High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Do you not have trust level 3?
That is a surprise

And, yet

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/highmountain-tauren
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/maghar-orc
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/lightforged-draenei

The same niche that Mag’har Orcs provide.

The same niche that Highmountain Tauren provide.

And an aesthetic built up from the image I linked is not currently seen through regular Blood Elves, High Elves, or Void Elves. You’re pretty good at making my points, you should write my next few responses.

:laughing:

Someone better let the Lightforged Draenei, and Mag’har Orcs know. :man_shrugging:

Not according to the three examples just posited above. I’m sorry about your luck, friend.

3 Likes

Lol, any pro helfer who had level 3 lost it quickly. I never had it shrug

3 Likes

i have it. no one has flag bombed me so far. crosses fingers

2 Likes

the images ending in .pnj wont show up on the forums. this one will tho

6 Likes

Stay safe and non-polemic, brother.

Oh, interesting! Ty Hyper!

2 Likes

High Elves have been the single most consistently discussed topic since flying. And it has been constant since BFA was announced. Please for the love of god just add High Elves in or allow Blood Elves to switch to the Alliance or something.

1 Like

just save it as .png then i can link it for ya

:smiley: https://i.imgur.com/eKp3ork.png

IDK why Tumblr uses the pnj format lol

1 Like

not sure why it starts off all stretched out

4 Likes

Tauren with antlers
Brown orc
Glowing yellow dranei.

Aesthetics not met by already existing race.

High elves look exactly the same as blood elves. So blood elves meet that aesthetic, and creating them for the alliance is redundant.

If its options not available aesthetically? It works if its different enough

If its different enought from darkspear then sure. Make sense

You mean the image of Alleria who is an NPC and is thus, going to have a unique model never to be replicated by the player?
You see this with ALL npc leaders, and blizzard does not allow you to replicate their looks in any capacity.
Humans can’t look like Anduin.
Blood elves can’t look like Lor’themar.

You can look very similar to Alleria, Vareesa, and Lor’themar as a blood elf though.

So it begins

They’re unique enough from standard dranei and orcs, unless you’re color blind in the green and blue.

You do realize you are making my point for me when you bring up examples that are aesthetically different from existing races.
Which high elves don’t, because they’re the same race as blood elves, which is why when models were updated, blizzard kept them the same look and appearances as playable blood elves. :man_shrugging:

I think dekkar has it

GET EM!

3 Likes

Dat cloth armor. If that was in game it totally sport it. Not on this toon because Scarlet reasons, but yeah. Looks great.

1 Like

what if hair is different? hair color and hair style. like wavy/curly hair such wrathion’s? wrathion is using a belf male model. he looks quite unique. what if they remove portions of belf idling animations, so when you’re just standing around, you dont look like a belf or velf for that matter.

So you didn’t read even the OP, saw any of the videos, skimmed even half way through the thread. Otherwise you would of seen “foundation”, hell, we have the whole damn building.

Seriously doubt you’ve ever been “Pro”, with such a shaky understanding of lore and closed mind on High Elves.

Oh well. One down. :partying_face:

So changing the aesthetics of the race, which is something people discuss in this thread for High Elves, its ok for them to be playable?

3 Likes

I actually went to Outlands just to get the blue leather armor. Wish I could get the shirt to make it complete.

All your armors make me think of High Elves that adapted their look to be of the Alliance. Almost plate looking with lots of rivets. Also, I cant unsee the Monarch’s emblem on the leather armor lol.

3 Likes

according to info about tbc, my face is same as belf. :sunglasses: i even have most of the same hairstyles as belf. :sunglasses: (minus tentacles of course)

As much as I want a bit different of a model, I think changing the aesthetics is the best path. Hair, tats, heritage armors, and their idles and such.

3 Likes

I dont see how they could get away with a new model though. The only thing I can think of is if they pulled the info from the RPG where they say the fel shortened the Blood Elves height so the High Elves were taller. Obviously theyd add in new idles like they did the Nightborne.

7 Likes

which is odd cause the fel elves in the sunwell plateau raid, are taller than a normal belf and they are full on fel based with deep red skin tones and fel green eyes nearly as bright as demon hunters. they have awesome gear though. love the gear.