High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

No. Lorewise we all know only a FEW would remain. As in not even 1% of the entire living high elf population of the time. If you finish wc3 completey you would know the alliance betray them. The fact you can make a few elf units still is just for gameplay reasons. If they made wc4 instead of WoW the alliance would have 0 elf units

I think one point that has to be made is that although Quel’thalas did indeed leave the Alliance, the campaign in Warcraft 2 explicitly involved High Elves that chose not to. These are the High Elves that matter in this discussion.

15 Likes

Thats new. I didnt know only 1% of the high elves fought with the alliance in the second war

In fact, despite the official withdrawal of Quel’thalas from the Alliance, there’s evidence of High Elves continuing to be a part of the Alliance military across Lordaeron and even all the way to Kalimdor. They even fought at the battle of Mount Hyjal as shown in WoW itself.

10 Likes

Yeah, they reused the name Somand Wayfinder on Dark Rangers.

I miss Sylvanas’s WC3 voice.

5 Likes

Aren’t all the NPCs there just a reference to the RTS Units you can build?

Almost as if the RTS Units represented actual lore, right?

8 Likes

Why would a blood elf want to dress up like the people who purged them from Dalaran? “You know what would be cool? Getting tattoos like the two Windrunner sisters who murdered our people and tried to defile our Sunwell.”

Conversely, I wouldn’t play a Blood Elf with blue eyes because they’re still evil traitors. They spearheaded the destruction of Theramore, killing thousands of High Elves, and happily joined an undead warlord to destroy another elven city and raise its people as undead slaves.

10 Likes

You know what? I’ll bite.

Garithos has nothing to with the alliance. The alliance was shattered after the events of the scrourge. And I did finish the campaign. If you read the game manual it does say that some elves remain in Lordaeron and the Alliance after Anasatrian abandoned the alliance. Right under the priest and soceror section. This means these elves were not even apart after the fall of Qual’thalas.

Know you must be asking “Well what happened to these elves then? Did they turn to the scourge with the rest of Lordaeron?” Nope. They either went to Dalaran, ran to the ruins of Stormwind, or they sailed to Kalimdor with Jaina.

These High Elves did not know the pain of their people. These High Elves did not take part or knew of the Blood Elves plight afterwards. When they finally knew what happened to their people and what they did to keep themselves alive. They were disgusted. The name "Blood Elf’ became vile to them. It’s why they hate each other.

8 Likes

Or they are just a reference to High Elves getting slaughtered by the Undead and Legion once again, since Human Base falls in the RTS and Hyjal game.

tbf, high elves have been going to and living in dalaran for thousands of years. its not something that happened after the high elves left the alliance and continues to this day

whats the source for this. we have in game examples of them working together and pilgrimages to the sunwell. including when they came back to quel’thalas to push back the amani and freeing suramar. vereesa and alleria both wish for them to return to the alliance as shown in game as well

either way as i have said before the alliance high elves are all almost dead. there is really just a few high elf mages in dalaran and the hunters of the silver covenant and a few in that hut in the hinterlands. thats it

I believe it was in the book the night of the dragon. I could have gotten my books messed up. If I’m wrong I’m sure someone here knows the source.

5 Likes

It’s okay Zoo, if your made up facts must be taken into account we can just time travel to bolster our high elf ranks like the horde did to get maghar.

15 Likes

even if this was possible, with the revelation that the cadence of allied races being added into the game is slated to fall drastically after BFA ends, the chances of them wasting that slot on something practically indistinguishable from an already available option has diminished even further. i dont see this happening tbh

That’s okay then. They can just add them in as an actual race after BFA.

8 Likes

That’s a really great looking Half Elf.

Small issue with this. ALL High Elves knew “the pain” of the fall of Quel’thalas. Every High Elf on Azeroth, linked to the Sunwell, immediately felt its fouling from Kel’thuzad’s resurrection in it. It began radiating necrotic energies, and wasn’t something Alliance High Elves could just ignore; this thing was killing them.

Kael’thas took many of these people back to Quel’thalas and would eventually destroy the Well, where all high elves would begin to feel the pull of Arcane addiction.

Yes Jaina did take some citizens (per Chronicle it specifies civilians), but most who remained in Dalaran were cut down when Arthas came back from sacking Quel’thalas with Kel’thuzad to claim the Book of Medivh, who summons Archimonde and obliterates the city.

It’s never been very clear where Alliance High Elves in the Silver Covenant even come from, as Warcraft 3 and TFT, Vanilla and TBC all made High Elves minimally represented and scarce.

It wasn’t until Wrath that we saw High Elves pasted all over Dalaran, something they must have noticed felt wrong, because they have only decreased their actual in-game numbers and representations since, to line up with their smaller, support role they currently play within the Alliance.

3 Likes

this ^

they have added only 4 high elf NPCs into BFA. 2 of which are nameless. 4 high elf NPCs is perfectly in line with a minor, non playable faction that does exist but which has no real impact within the alliance beyond the nod to the past

1 Like

I’m guessing he meant 3, but typed a 2 by mistake.

5 Likes

Decreased? Do explain then, why they were so heavily involved in the Isle of Thunder arc in MoP. Also, I clearly remember rescuing quite a few of them in Legion, that were held captive on the broken shore. Then there’s Ari in the Mage’s order hall; who’s part of a quest chain involving Khadgar.

There’s also the Allerian stronghold from BC; which is full of high elven buildings and houses the Alliance expedition’s high elven ranger cadre. So they were given representation even before Wrath.

20 Likes