High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

dailies hub. :sunglasses:

skipping pandaria? hehe
isle of thunder says hi

i didnt go to isle of thunder, its just sunreavers fighting jainas kirin tor anyway. im looking for them during the questing experience

and veressa and sc. its part of the original questing experience

3 Likes

Honestly, I think we’ll get high elves. Even if blizzard wants to troll high elf fans they have to know how that would go.

I don’t know how many will leave if they aren’t added, but if they directly flip us the bird again, who knows?

4 Likes

This.

I would expect that the number of people who would legitimately not purchase the next expansion if High Elves aren’t present to be extremely, extremely low; but, as you say, I’d expect that if Blizzard ever attempts something akin to Void Elves they have to actually nail it on the head – because if they adjust their physical appearance (as they did with Void Elves) and botch their story (as they did with Void Elves), it will just illustrate they’re not listening to feedback at all and that certainly drives people away. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

People are already crying out to Blizzard to give the Alliance a friggin bone. Playable High Elves will help ease what other threads on the forums are discussing. Like Murgatroyd said though, it needs to have actual lore to support it and not just implement them. This would separate the High Elves from the flaws of Void Elves and get people on Blizzards side a little more. Its not going to make or break and xpac, but it will certainly help public opinion of it. They want to know Blizzard is listening.

8 Likes

If there hasn’t been any news on it by the time blizzcon is over, I’ll likely just be gone for a while. If they kill them all off, turn them all into void elves, or as some antis have suggested give them to the horde, I’ll be gone for good. I doubt I’d touch another blizzard game at all.

Alliance ARs have been really disappointing and those things would just be another middle finger.

8 Likes

“The Void Elves were a case where we didn’t want the Allied Races to be something you were always familiar with before. We wanted to introduce new ideas, and new opportunities,” Danuser says. With Alleria Windrunner’s story being an internal success on Argus, the team saw it as the opportunity for a new twist on elves.

void elves werent ‘botched.’ they are also the most popular AR by a mile

void elves are new, their story will continue to be developed when they feel like getting to it

they could have given you void humans but specifically chose a thalassian elf, which actually proves they were listening to feed back and reconciled that with where the story was going. what almost certainly wasnt going to happen, was them giving an exact identical race to the other faction

1 Like

Noping my undead butt right on out the door

Uhm no, they most certainly did not listen to feedback.

2 Likes

The fact that they didn’t give us Void Gnomes or Humans is clear proof that Bliizard has been listening to our feedback for regular, Alliance High Elves.

1 Like

they did, just not YOUR feedback

1 Like

Excellent listening skills.

We say “We want high elves because we enjoy their story” and they hear “We want thalassian elves, any thalassian elves will do”.

Kinda like how we have this thread full of ideas of how to differentiate high elves from blood elves visually and all some antis interpret it as “tHEy wAnT cOPy PasTE of OuR ElVES!”

4 Likes

the Introduction of playable alliance high elves as an AR is impossible considering that there is a PLAYABLE FACTION representing well over 90% of the living high elf population :woman_technologist:

Or they aren’t dumb and weighed the benefits and cons. rehashing a well loved race into it’s visual identical on the opposite side not being the right move. I mean Devs try their best to listen to players, just you aren’t gonna please everyone.

You’re still confusing Blood Elves with High Elves. Blood Elves represent 100% of the Blood Elf population.

High Elves are the remainder of untainted Elves that didnt go with the Horde and are currently unplayable. Therefor High Elves as an AR is possible considering they arent represented as a playable group yet.

6 Likes

All of the High Elves, Blood Elf or otherwise should be “untainted”. There are high elves that still visit the sunwell. So theoretically they all should be getting gold eyes. I imagine there are some that are hold outs but that splits it even more.

Also blood elves represent about 90% if not more of the High Elf population. They are different in name ONLY.

1. The way the person/people who create something feel about their creation, is almost completely unrelated to how the audience for that creation feels about it. :man_shrugging:
  2. It’s awesome that Alleria’s storyline on Argus was internally well-received, now if only the Void Elves storyline was at all related to Alleria – beyond her just showing up and saying, “let’s join the Alliance, blue-boys!”.
6 Likes

Blood Elves were effected by fel energies. Now they are effected by Light energy. High Elves do not share this as they havent been around that power long enough.