High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

The thing with half elves is theres literally only 4 in lore. I know blizz can write new lore and all, but even void elves started with a bigger group than that. It just feels like elves hve issues reproducing in general. Its always seemed like their numbers are smaller than the other races.

2 Likes

Nothing has changed culturally in quel’thalas in over 7000 years. The amount of time they have been separated is about a day in their life time. At best you could say they dont mind mixing with humans. But then, the sunreavers were always the most forward thinking of their people. Including kael’thas who fell in love with jaina. They still consider quel’thalas home. Its a boisterous claim youve made, with no examples to cite i might add, which i am used to by now from the pro side

2 Likes

So life and world outlook has not changed since the scourge invaded Quel’thalas.

The blood elves forsaken the name high elves.

They no long recognize a king or have tried to reinstate a monarchy.

They have abandoned any of their sympathies with the alliance, and made themselves staunch allies with the horde.

They are now willing to take part in mass murder when previously hated evil things.-this according wow pedia.

They had no issue of syphoning magic from living creatures?

No culture or life style change at all.

9 Likes

You are referring to minor things, some have even been resolved. Changing the adjective was to honor the fallen and everything they lost(king,sunwell,silvermoon,their people). The only thing that has changed is their isolationism. Which arthas literally beat out of them. They know they need allies now. Thats about it

1 Like

Ive said it many times. Blood Elves are the little punk rock kids you see at hot topic (or kids like that when I was a kid anyway) rebelling against their parents or whatever and thats what they had to do to become a horde race back in BC. High Elves are their contrast.

4 Likes

Its the other way around. Using the term ‘high elf’ in modern times is just a way to show political dissent

I don’t really see them like that. Belves aren’t as wholesome or nice as High Elves are, but they have a few reasons to be like that. Lor’themar is a very good man/leader. If he was Warchief, the war, Alliance and Horde would probably disappear in a week or two. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah. Beings that live for thousands of years radically change everything about their society in 15 years. Despite just being some disillusioned farstriders/magister.

Get with the program! Logic won’t stop the Helf train and their aversion to playing High Elves on the Horde.

1 Like

Since the blood elf NPCs actually disagree with you I guess theres nothing to talk about.

I never said it was a good thing or a bad thing. Its just how they were presented to us, and many players over the years saw through their act, but it is what it is.

7 Likes

They proved it when development told them high elves are already playable and they basically responded with ‘but we dont play horde’

There was even a thread a while back, where a fan asked for the high elf people to be reunited. Guess who showed up to say no, if it wasnt all about skin color they would have agreed as lorewise it would still be their ‘alliance aligned hign elves’ yet they reject it and never bring it up as a possibilty

Asking for a model to be modified from high/blood elves, would result in something less then a high elf and a void elf with light skin is still a void elf

1 Like

I stopped conversing to some of the antis because of things like this. Elements in game show the differences between Quel’ and Sin’dorei and they say we refuse to see things? Yeah i just get tired of repeating things. If they refuse to see whats going on in game we cant have an actual conversation about High Elves.

8 Likes

I’m 90% sure the only reason anti-Helfers are alright with Void Elves is because of their skin colour. Playable Void Elves on the Alliance butchers the lore like crazy, yet having playable High Elves on the alliance is far too crazy. I haven’t seen any of us asking for High Elves because of their beauty and looks.

4 Likes

Yes, and the only difference is politcal

Its the same silly tactics over and over, and no matter how many times someone points out evidence that contradicts said tactics they will just repeatedly come back with “youre wrong”.

But trying to lump high elves and blood elves together in desperation to covet whatever one is trying to covet just throws the blood elf story in the bin really.

9 Likes

Yeah, I am not on the Sethrak train myself.

And some people claim Jinyu and Ankoan are a hot alliance request, but all I think of when I see them is this.

Imgur

1 Like

While they do have a similar story to the Draenei they still culturally and historically are closer to the zandalari trolls, the horde also does a lot more for them compared to the alliance, so I’d say that they are heavily horde leaning currently.

2 Likes

No offense meant Celekolnir, but the only reason you wouldn’t have seen any examples of that in this thread is if you hadn’t actually read it. I’ll sift back through it if you like, but looks are a significant part of several people in this thread’s desire for playable High Elves.

And really, fair enough because just how many people play the game who genuinely don’t care about how their characters look?

1 Like

All I had to do was start working with my first Ankoan follower in Naz on my afflock to forever lose any desire I might have had to see them playable
because those voices

2 Likes

I haven’t really ever seen it asked. If that was the case, they’d probably be perfectly fine with normal skin options for Velves.

Could you reply to a comment to show me? It’d be pretty weird to see, ngl.

Part of why i don’t have flight yet, seriously obnoxious.

1 Like