High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Wait what? Why?! Did anyone here flag it?

No, it would have shown locked
 it’s just gone with the wind.

Yes, apparently we can’t express why they shouldn’t happen. Thanks blues.

The OP didn’t look like it was it just 404’s out of nowhere.

2 Likes

Not me. I was enjoying the discussion. What a bugger.

it just proves this is the containment thread and they want our discussion contained here

That’s not the purpose of this thread. Without a comment on it we don’t know why they deleted it.

9 Likes

I know this is purely a lore-based response but; Alleria is not a Void Elf in the way they are. She leads them but is not the same as them.

Alleria’s mastery over the Void came from a guided, step by step process Locus Walker took her through; beginning with her consumption of the heart of a void revenant and culminating her her draining a dark Naaru. She retains her own physical form as-is in this process and only when she summons the full power of the Void - like the mechanics used with Shadow Priests - does she “Void out”.

Now then, Void Elves - the playable version - and why the Alleria-Mode isn’t available (from a Lore perspective, not a “Blizzard can do whatever they want!” perspective):

Void Elves were a moment away from having their corporeal forms permanently stripped away during the attempt by a Nether Prince to completely unmake them and remake them into ethereals, here is some of the actual dialogue:

Nether-Prince Durzaan: My people were reshaped by the void. Stripped of the limitations of flesh. We offer you the same gift.
Nether-Prince Durzaan: Even shattered as it is, this place echoes with the whispers of the great ones who were slain
 and the hatred of he who broke this world.
Nether-Prince Durzaan: A pity you remain defiant. The patience of the masters is vast
 but not infinite.
Nether-Prince Durzaan: A minor setback. What is in motion cannot be undone. Surely you see this.
Nether-Prince Durzaan: The void will transform you
 awaken what you were meant to be.
Nether-Prince Durzaan: Do you not see what we offer? The majesty of chaos
 the glory of infinite hunger!
Nether-Prince Durzaan: Why do you fight your destiny, Windrunner? Join me and rule by my side!
Nether-Prince Durzaan: So be it. Your death is regrettable
 but necessary.

Without Alleria and the player showing up, the Void Elves aren’t Void Elves, they aren’t Elves at all, they are bodiless Void entities. Even with the intervention, they have been permanently altered - part Elf, part Void being.

This is not to say that the Lore couldn’t have been written to make them Alleria-like - but that it wasn’t.

4 Likes

I’d rather have high elves and leave void elves alone.

6 Likes

Flagged as ‘trolling’ according to the message I got.

1 Like

:confused:

thats dumb

1 Like

Well most players on this thread seem to have had a consensus that flagging is a bad idea. The community outside of this may have done it.

1 Like

Sorry but no, it’s always been viewed and even hinted by mods as a containment, which is why the spam begins as soon as this thread it’s locked. They will never explicitly say it because it would go against how customer service works.

Imo, I think that what should be taken into consideration it’s the fact that they were made disctinct, including their complaxion, to make them disctinct from Blood elves. I think that has more weight than anything else and Alleria is one of those characters that just happens to be different.

Well, scratch what I said earlier

1 Like

Considering how often I and other people in the anti-helf discord get posts deleted or mass flagged in this thread, I don’t really think you know what you’re talking about tbh.

3 Likes

It was removed by a mod after being flagged.

1 Like

Well I avoid discord

And are you talking about current discord discussions or past ones?

Let’s think about this for a second.
Creation of a dissent thread automatically has negative implications with the community. An anti Mech Gnome or Vulpera thread is subject to just as much scrutiny as an anti High elf thread. It already builds the premise that it’s going to cause more issues than a regular thread. People should be able to handle themselves better
 but the moderators obviously made the call to remove it, something is a dissent thread must have given rise to removal. No need to come here and point fingers.

5 Likes

I don’t think this is fair. It does appear blues believe you guys should post your opinions in this thread, even though the purpose of this thread is different.

Sigh.

I’m not the OP, but please do share your views with us here then, given the situation.

5 Likes

I’m not, I’m just saying it’s ridiculous to pretend that somehow the helfers of this thread are too enlightened to flag things they don’t like. I frequently get normal posts flagged and deleted.

2 Likes

Flagging should be public, honestly. We should be able to see who is flagging what and why. I don’t think your thread was trolling. I might have understood that some people alien to this topic would think your thread was spam, but still, I expect blues to know better.

1 Like

First off, you dont know who is doing the flagging and who isnt. There is no evidence that shows any person from this thread flagged it.

Second, its amusing that they let the same behavior go on despite the fact they take time to remove post after post. Just a side thought though.

4 Likes

So, we’re going back to that debate from a few weeks ago about how discussing why they shouldn’t happen also belongs here? After all, it seems that bringing up the primer to discuss that specifically was “asking for it” to be removed basically.

You’re right, but that might earn you some enemies.

To be honest, I would feel better if I was discussing the topic in that specific branch and not add to the clutter, but what can ya do.

2 Likes