High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

When they alter a model it loads that way.

So if they replaced the old files with the new ones they wouldn’t have to manually change anything.

And for some reason I deleted my post instead of editing, I’m tired.

1 Like

replace the . with -. dont make me do your work for you. i very well might not find it or misinterperet what you actually mean.

Wait, you cant google Silver Covenant?

1 Like

the problem is, that what you want, high elves to be modified into something that doesnt look like a blood elf so they can be made into an AR is impossible. they are horde high elves, they are the exact same people. what you want is playable alliance high elves. well why not horde humans too then? blizzard has drawn the faction line, void elves were as far as they were willing to blur it

1 Like

Exactly my point, they’re not going to change high elves in a skin deep fashion, then leave something confusing in place.

That is NOT how programming works dude. It isn’t a simple copy and paste.

1 Like

Why is it impossible? High Elves are not part of the Horde. They are no longer the exact same people. Notice the eyes? What we want is to play the untainted High Elves that have long been living among the Alliance races. Im down for Horde Humans, it makes sense at this point. Void Elves are Blood Elves. Thats a heck of a blur.

2 Likes

why would reading about the silver covenant explain your position? How does the SC give them a bigger group . was their a population explosion? is that what i’ll find?

I like dwarves, sorry. Still waiting for Wildhammer and Frostborn. To be perfectly honest though, blizzard hasnt been this low on subs since before the end of vanilla. You really think they arent going to pull this announcement out near blizzcon while they have a ton of folks fresh back who are already a little skittish about retail?
Ok. To each their own. When it comes to money though, acti bliz will take money over belf player feelings every time.

2 Likes

If they announce high elves then, ill personally pay for any heirlooms you need for a singular class set.

2 Likes

Replacing old model files with new ones makes NPCs load as that model.

1 Like

Are you just dense or not understanding of changes in lore? Before WotLK, High Elves didnt have much of a population. Literally the here or there Elf. With WotLK, they introduced a large group of Elves out of no where. You can see this in game. Idk why you need to read about it to see it.

3 Likes

Are you serious, do you really need me to tell you it was part of a rhetorical question? Are you deliberately misquoting me to set up a nonsensical ‘gotchya’ ?

…or for more context:

You have horde humans, they are just dead. Also, blizzard may very well be headed away from the faction model or at least may be a more fluid version.

2 Likes

i can see a group of void elves too but that doesnt give me their numbers not unless it states so change anything. you are just trying to use a general wave of the hand to dispute him when what you need is someone a dev saying that lore wise the #s were bigger. all the sc will tell me is about that particular group of elves. so post exactly what you mean with a link or quote. Cus as i said now im gonna misunderstand you. Are you unwilling to defend?

Thanks, but no. Once again, I am holding out for dwarves. I personally feel that their are already enough elves in the game. That is just my point though. Blizzard doesnt care about our feelings, they care about successfully running their business. I have a marketing degree and 18 years of experience and if I could figure out that this is an optimum time to bring out high elves then I am fairly sure Blizzard did as well.

Have you ever programmed?
It isn’t a simple copy and paste. Back in 6.1, a number of animations broke with the blood elf models that they had put in, which required a hotfix to repair.
Even then, there was still several bugs that occurred in the older zones involving older NPC’s.
It isn’t a simple copy and paste.
This is why whenever they release a new expansion, or release something large visually a number of things break even when they do not seem related. Your view is an ignorant one lacking in experience.

The game is old, things break when you think they shouldn’t.
NPC’s also do not always use the same model.
Leaders have their own unique appearances and faces.
NPC’s have their own unique faces such as blood elf NPC’s with blue eyes using the same face as high elf NPC’s with blue eyes, but PC’s not having a face with blue eyes.

1 Like

that doesnt mean orcs will be walking the streets of stormwind. the most that will happen is cross faction grouping for certain content

the forsaken fulfill the zombie trope, they are undead. they are as different as void elves and high/blood elves

wow-gamepedia-com/Silver_Covenant

Here you go. You can go ahead and count the list of Npcs there. Its quite a lot more than the few in vanilla. Highvale also has a group of Elves. Surely you have seen changes in High Elf population since vanilla yeah? Not sure why seeing the changes in text makes it any different.

Also, population doesnt matter. Void Elves number is probably around 60? How is that playable?

2 Likes

I fail to see how this is relevant. Blizzard has not gone and touched up old zones and npcs to match the present- with the exception of old zones and npcs being reused.

A new armor and hair kit will work with only new zones and npcs with the high elves involvement.

I can tell you haven’t.

The game loads the NPC list based off of the database.

If If an NPC used High Elf Model_01 and it was replaced with High Elf Model_01New it would load High Elf Model_01new.

You really think when they rework or add new NPC models they have to go back and manually change every single model instead of it just loading from the Database? Really?

You think when they edited the male BEs duck lips they had to manually apply that to every model?

4 Likes