High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

So what is the problem with void elves when they are literally altered versions of blood elves aesthetically?

That third eye is useful, be nice.

I love how you have nothing to back you up, while I have a lot of lore behind my view. Directly from quests and stories.

We had this talk before. I know itā€™s useless, youā€™ll keep ignoring whatā€™s in front of you. But I like to remind you that you are wrong now and then.

10 Likes

Well the point of this thread is to discuss what we want for high elves.

1 Like

The very obvious fact that you need to keep saying ā€œblood and high elvesā€ is enough to show that they are different, as saying one or the other is not enough to define the whole set.

10 Likes

Orā€¦maybe I just didnā€™t see it in a thread that has over 8.2k posts? Of course, letā€™s start the discussion by making an assumption of dishonesty. Par for the course.
Blood elves and high elves are the same race.
Political distinction=/= changing races.

Political distinction is not enough of a reason, otherwise, every race should be playable on both factions because a fringe group has allied with the opposite faction at some point or another.

I literally just quoted the lore to you. Shall we bring up encyclopedia again? Or are you going to do the thing where you ignore it?

there is a lot of irony here.
Do cite lore that states high elves and blood elves are different races and not the same race with different titles?

I understand that, and my point is why it doesnā€™t work.

Is this an attempt at a ā€œgotcha?ā€, because acknowledging political distinction does not mean they are a different race. Or are the fogsail humans the horde ally with a different race of humans.

by your logic, any time a group changes names they are a different race.
Soā€¦yeahā€¦your gotcha does not work.

Itā€™s your opinion that it doesnā€™t work.

6 Likes

If weā€™re playing the opinion game its all opinions and no one matters and the discussion should simply cease because its opinion.

Sure, here:

Where else? Here too.

But of course, you will deny IN-UNIVERSE CHARACTERS treating them as separate entities because otherwise youā€™d need to admit you are wrong.

7 Likes

Looks like a name change to me, not a change of race.
Same for the second link.

Different groups have different names, they donā€™t stop being a race.
All of them are high elves collectively, or blood elves, whichever you choose

The decision to put NEā€™s on the Alliance, where they didnā€™t and still donā€™t exactly have many commonalities with the other members, hasnā€™t done them any favors insofar as the course of their development is concerned ā€“ in fact, if you search it out, you can find people complaining about the NEā€™s being ā€œde-fangedā€ by Blizzard solely to make them seem more fitting to the Allianceā€™s broader culture.

This is almost exactly the same for BEā€™s, but in reverse ā€“ instead of them becoming docile, Blizzard has recently taken to depicting them as being uncharacteristically ruthless. If the trend continues, itā€™s going to be harder and harder to suggest that the Blood Elves are the spiritual successors to Quelā€™thalas (though, obviously, theyā€™re still absolutely the physical successors).

Eh, both Night Elves and High Elves have been aligned with the Alliance since the launch of the game ā€“ with the former being playable.

As I stated, this would be mirrored by a core race from the Alliance being available only once on the Alliance and twice on the Horde. It isnā€™t ā€œan issueā€, in that hypothetical.

The very first sentence of my comment was pretty clear. In order to balance out the fact that the Alliance would have two iterations of Thalassian, the Horde would need to receive another NE-inspired Allied Race (thus, mirroring the situation on both factions).

As for the Void Elf debacle, you wonā€™t find any debate from me about that. Iā€™ve been pretty consistent in saying Iā€™d be fine with them doing what you proposed earlier. If the HEā€™s were convinced, or forced, to become VEā€™s it wouldnā€™t really bother me much ā€“ though Iā€™d hope for a non-tentacled hairstyle for each length (i.e. short, medium, long), to help players re-iterate that the HEā€™s-gone-VEā€™s arenā€™t as prone to giving themselves to the Void.

Facetious Comment: We just want a couple bites out of the apple that was stolen from us to begin with. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

So predictable.

1 Like

The link has the racial abilities for Blood elves.

We can make a differentiation in this regard. The blood elves must have learned their arcane torrent after the scourge.

We donā€™t need the arcane acuity.-although for commonization it would make sense.

Maybe a mastery boost or resources efficiency boost.

1 Like

I mean, we all know is about you feeling robbed since BC, yet, it still amuses me how this has been going on for so long and with so many lies and pretentions.

1 Like

I noticed you were replying and waited here, patiently, for like 7 minutes hoping for some sort of amazing response. This is what I was met withā€¦ something I canā€™t even understand.

5 out of 7.

1 Like

Except we have seen cases where the BEā€™s are ruthless in their actions. Beyond the dark portal depicts what a high elf would do when theyā€™ve lost everything, in the case of Alleria who became extremely hateful of the Horde.
Vareesa herself as also been very hateful, so it is not uncharacteristic of them, particularly because they are a race that is so endangered in terms of its population. When face with such a situation morality becomes an option, not a necessity in your society.
it is only recently they have turned away from it with the restoration of the sunwell.

Yes, people are unhappy about the night elves, but simply because there is a difference between races does not mean they cannot align. The idea it is a thematic blunder is a poor argument, given it helps to give the alliance much needed variety, such as that of worgen who are brutal beings in their nature.
Should the worgens be with the horde then?

Blizzard has been all about twisting things around to make them work. It is not unusual and not against the theme of things.

High elves formerly left the alliance in WC2. 99% of their population obeyed their king and left. So no, it is wrong to state high elves have been allied with the alliance.
You have had individual high elves remain with the alliance, but the high elves have not, and did not desire to be allied with the alliance. It has been a constant theme in the warcraft games.

Should we do the same for the Horde when they have had such individuals work with them repeatedly?

No, they would not be NE inspired they would need to be NE. High elves are blood elves, so if youā€™re going to do one, you need to do the same with the other and give over the exact same race in turn.

Correct me if I am wrong, but donā€™t void elves get two versions for long hair styles? one with tentacles one without it?
IMO, Iā€™d take void elves over nightborne.

I am going to shake you.

Just because you donā€™t like something does not make it false.

3 Likes

I donā€™t expect you to like or think highly of anything that goes against your desire.

2 Likes

Nā€™Zoth be whisperinā€™ in my head allllllllll day.

No, thatā€™s not a true statement. They are not different races, they are the same race with a political difference. They are both non-GMO Thalassian Elves, as opposed to their GMO counterparts the Void Elves.

The ā€œpolitics makes them different racesā€ argument is fundamentally flawed; Democrats and Republicans - though every bit as far apart politically as Blood and High Elves - are both human.

1 Like

Like stormwind humans and kul tirans?

I donā€™t care if they have the same biology, for purposes of both story and gameplay, they are different races.

10 Likes

Both are humans according to devs