soruce and you dont.

So you think when they changed the male BE’s duck lips they had to manually edit every single model instead of it just loading that way after restart.

Got it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

WoW models come from a Database and you can change the NPC model to a different one and it loads that way.

You don’t have to manually change every dang model just because you make a fix or a change.

2 Likes

High Elves are playable? Dang I guess this thread is for nothing then.

Blood Elves are literally Horde Thalassian Elves. What we want are High Elves playable on Alliance. They are no longer the same group of people or else they wouldnt be fighting each other.

Haha how is actual representation in game headcanon? Its
in game. A dev also said Void Elves are a crack squad. Which in reality is like 10 people but for the benefit of doubt I say around 60. There are more High Elves you can see IN GAME than Void Elves.

3 Likes

reality is you have no hard#s you are just guessing and claiming its a dev source. im sick of your reasoning. its faulty.

How about this. Ill go in game and count every Void Elf NPC. Then ill go and count every High Elf NPC. These are the in game numbers given to us by Blizzard yes? If in game numbers dont matter then we can say theres more Void Elves than Humans because the devs havent said so.

1 Like

Logically he can, because it means they simply drew from an already existing pool according to lore.

A model change =/= model edit.

I can understand why you would get the two confused given your lack of knowledge on the subject. Do continue though, it is very clear your understanding is lacking.

I bet when you code, you wonder why your models look like crumpled balls.
The database only says “This is what I want”, it doesn’t do anything about it besides loading it. Idle animations, etc etc, all work differently when they are designed with that model in mind. You need to check your scripts and make sure they work accordingly.

It is not a simple issue of put A with A’.

2 Likes

exactly without a dev statement or a birth explosions alkl they did was draw from existing sources.

No.
Unless you want to believe that the number of zandalari is infinite because of the number killed every WQ.
in game representation is not always accurate.

Which obviously means theres more that would allow them to be playable. Population is something Blizzard can play around with to their own means. They dont give hard numbers because of situations like these.

Lol correct. Exactly why High Elves are a potential AR.

1 Like

Murlocs would be so doomed if it wasn’t for heuristic representation. Can you imagine how many have been killed by players since WoWs release?