High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Let us be realistic, do you think blizzard didn’t see the constant cry for high elves? That they somehow mis-read the room? No.
They had blood elves fulfilling that aesthetic and fantasy, and knew it would cause more issues than just making void elves.

By making high elves, you make blood elves redundant, and declare void elves were not a good idea, butyou’ll give them to the alliance anyway even though it now means a core race is only represented once in tis home faction, when the opposing faction gets representation times 2.

That would be a lovely thing to deal with PR wise.

But you literally were unhappy about void elves being from blood elves.
So if the story was to include high elves, does that not resolve the issue there lore wise?

At the moment, all I am seeing is “I dont want the story to fix what I don’t like about void elves, but I want high elves anyway.”.

3 Likes

Only way I could see that being an acceptable solution is if it included the addition of paladins as a class option. Then again I don’t speak for everyone either, but that is honestly how I feel about it at the moment.

1 Like

I would be perfectly fine with them giving paladins as an option to void elves if they went with that option.
I mean…undead can be priests, and it is clearly possible to bend the light to your will and use it accordingly. Blood elves use it all the time and they don’t worship the light like dranei, humans and dwarves do.

1 Like

The alliance could use an elf Paladin.
I’d prefer they do a night elf vs void though

1 Like

Personally I wish we had a void version of paladins. cough hack cough dont kill me

2 Likes

I would be fine either way, but yes alliance should have at least one elf paladin combination available.

lol… don’t give Blizz any ideas… then all of us are going to be running around with void specs on each class lol

They are hitting the void even harder than the fel.

Next toy is going to be a void shroud or something.

To be fair, if they coupled this with yet another NE-inspired Allied Race for the Horde, they’d basically be fixing a thematic blunder they made in Vanilla and TBC. I’d be fine if it ultimately ended up being:

• Night Elves, Void Elves, and High Elves on the Alliance.
  • Blood Elves, Nightborne, and [Insert Choice AR Here] on the Horde.
2 Likes

Maybe give them the San’layn or something along those lines since there seems to be a rather large thread around about them as well.

7 Likes

Thematic blunder? How so? It was intentional to not go with the typical tolkien esque theme. They instead went closer to a disc world or DnD theme where elves aren’t always allies to dwarves and humans.
Let alone it would create, again, an issue in terms of design because a core race for the horde only appears ONCE on their side, but appears TWICE on the opposing faction for which they were not playable originally.

What would you do? Make sanlayn? okay cool, but I don’t see any alliance races jumping ship to the Horde. If they did because they can “just write lore”, then what is the issue with “just writing lore” for void elves to have high elf converts?

Just saying, its flat out wanting to take two bites out an apple that was not originally alliance.

I addressed this above.
Alliance would not have any of their races jumping ship creating an imbalance in game design.

I like how people who say we should appreciate Void Elves are the first to say they should be changed into something else.

Void Elves are their own thing. Let’s keep it that way.

11 Likes

No, I am unhappy we got a half baked ar with no history and no compelling story instead of high elves. That they came from belves instead of helves bothers some people, but I’d prefer to keep high elves far from the bleh that is void elves.

3 Likes

What? Not sure anyone said this

So are blood elves and high elves, but you don’t want to keep it that way.

They can always write a compelling story for them, like they did the gnomes in Mechagon.

Blood and high elves two different things.

10 Likes

No, we didn’t want the bite of apple they gave us with no warning or anything. We still just want high elves.

2 Likes

The lore says they are the same race, as much as you wish to believe otherwise.

We can’t always get what we want.

The part where the only thing that occurred was a name change? Just disingenuous on your part.

1 Like

Link where it’s said they are the same thing.

9 Likes

I replied to you in an edit. Sorry if it bugs things

Altering them is what people are offering up as a compromise.

If they have the fair skin all the time then they are no different than Blood elves aesthetically. Just blood elves with a protruding tentacle here and there o.0
Probably a void growing eye.

1 Like

You have to be pretty selective to not see the “Change VE’s into a transformation” “Change VEs to be High Elves instead” “Change VEs to have pale skin” post.

:arrow_down:

2 Likes