High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

What about the high elves of qul’lathil who admitted to mana tapping items to sate their addiction?

The helves of where?

Dude, if you can’t get the name of the place right, at least use the zone name.

1 Like

The ones that gave in to addiction and became wretched?

That’s what happened to them.

5 Likes

I mean that’s the fear they have constantly presented, as if the BE playerbase is hostage to the horde and would jump ship the moment they were able to.

1 Like

Where’s that so-called admission?
All we know is that they found an artifact of “seductive power” that turned them into wretched. There’s nowhere saying they were mana-tapping it, and we have other similar case in which a cursed artifact (Crystal of Zin-malor) turned elves into wretched without them tapping it.

8 Likes

Quel’lithien

My mistake for not having every single oddly named place known by

heart.

The quel’lithien high elves admitted to mana tapping to sate their addiction in Shadows of the Sun.
Let alone that I am very sure it was also noted in blood of the highborne that crystals were used by all thalassian elves at one point or another to sate their addiction, and that eventually they would use up the power of whatever artifact was around them after absorption.

If they were sated by such a thing, why would the blood elves have continued looking for a cure if simply being around a few artifacts was enough and everlasting?
Given they didn’t learn mana tap until Rommath came back, all blood elves were pulling a high elf. So clearly, it was no long term and eventually they needed to find another source.

So, Captain Fareeya? What’s wrong with Turalyon leading them anyhow? He’s clearly proven his worth.

they did do the same thing. they didn’t tap the fel crystals powering silvermoon. they received passive help from their presence.

1 Like

Fareeya is a pretty no-name character, especially compared to the likes of Yrel. Personally I’d rather have Yrel, than see the devs try to develop Fareeya.

Turalyon is a human. Let humans lead humans, and Draenei lead Draenei.

Yrel is a nobody that Maraad and AU Velen died for. Just so she could stand there when Grommash went “Draenor is free!”

That goes against the very structure of both the Horde and Alliance. Fareeya is the leader of the Lightforged Draenei, Turalyon is the commander of the Army of the Light.

She’s more of a somebody than Fareeya is. Yrel had an entire expansion to develop, and she’s doing something actually interesting in the AU right now.

No, they didn’t.
Find me the quote that proves me wrong.

2 Likes

You mean, develop into a nobody in WoW’s worst expansion? Her character is worse than nothing.

She’s also just turning into the Lightforged’s main Lector. It’s hardly unique.

Yes they did.

“I have not needed… help… to cope.” Priestess Aurora.

Furthermore the wretched state is due to the over use of mana tapping, which is what occurred with the high elf people. Where an elf over indulges in arcane addiction.

How you got mana tap out of that is beyond me.

7 Likes

The high elves of quel’lithien lodge were those exiled because they disagreed with mana tapping living creatures. They did not have issues with mana tapping non-living things as indicated in the storyline. They were amongst the blood elves who were taught by Rommath to mana tap.

Wild and baseless speculation there.

1 Like

You’re doing this thing again where, you don’t like something, and you claim it as speculation even though it has been detailed everywhere.

You’re literally disagreeing with something that is in the very book I cited. So…what the deuce dude?

2 Likes

Wild and baseless speculation is all they have lmao

2 Likes

Five years we rot here, thrown out of our homes at your behest because we refuse to suck magic from living things like vampires." Renthar began to rise from his seat, leaning across the table, truly shaking with rage. “And now you want to offer aid? After all we have been through, you come now? After what the Horde did to us in the name of that bastard human who called himself ranger? How blind do you think I am, Lor’themar? I should kill you. I should kill you and send Sylvanas your head!”

The entire schism wasn’t the mana tapping it was WHAT they were mana tapping. For you guys to be like “its baseless speculation” literally ignores the reason for the high elf exiles for existing.
Like…dude…