High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Wrathion is wrathion. A super special lore character

you’re right but so am i. i’m right because you were assuming human skin tones are only caucasian, which apparently deserved your disdain cause its the 5th time of human caucasian skin color (which its not since elves and gnomes dont have the full spectrum of human skin tones and dwarves have variants). and you’re right because you didnt actually say thats why we want them. so for that i apologize.

1 Like

aye and we want his skin color as an option and his lovely curly hair

1 Like

No, I was stating the demonstrably true fact that high elves are universally of a causcasian skin tone.

Like four other races with similar physical builds on your faction.

After you complained about two similar races with vaguely similar skintones.

I won’t be replying to you anymore, I think you know you’re wrong.

i outlined human skin tones though, not high elf or blood elf or gnome or dwarf. humans have alot of skin colors. we’re trying to come up with an alternative to the blood elf model. examples like human skin colors, ranging from caucasian to black. a couple curly hair styles. for example. they would look pretty different i think. because thus far, elves dont have curly hair in wow. at least not till that new wrathion model

Blood elves would also need access to these new skintones. Otherwise the implications are the blood elves exiled all the elves with dark skin tones :female_detective:

yikes you’re right. bad idea. or good idea if you dont use curly hair? and then if humans get a curly style, could be a fashion thing, a cultural norm amongst humans the alliance high elves have adopted

ion described alliance high elves as assimilated. elisande calls them diluted. i’m thinking this would be an example of how they’ve been assimilated into human culture.

1 Like

Hyper do you really believe hair style is enough to differentiate them from their race :woman_health_worker:

not by itself, no. would need different idle stances. some of the animations would need to be tweaked.

They dont need to differentiate anyway, so dont worry about it. Thats just a player made hoop to jump through. My advice is to just talk about updates that would be cool if they were implemented. If you like curly hair then that is feedback and thats all that matters.

5 Likes

really? that was a pet peeve of ion’s. do you like wrathion’s new model?

I dont care for it, no.

Except…you know…every example of allied races has been given some unique differentiation or facet that seperates them from their parent race.

Isnt that the point of the blue eyes? Unless you do not think, they need those either.

The only way alliance got access to the thalassian elf model was making them into something that no longer resembled a high/blood elf. The model had to be bombarded by void energies, sprout tentacles and have blue skin to cross the faction boundary :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

No, I dont think they do because we have Pandaren. The game works just fine.

However, I do think High Elves deserve some updates and cool touches (including their signature blue eyes of course), which would then make them like any allied race that looks slightly different than the parent. Happy accident.

3 Likes

Pandaren arent an allied race though, they are a neutral race. Are you arguing for thalassian elves to be a neutral race?

1 Like

Or we could give it a different animation set, as that worked for the Horde getting a modified NElf model

Like the NElf animation set, even!

6 Likes

No, I am stating that players put too much into this idea that everything has to be “unique” to whatever point they think it does when the game does just fine when a race isnt, and several allied races arent even that unique to begin with. If I cover up most of them in an armor set you cant tell the difference.

3 Likes

According to Tenaron Stormgrip in Aldrassil, the water of the moonwell is brought from the Well of Eternity.

2 Likes

Nightborne are wows version of dark/drow elves that are addicted to magic. A trait they share with blood/high elves. Their altered model made sense. Night elves are druidic elves who worship elune. They have different themes and aesthetics

High/blood elves are the exact same people that have lived together for over 7000 years. They share the exact same themes and aesthetics, light skinned and majestic elves with a mana addiction