High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

quite true. but at least with high elves, it’d be the race we asked for in the first place. haha

1 Like

if faction identity is nothing to you, then to quote ion ‘the horde is waiting for you’

the only thing that matters is that high elves are already playable, what isnt are alliance high elves, and blizzard has made clear faction diversity is an important aspect of the game, and that a high elf variant already exists for the alliance

1 Like

which is why classic is waiting for me. :rofl:

1 Like

The intro quest can be the Silver Covenant asking them to join their ranks.

They can continue to the other High Elf areas.

Literally all of the “Issues” can be resolved in the recruitment quest.

Also, it’s not like we need the Highvale perse but they would add a lot of new stuff and potential for new stuff.

8 Likes

I thought it was established that Blood Elves are High Elves? Didn’t the Devs say this at one point?

Why is Blizzard allowing these spam threads all over the general forums?

1 Like

It doesnt even have to be them joining the SC. The SC could have a base on the land via the Elves at Highvale.

2 Likes

Except that Blizzard mentioned it?

We’ve literally had faction identity being an intrinsic partof WoW. Were you not there for the opening of AQ? Faction war to the max.
The game’s faction identity is stressed in every game. Just because they come together to fight a world ending threat does not mean faction identity means nothing, especially when the developers of the game state faction identity is important to them.

You can’t discard it in lieu of your subjective interpretations.

he is right though.
There are many times where you complain about void elf lore, don’t like it was made up. but then say “but we can make up high elf lore to justify them being playable.”

So what is the difference with void elves besides not liking it? It is made up lore is it not? If blizzard said “and they increase thier numbers by recruiting high elves”, what would you say then? They can add that to the lore.

Besides the one I brought up that you ignored?

2 Likes

Blood Elves are High Elves, but High Elves aren’t Blood Elves.

The very name “Megathread”, points to it not being a spam thread, but nice tro…Try.

If you’re not even gonna skim the OP, why waste the time in posting something you clearly don’t care about.

9 Likes

some would say, fine. some would flip out. some wouldnt say anything and just quit. others would be happy.

You’re accusing me of skimming over OP’s post while you skim over mine and totally ignore the point about the Devs mentioning High Elves are already playable on the Horde.

Yes Blood Elves are High Elves, and High Elves are Blood Elves. The only thing they lack is blue eyes and that should already in game for the Blood Elves seeing as how the Sunwell has been purified and once again consists of arcane energies. Their eye colours are directly dependent upon the energy they use to sustain themselves. Green for fel, golden for light, and blue for arcane. These are facts.

2 Likes

By this very post, you’ve proven you read nothing in the OP. Moving on.

3 Likes

Not what i said. So proven on actively skimming. Self burn.

Blood Elves are playable on the Horde, Alliance High Elves are not playable for either faction. Difference is political.

Majority holy, thus why you have yellow eyes, you will not get Blue eyes again, Arcane does not overwrite Light.

“Font of Holy energy”

Educate yourself.
9 Likes

Link me a legitimate source where it says “majority holy.” Here’s my source:

In the wake of Kil’jaeden’s defeat, the draenei prophet Velen purified the Sunwell with the Light-infused heart of a fallen naaru, transforming the fount into a source of both holy and arcane energies.

Sounds like you people love making up facts while ignoring reality because it don’t fit your High Elf narrative lol.

2 Likes

There is literally no lore to support this statement.
Blood elves are technically high elves. only difference is, as you said, political.

5 Likes

So this is the 3rd time you’ve skimmed a post without reading/watching whats in it, credibility lost, if it ever existed.

Official WoW chronicle states the Universe created by Fundamental magic like Light and Void, arcane comes from both these powers. There is no other “Official” description of magic interaction, you pretending you’d get blue eyes again cause the Sunwell is half arcane is twice removed in credibility than me stating the Fundamental nature of Light magic vs Arcane magic, from the Official WoW Chronicle. Especially considering Blizzard has made the effort to show Light majority with your yellow eyes and the damn Blood elf narrator saying the fountain is Light now.

If Blizzard cared about your arcane side, you would of gotten Blue eyes as well to emphasize it, you got holy because that’s what they want the Sunwell to give you, majority holy light.

9 Likes

The Sunwell was an Arcane font of energy before it was destroyed by Arthas. It’s the same as the waters that came from the Well of Eternity before it’s destruction. The well was Reignited by the heart of a Naruu in Holy light. Light is a primary cosmic energy as is Shadow that created all other elements across the cosmos. When the light fixed the well… it means it’s properties had changed now to have more Light. The Light overpowers Arcane, because once again Light is a primary Element in the aside from Shadow. It takes Both a mix of light and Shadow to create Arcane… but now that more light was added… the properties shift to being that of Light Dominant.

1 Like

I could see why youd say this because the Sunwell is now golden in appearance meaning the light overflows the arcane. Unfortunately I havent seen anything to support this other than the appearance of it. It does make sense for it to be majority light though. A naaru sacrificed itself for the nearly depleted arcane well to continue on. It seems like it would be majority light, but unless its written i dont think we can claim that.

Don’t worry babe. I am sure Blood Elves will get the blue eyes in the near future. The Devs already hinted that this in one of their interviews. They also stated they don’t plan to add High Elves/ Blood Elves to the Alliance. Void Elves was a response to people like you begging for said elves on the Alliance.

And it’s both holy AND arcane, not majority holy. Simple reading comprehension and my source is the official WoW website page about Blood Elves, whereas your source is… Your opinion LOL.

1 Like

Is this ever actually explicitly spelled out, or is this just extrapolation based on a chart in a book and reading more into that chart than is actually there?

1 Like