High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

my bar on what is and isnt psychological abuse is rather low. i think any time someone runs a head game on you, its abusive, that includes lying to you to get a sale, or exaggerating to get a sale. dangling that carrot for 14 years is over the top. i do understand that they are a business and that a certain amount of sweet nothings is considered standard practice. but i’m either entirely stupid or they are entirely abusive after 14 years. i still cant believe he said, the horde is waiting for you. hehe. that was just… i…it was epic in its tragedy, game wise.

I don’t think they’ve done this. Nothing they have done has suggested to me they intend to make them playable.

I think it’s something you’ve built up in your mind.

3 Likes

I agree with Murg on the fact that we may never get a real answer on this from blizz. Either when the servers close or if they stop making allied races permanently.

While it’s available and they have story for bfa left the idea has life :wink:

1 Like

really? that’s not what i heard. interesting. i thought high elf fans were already asking for them to be on the alliance as far back as vanilla, because they were in w2 and w3

If they intend to continue adding allied races, a few cycles down the line… who knows? All this talk might seem pretty silly.

That is the same as saying humans are horde aligned because of the fogsail humans. You can’t declare an entire group allied because of a smaller group of individuals. It is inaccurate.

you are…joking yes?
If I have 10 people, and 9 vote yes, and 1 votes no, that is still a vast majority and tyhey still have much more weight.

Let us say blood elves were 900 or even 1000, that still means they hold much more political sway and representation of their race than the 10%. Less than that even, because the warcraft encyclopedia claimed some high elves converted.

It counted the entire population dude. Don’t reach for what isn’t there.

You mean the 9% vs the 91%.
Either way, high elves are an extremely low number, and they were individuals who remained with the alliance, they weren’t representative of all the high elves who left the alliance in WC2 and 3.

2 Likes

might being that shrivelled carrot on a stick.

Lore states they were mana tapping artifacts.
Can we stop trying to create differences that are not there?

Literally the only difference between a high elf and a blood elf is color choice.

5 Likes

visually, blizz has not opted to show how their bloodline was diluted. interesting doncha think?

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you didn’t understand my post and aren’t “running a head game” on me. I don’t think they’ve promised to give you playable Alliance high elves. I doesn’t seem to me that they’re doing anything like that over the past 14 years. If anything “the Horde is waiting for you” is them saying that they don’t intend to add them to the Alliance in no uncertain terms.

I don’t think Alliance high elves have much significance. When people spend a lot of time online dwelling on something, things can have more presence then they actually do.

2 Likes

nope. never promised. has always been a might and a maybe and a who knows.

as someone who has been the victim of ACTUAL abuse the fact you keep comparing not getting helves with something so serious is absolutely insane. you need to step away from your computer for a little bit and gain some perspective.

1 Like

oh i’m so sorry dekkar. like i said, my bar is low. i will select different words for your sake!

they didnt dangle anything in front of you. they simply took advantage of the lore that a few individual alliance high elves exist and implemented it to add depth and texture to the game world. that only a thread on the forums with less then 20 regular posters including myself cares says everything

1 Like

So you want them to have the same racials too?

I get that they are both the same… but…

Arcane torrent is more akin to them stealing mana from living things not objects. It’s a cultural matter in this case.

It’s actually discrediting the Blood elves when you say eye color is literally the only difference between the two political groups… on the surface… yes. But culturally they have different opinions.

4 Likes

do i need to go back and quote all the times they hinted at or outright said they were working on such a possibility? everytime there was a new expac announced, the same thing happened. people would come to the forums to ask for new races they wanted added to the game. high elves and ogres being the most highly requested

Yes.

And provide sources.

This is not something that is important to the average player.

Can you post those book marked videos so we can add them to the resources tab of our discord?

I dont want them period elyssaroa you know that. =p

1 Like

Of course :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And if I had my NE Paladin I’d only be here for support :shushing_face:

1 Like

some of that is gonna be rough since the old forums now are 404. cant quote from them. they’re gone. but i might be able to dig some stuff outta the wayback machine. if i can’t, i’ll admit defeat. and just give up. surrender. not ask for anything i want in the game again. take my bag of stupid ideas, my terrible art works, my hopes for enjoying retail cause i actually get to play a race i want on a faction i want (i know so unreasonable), and go play classic instead