High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

What does she think is happening to the vessels when the high elves collect them? The Vessels are drained by the High elves, which is why they require you, the player, to collect more for them. They are not constantly emitting magic or else they would have all burnt out before anyone collected them. The encyclopedia didn’t say “siphon” or “mana tap” simply drain. Which was exactly what the Allerian High elves were doing with the vessels.

1 Like

Source: None.

1 Like

Okay then, tell me, why do they need the player to go out and collect more? If these Vessels are not being drained, what is happening to them?

they want them to add decor to their hut

Because there’s many elves around the world, we need to collect enough vessels for them.

Or what? Do you expect a single vessel to help some 100 elves?

The key world there is “draining”. That’s the action being done. High elves didn’t “drain” anything.

2 Likes

You didn’t answer my question, what do you think the elves are doing with these vessels?

Being in their presence to help ameliorate the symptons, like the Encyclopedia explains.

That is not draining.

This is draining:

8 Likes

Amid the ruins of Tuurem are a number of vessels containing raw, magical energy. We are fortunate that the Broken who have overrun the city are ignorant to the resource in their midst, but we cannot assume they will remain so forever.

With those vessels and their power in hand, the scattered survivors of my people can resist the lure of demonic magic. Every quel’dorei we can save from our prince’s folly is one more that can help us regain our lost glory. Bring me these vessels, class.

Says nothing about draining them, just that they are being used to try and help others resist fel magic.

9 Likes

If the crystals are helping ameliorate their symptoms, (like patches, an analogy you made by the way) then the magic from the vessel is being absorbed into their bodies. (like a patch) These Vessels do not contain endless magic, as it says that it full of “charged” crystals, so once they’re spent they’re spent. You don’t throw on a patch and wear it until you finally don’t feel the urge to smoke, you change it often unless you have magical patch with endless nicotine in it.

You are “draining” the patch of it’s nicotine into your body, much like the High elves here are “draining” the crystals into their bodies.

But the passive absorption is obviously way less aggressive, and those vessels will endure for a long time, probably years.

Draining would empty them in an instant, or, under best conditions, after a few uses.

1 Like

they resist the lure of demonic magic by feeding off the pure magical energy in the ‘vessels’… :cold_face:

if it was as easy as this the blood elves would have done the same thing. they could have just kept a mana wyrm pet in a cage and been in ‘its presence’

If your argument is that these small vessels can have enough magic to sate elves for years, I’m going to have to disagree as there’s absolutely nothing that supports or even suggests this.

Well, you certainly don’t take your own advice do you.

Draining:

1. cause the water or other liquid in (something) to run out, leaving it empty, dry, or drier.

2. deprive of strength or vitality.

Also draining:

That’s why I used “probably”, it was an educated guess. But even if it’s just days, it’s still more than an instant.

1 Like

And if the vessel’s charged crystals are being absorbed by the High elves, guess what? their “vitality” and “Strength” is being deprived/drained.

It’s terribly amusing to me that you would use an analogy like nicotine patches, where the idea is to literally drain the patch of nicotine before replacing it with another, but then sit here and try to argue that the High elves aren’t doing the same, despite you being the one to originally draw the parallel.

It sounds like you’re stawmanning at this point.

The only one strawmaning here is you. You are directly denying what’s obvious, because it doesn’t serve your agenda.

The encyclopedia is pretty clear about high elves not draining magic sources AND using magic objects to ameliorate the symptons. You are essentially ignoring that data because otherwise you’d have to admit you have no point.

10 Likes

No, it’s you that can’t even stick by your own analogy when it suddenly doesn’t suit YOUR agenda in the conversation. Suddenly they’re not like nicotine patches like you originally suggested? Funny that the distinction only occurs when it suits your stance in the conversation.

It’s YOU that’s trying to twist the word “Drain” to mean what you personally would like it to mean, despite the fact that it did not mention siphoning, or mana-tapping at all in that entry. There are more ways to feed or drain magical objects than siphoning, this is evident by the fate of the Quel’lithien elves which YOU refuse to acknowledge. Quel’lithien elves whom never learned how to siphon magic were still overcame with the need for it and drained a magical artifact of magic that turned them wretched.

1 Like

Lol, I took the meaning from a dictionary! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
So, “draining” does not mean what it’s in the dictionary because it does not suit you? How arrogant is that?

9 Likes

Playable High Elves wont dent the population. How did you come to that conclusion?

1 Like

And the meaning applied to what the high elves were doing to the vessels too :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

YOU’RE the one that is denying the definition applies to the high elves as well, despite it perfectly describing what they’re using the crystals for. How arrogant is that.

For the AU Draenei? If the Horde went back for more Orcs, why shouldn’t the Alliance go back for more Draenei? Bring Yrel over, I say. The Lightforged Draenei need a proper leader who ISN’T a human.

Opinions.