High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

@broflake when are you gonna get me that 430 weapon, my dude? XD

Look, I know what the issue isā€¦I wonā€™t share my cookies with you.
I know, I know, they are samoan, but I told you Kirela I donā€™t.share.samoans.

Iā€™ll carry you if you want I donā€™t mind

Lore gave a reason why Void Elves were the same race, until the future came knocking. Welcome to storytelling, not sure what to tell you. :man_shrugging:

There isnā€™t any theory about what I stated, it is objectively accurate to say that the BEā€™s have been in more individual situations wherein you can expect losses than the HEā€™s have.

In any case, yet again, itā€™s a population argument so not a single fudge is to be given. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Youā€™re not understanding, if the high elves change races and are no longer the same as blood elves, then they are no longer high elves.
We already have that in void elves.

Correlation is not causation. Just because they have been in more does not necessarily mean they have lost more proportionally.

So then Void Elves arenā€™t just another flavor of High Elves?

Itā€™s peculiar that youā€™re typically the one telling people that because Ion said it, itā€™s law ā€“ yet, here you are implying that Ionā€™s assertion that Blood Elves are a flavor of High Elf (and Void Elves are another flavor of High Elf) is demonstrably false. Iā€™d be interested in seeing which checklist you use to determine which of his statements are law and which are drivel. :man_shrugging:

Which is why I didnā€™t make any definitive statements about numbers, and merely made note of the fact that it is objectively true that BEā€™s have been involved in more conflicts overall than the HEā€™s (and, in at least four, they were decidedly the losers).

Also, this is my hourly reminder that the population disparity is entirely irrelevant to playability.

6 Likes

in what way does this relate to the argument I presented? I am puzzled why you are bringing up Ionā€™s statements when I have made no mention of the matter at all. It is just a red herring on a different matter itself.
As for whatever Ion states? It depends.

Yeah but then youā€™re just saying things to say things and it becomes pedantic.

You can repeat things and people wonā€™t listen

They kinda did silly things like that to usā€¦in 1776.

Yo itā€™s getting political out there, iā€™m coming in here to get away from it. Sup?

youā€™re brave posting with that name, on the forums. :stuck_out_tongue:

What? I carry around the heart of ragnaros.

1 Like

Exhibit A ā€“ With emphasis added post-facto.

Exhibit B

The implication being that Void Elves are ā€œno longer High Elvesā€. This standing in stark contradiction toā€¦

Exhibit C

ā€œBlood Elves are pretty much High Elves. Void Elves are also, pretty much, another flavor of High Elves.ā€ ā€“ Ion Hazzikostas

Ironic.

Thereā€™s nothing pedantic about it at all ā€“ the purpose for highlighting these facts is for people to be able to read them and make their own minds up about what is, or isnā€™t, likely to be true.

Maybe. Itā€™s been an hour, population disparity still doesnā€™t matter. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

i remember ion saying that velves were essentially helves but when i said so in this thread the antis corrected me. am i just remembering wrong?

4 Likes

Thereā€™s no way to know, since their positions change with the wind. :man_shrugging:

Yestderday, VEā€™s were a flavor of HEā€™s ā€“ today, according to Broflake, theyā€™re an unrelated species. :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

I love the dark skinned elves! I am a huge Avatar: The Last Airbender fan (cartoon not movie) and they totally remind me of the Water Tribe. Give them shamans for the waterbending, and we are all set!

2 Likes

Not really.

Devs sometimes get it wrong on lore.
Let alone Ionā€™s reference was in terms of the aesthetics and game design, not necessarily the nitty gritty details on lore itself where void elves are not the same as high elves or blood elves.

Its still just speculation with no substance. :man_shrugging:

that is dedication.

High elves and blood elves have a connection to the sunwell.
Void elves do not.
That is a very big defining trait for that race.

Today? Iā€™ve been saying it since day 1? Seriously, donā€™t mis-represent things and act as if it is a new argument brought forth. That is at best, facetious of you.

Iā€™m surely blind, after seeing someone who is against playable High Elves admitting this. We need screenshots of this moment.

There wasnā€™t any speculation at all in my comments.

Itā€™s a fact that BEā€™s have been in more conflicts than HEā€™s. What conclusion someone draws from that factual information is their prerogative. :man_shrugging:

Itā€™s a good thing I wasnā€™t implying your position has changed, but rather that generally the positions of those against playable HEā€™s are quite erratic ā€“ hence why I brought up your position, seeing as itā€™s both atypical for someone against playable HEā€™s to hold and, ironically, a position which strengthens the argument in favor of playable HEā€™s.

If a little Void-juice turns you into a new species, then a little bit of any juice zapping the High Elves ā€“ new species, boom.

12 Likes

lol lets see how he responds to this. XD

2 Likes

I am always rather candid about the matter. This is nothing new.

That is still speculation in terms of the outcomes though :man_shrugging:

That is not what happened. They were being transformed by a void prince and the ritual was interrupted. It was not a case of magic ingestion

Actually, for those of us who can scroll up, youā€™ve been ā€˜candidā€™ about your unwavering support for whatever Blizzard says and does.
You been caught there, Bro.

4 Likes

Oh well.

Ah, my apologies, let me try again.

What youā€™re saying is that High Elves will become a new species, in their own right, when/if theyā€™re forcibly inundated by some cosmic energy to such a degree that their bodies begin deteriorating.

Wonderful, letā€™s get it done. ā€œArcano-Elvesā€, anybody?

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/hearthstone_gamepedia/1/1a/Vereesa_Windrunner_full.jpg
10 Likes