High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Nightborne are Night Elves who lived under a shield for the past few thousand years. Their model is modified from the Night Elf model, which is pretty obvious if you see the two together. They have slightly different skin colours, their ears go the other way, and they have new animations. Heck, their character create animation was glitched to just be the NElf one for a few patches.

I do not see how this is relevant to changing animations back to how they were in Vanilla? Why, you can go into Classic and see the model and animations I’m talking about!

7 Likes

I guess that means Kul Tirans love fries and sugary food, whereas Stormwindian Humans spend all day long in the gym.

2 Likes

Theres a reason their model was updated with blood elves

Well isnt that the point of playing one race over another? Isnt that the point of allied races taking a different form of racial identity?

If we really wanted to cry about how uniqueness shouldnt be a thing, then this whole game should be stick figures.

But they offer different customizations that arent offered with their parent race. If your case was correct, dark irons wouldnt be how they are. Void elves wouldnt look as starkly different.

Because they are sub races.

And given Kul Tirans looked identical to any other human until this expansion, they can change it back as a cheeky reference to those old days and for consistency given the fact there were only 3 BElf NPCs of any note during Vanilla, so it’ll just affect the High Elves who’ve hung around since then

7 Likes

Kul tirans are variants on the same faction

And these hypothetical High Elves are variations of Night Elves, per their animations and their model being based on it back then. So the same faction as well!

1 Like

So if faction is irrelevant, then why all the fuss?

…and I PERSDONALLY don’t think any elves at all should be Horde but here we are.

1 Like

Look who’s talking.
At least you admit its a personal bias so I will only say,
If you can’t take it, don’t dish it out’.

alf

you remind me of a female barbarian. did you know everquest had barbarians as a playable race and you started off life in a scottish kilt? hehe

maybe you should ask for barbarians as an AR. could use upright orc or troll skeleton with a different head. orc would work better as they have the bigger muscles

1 Like

Blizzard has taken the first step towards that, by giving a ‘batbatian’ hairstyles to Human males.
As for other venues, I’ve EQ’d from time to time; thank you for the suggestions tho’.
Skäl!
:beer:

1 Like

hair ideas for alliance high elves

females

• short and straight
  • super long and straight (longer than nelves)
  • short and curly
  • super long and curly (wrathion curly)

males

• short and spiky
  • long and straight (longer than nelves)
  • mid back and straight
  • mid back and curly (longer than wrathions)

variables

• 1 or 2 braids as options for both genders
  • circlet with gem in front for both genders

hair colors for alliance high elves

• platinum blonde
  • auburn
  • brunette
  • black
  • white
  • light teal

for example. i say light teal for frostfencer seraphi

6 Likes

I do very much look forward to the day that High Elves are released as an Allied Race (Or something to that effect if it ends up being a feature in another expac) and hope that Ogres are introduced alongside them! It will be a glorious day indeed.

Also those hair ideas sound decent enough to me! It’s certainly something to consider for the kinds of hairstyles a High Elf could use!

11 Likes

If alliance were to get high elves, i think the horde counterpart that would work well would be Eredar.

10 Likes

I want lots of braid options. I also want more eye color options other than blue.

1 Like

Ooo I like this. Im up for Horde receiving something Alliance has since people are worried about the factions lines. I said Human since there is interaction with them but this would be another good idea.

Again. Im up for most of the suggested ARs people are putting out. ARs offer a new way for Blizzard to get us content. Its also easier on them since they dont have to create a massive start zone for them.

1 Like

i think horde should get ogres or san’layn. those are the top two most requested. followed by vulpera and moknathal.

True enough. Theres lots of options they have for ARs.

Man’ari Eredar? Hmm, maybe! I’m more hoping for Ogres myself but, there’s plenty of other races Blizz could also turn into an AR for the Horde. If not Ogres or Man’ari Eredar, it could be anything else!

1 Like