High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

See what I mean?

8 Likes

And I’m sure we’ll hear about how:

Nightborne and Night Elves are complete unrelated species because the former drank too much arcwine over 10k years, even though such a time-lapse is meaningless bearing in mind elves’ longevity, probably 30-50 Human years.

Pandaren were specifically made neutral, as if this argument somehow invalidated that different factions of a same race can join either the Alliance or the Horde. And be playable.

But yeah, that’s ok.

4 Likes
  • and the amount of time matters (au maghar)
  • and we cant change them enough or they wont look different (void elves)
  • and they own the thalassian model and should get to say what happens to it (void elves)
  • and there are too many elves (san’layn requests)
  • and they should also get alleria tats (alleria is alliance high elf)
  • and they should also get high elf blue eyes (agreed)
    etc
2 Likes

Once you mix black and white you get grey, and then you can never ever get back black or white ever again. Only elves who didn’t use whatever magic/sources that turned their eyes green and changed them (because sorry, I don’t buy that eyes change color and nothing else changed, not that it matters) have eye colors besides gold or green. I don’t think it will ever go away.

1 Like

so far i’ve heard that high elves should be genocided to end this request, that they should be turned void (i’d agree to this if after they turned void they were given alleria customizations), and that they should be given to the horde.

1 Like

Now that Blizzard can use the Kul Tiran rig for Ogres, I’d be pretty surprised if both of them aren’t announced sometime soon. And if they are, it’ll probably be together.

1 Like

dang i hope you’re right. though if history is any indicator, they’ll have horde ogres and we’ll get something nobody asked for. i gotta admit, the devs are a perplexing group. thats why i say they need to take off their dev caps for a second and readjust them: both factions should be fun to play. if alliance is boring, fix it. you’re the devs not us. lol we cant fix it. we can only tell you what we think is fun (dont you find it odd that they are surprised we want thalassians on the alliance when they’re already a super popular option? it’s a no-brainer, honestly)

1 Like

maybe an aqua? like a hazel? cause the ley lines are arcane . i dunno if anyone knows, but were the leylines in crystalsong forest as strong as those in quel’thalas? cause that’s arcane also.

ut oh here comes mr. i hate elves.

They’re hardly friends of the Alliance either.

Why would she go back to AU Draenor? Why even bother?

Your taste is bad then. You’d take Blood Elves, with only literal diffrences being that they’re blue-eyed, thought mana-vampirism wasn’t cool, and that blue was cool.

The Saberon are not fierce or interesting. They’re a race of furred vermin, as is befitting cats. They have no culture, no civilization, they crap in their own bedding areas. We even have an entire faction dedicated to murdering them.

The Sethrak have a wonderful Egyptian/Arabian theme with their culture and design, and are pleasantly similar to the Draenei. The Ankoan are also cool as hell, despite some of the serial counter-culturalists on this board calling them edgy.

Also, fish don’t reek. They only start to smell if they’ve been dead, and are starting to rot. Otherwise they just smell like sea-salt, and lightly of oil.

i love egyptian themed stuff. i have several chars named after ancient egyptian things and a guild i made called pharaohs. but if you think elf-dragon combos are weird, its really weird to have snakes that can talk, cause that means somebody tinkered them some vocals cords and a cerebrum their less developed kin dont possess.

They are weird, and sound like an awful idea for a race.

1 Like

dragonkin races are quite normal in rpgs. sethrak are unique in that regard. they are the stranger option. its not bad that they are odd. it’s just weirder. i mean you realize thats what you’re arguing. you think one reptilian is weird and not good, but the other reptilian is not weird and is good.

All the more reason to be away with them. I don’t need that awfulness to creep it’s way in from DnD.

All the more reason to add them.

One’s a natural, emergent species. The other is a half-breed testament to the failures of biology in fictional writing.

how is it one type of reptile is better than another type of reptile? lol make sense please. a talking snake is a half breed. someone mixed a snake with a talking sentient being.

Snake /=/ Pterodactyl. Reptile is a class of animal, under the vertebrate phylum. Aside from some basic traits inhereted by a distant ancestor. They share little in common.

So yes, one type of reptile can be better than another because fundamentally they are not the same. And Dragons are awful.

Humans are just an ape mixed with a sentient being.

eggs come to mind. windserpents in wow are half snake, half dragon. dragonhawk mounts in wow are half dragon half hawk. looks like some serpent in there too. anyway, this isnt about high elves. i just find your position on the subject inconsistent and illogical. sethrak are cool enough but they are weirder than a more humanoid looking combo

Now, hear me out here: Tyrande’s rather pissed off at the moment. She wasn’t really involved with the whole Draenor thing as that was mostly the Wardens. So she gets a report of some odd Ancients in Ashenvale and finds these tree people who hold a seething hatred for the Horde for driving them to near extinction.

Her option is going to be less ‘oh no it is the horrible plant people who would have consumed Draenor in giant trees and tried to take over Stormwind in that one dungeon’ and going to be far more ‘Oh, hello there my new very best friends. Would you like to discuss how we are going to end the Horde? Making zombies out of orcs? Oh, you are a charmer you, aren’t you?’

Saberon I"m eh on but Botani wouldn’t take much to get over to the Alliance

1 Like

A reptile that looks more human is weird and disturbing, because it’s uncanny valley territory. The Sethrak have weighted heads and tails that makes them LOOK like snakes, despite their humanoid body.

Then you misunderstand Nelf lore and druidism. The Nelves and druids are all about harmony in nature, and preserving the balance.

The Botani? The botani don’t like that, they don’t like that at all. They’re all about exterminating fleshlings so the Sporemounds can take over the world again.

The Nelf response would be to burn them before they choke all good life from Ashenvale.