High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

It seems like your idea of Blood Elves and high elves is different from Blizzard’s.

There’s more high elves than void elves.

3 Likes

I’m curious if you could cite some instance of any developer going on record saying that there are less High Elves than Void Elves.

I’ll wait, but I expect to be waiting until the universe freezes. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

That may not be Blizzard’s intention.

Is there such a thing as having headcanon for developer intent? If so, you’ve got a bad case of it, friend.

Mmmm no. Its not. Blizzard wrote that Blood elves dont consider themselves High Elves any more while High Elves still remain that arent Blood elves.

3 Likes

Though there is no mention comparing the two specifically, they do talk about the lack of Alliance high elves and current organisation/places. Fyre shares the video frequently, I’m not good at technology.

Lets bring it down a notch?

1 Like

Careful with that bait, you’re going to get your own thread locked again.

1 Like

Easier for the individual player to recognize the difference between a blood elf NPC and high elf NPC for the purpose of story telling given that the two are the same race. Subtle changes in design can assist in gameplay/

Read above. You’re trying to repeat your question with the hopes the answer will be different.
If the blood elves and high elves had the same color eyes, as they should by lore, then players could not differentiate between high elves and blood elves from a singular look.

Silly? Yes.
Effective for design? Very much so.
It is only now that they realized people are not dumb that BE may get blue eyes finally.

2 Likes

Yeah, isn’t Blizzard’s stance that 90% of the high elves renamed themselves to blood elves in remembrance of their fallen kin?

Like the only high elves left around are the silver covenant?

They’re the remnants of the remnants of a fallen race, according to Night of the Dragon (which came out 11 years ago).

It’s neat and all to paint up blood elves and pretend you want something other than blood elves, but it’s literally asking for blood elves. They are literally the same thing.

2 Likes

They described them as a crack squad, and there is currently no way to create more.

YES!
It would certainly have made a lot more sense!

What if they change the lore to say they recruit high elves?
What would you say then?

1 Like

This is one particular demon you don’t want to summon Mr. Warlock.

Your credibility is already shaky, I would try and use your own “points”.

1 Like

It would have made more sense that Alliance high elves were looking for an alternative to the Sun Well, so they had no reliance on the Horde.

Side note, when the whole life tap thing was happening how were the Alliance high elves sustaining themselves?

You asserted that it possible that Blizzard intends for there to be less High Elves than Void Elves, and then you responded with something unrelated about High Elves singularly.

A simple, “I can’t corroborate my statement with anything that might indicate its validity”, would have sufficed. :man_shrugging:

The HE’s in Quel’Danil just stopped using magic, cold-turkey.
The HE’s in Quel’Lithien survived using magical objects, but ultimately found one that wrecked them.
The HE’s in Dalaran survived using magical objects and, most probably, latent magical energy in the city.

6 Likes

Unlike you, I do NOT have to deal in punative absolutes in order to have a good time. Keep the silly things in the game if need be. NOWHERE have I or anyone else even brought up taking them out, in exchange.
Only you.
Volumes.

I did not say take them out in that statement did I? I simply stated add to the lore.
So if the lore stated the void elves could recruit, and high elves were volunteering as a way of not being connected to the sunwell anymore, would you then be satisfied?

2 Likes

I don’t see why a group that chose not to drain mana for their own survival is going to sign up for voices in their head for the lulz.

And if they go that route, I’ll Just be done. If I had any interest in playing a void elf, I’d be doing so already.

8 Likes

If Alliance high elves are a niche thing not worthy of their time, and Void Elves are the future, why would they? Nor do I see how this particular thread you’re pulling on matters.

I used waffle words like ‘may’ for a reason. I’m not presenting it as a fact.

1 Like