High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

They dont even need glowing eyes… in fact seeing the iris is much better. But eye color isn’t everything.

The night warrior eyes are cool but not my thing. Felt like it was more of tyrande’s thing. But all these hero’s getting ridiculous upgrades all the time is getting old.

4 Likes

I’d like non glowing personally, though I am not opposed to some options with a glow.

4 Likes

You keep saying that word.
I don’ theenk it mean wha’ you theenk it mean.

3 Likes

Vikings lost to every enemy they did not outnumber severely.

It means no such thing, at least according to Blizzard. If you want to peddle the idea that every little change, across the entirety of the game, is equivalent to an ethnogenesis… well, don’t.

Save it for your blog.

Would you mind shooting me next weeks lottery numbers, since you’ve got all the answers?

7 Likes

I love the Blue highlights on the armor.

5 Likes

[quote=“Fyorsing-sargeras, post:9245, topic:182516”]
It means no such thing, at least according to Blizzard. If you want to peddle the idea that every little change, across the entirety of the game, is equivalent to an ethnogenesis… well, don’t.[/quote]

Except I haven’t, that is just an exaggeration on your part on my stance which is simply incorrect. I am working with the logic professed by those of your side.
If you change high elves to be different, void elves fill that.
If you want that aesthetic, then blood elves.
If you want the history? Void elves since their lore has them never working against the alliance.
If you want both? Clearly there is no taste for it by blizzard for the past 12 years, even after AR’s became a thing.

I don’t keep a blog, and you’re coming off unusually sharp.

25,35,12,34, 7, powerball number 24.
Sorry that I do not disagree with you, but if you find that so unappealing, mayhap you should take a break from things.

i enjoy how clean and professional your art is. have you tried curly/wavy hair yet? i only have access to an old version of paintshop pro that is notoriously difficult to do layers with so i never learned layers. i use the selection tool to make changes. i know layers make everything so much easier and neater. just never got the hang of it and now it’s really too late as i dont have the fine motor skills anymore.

6 Likes

The idea that you’re presenting is that Blizzard won’t ever implement more than a single variation on one of the core races, as a matter of policy.

This means no San’layn, there’s already “different Blood Elves”.
This means no Wildhammer Dwarves, there’s already “different Dwarves”.
This means no Taunka, there’s already “different Tauren”.
This means no Forest Trolls, there’s already “different Trolls”.

It’s a nonsense position, informed by nothing apart form your opinion of where the game should be heading aesthetically; and one which, frankly, Blizzard would never support.

13 Likes

i hope they use the worgen skeleton to make playable saberon for the horde. then can see cats and dogs pvping against each other haha. oh and we def need san’layn for werewolf vs. vampire.

they need to remember this is an rpg.

5 Likes

Crap man that looks so unique. Thats like the perfect style for heritage armor too. Have you thought about doing more with different kinds of armor. For like a caster or rogue?

7 Likes

Have you tried GIMP? Its free and feels like the minime of photoshop.

5 Likes

Nice artwork Talen. I agree that would be perfect heritage armor.

5 Likes

I think what he nailed is the undershirt. If you look at the SC in WotLK they all had a similar under shirt that you cant get. Like at the neck area.

5 Likes

If it already fulfills that fantasy, they won’t release it. That is something they have been candid on.

Blood elves don’t fill the undead elf niche which is not available to players.

I am not as familiar with wildhammer. What niche do they offer unavailable through regular or dark iron?

Taunka provide an aesthetic not seen through regular tauren.

Not familiar with forest trolls, what niche do they provide not available through current ones?

It isn’t, you’re simply ignorant on the matter. Whenever you design a game or create something, the intent is to make sure that each “race” you create is unique from the other. Redundancy is bad, and is a waste of development time.
If you have a single faction game such as TERA, you only have one of each race, even if there are different fringe groups.
If you have a two faction game as seen in games such as RIFT, WoW, you avoid redundancy in design because it reduces the unique flavor and aesthetics of that faction.

Even though their entire game design follows exactly what I stated. :man_shrugging:

That is just refusing to see what is there.
High elves don’t offer anything blood elves don’t offer already.

2 Likes

a waste of development time is adding a race that no one asked for (kul’tiran). why didnt they add vrykul that was asked for? whooo knows. if alliance high elves have diluted bloodlines, why didnt they give us half elves to depict that? whooooooo knows but it could’ve solved literally every problem on this topic. aesthetics, lore, the whole enchilada.

2 Likes

High Elves offer the chance to see the events of the world through the other group of Elves that didnt follow Kael’thas. The ones that didnt go to Outlands. What happened to their people after the fall of Quel’thalas. It offers players to see what these Elves have had to do while they saw their kin turn to the Horde. It offers a whole new aspect of view points for both Alliance and Horde. It would also offer a way to see what they do on Dalaran because we know they arent just sitting there twiddling their thumbs. Theres a lot this group of Elves can offer. The Elves of Highvale are another group that we can offer new lore. New history. What have been their hardships? With High Elves being added we can see what these Elves have to offer.

Or you can just refuse to see what is there.

10 Likes

I am mega-fred. You have angered me and I’ve gokooed from normal-fred. Don’t make me ultimate-z-barney.

Hey, it provides a unique appearance either way, though why they refused to go for Vrykul I do not know.

I agree with you. I would have been fine with half elves since it provides something new.

You see what they were doing that entire time, which was, staying in stormwind in support roles, or staying estranged from quel’thalas. The high elf story is one where they are literally just there doing nothing but living their own lives. It is why they were largely unnoticed until WotLK where the SC came out, and only because they served as opposition to sun reavers.

Mind you, this is why I try to stay within the context of either lore, or game design.

1 Like

Thank you very much! Maybe for the next one I’ll try it, but curls are so hard to render XD!

I use Clip Studio Paint, not sure if they have a trial option, but they do have sales often.

I have! this one is actually a proper render of some concepts I already shared, here are the ones for Leather and Cloth

Cloth: https://66.media.tumblr.com/6215dd3d515e1c8a77f4ca91342cedda/tumblr_pngpgb5mnF1smv67eo1_1280.pnj Inspired on the Guardians of the Argent Tournament

And leather https://i.imgur.com/njSgCMm.png which is mostly a slightly edited version of that armor most HE’s wear heh

:smiley:

Yes! That’s exactly the armor I based this design on

7 Likes