High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

they are high elves. like ya know veressa high elves. high elves. not friendly to horde. not blood elves. they are alliance friendly high elves

i cant believe i have to debate the reality of alliance high elves when both veressa and alleria, both high profile high elves, and sisters of sylvannas, are on the alliance.

5 Likes

Ok ill bite. I feel like this has been explained. They dont have to be Alliance High Elves for this to work. Highmountain Tauren were neutral and the Nightborne were hostile to both factions. All of the ARs were not aligned to a faction before their playability.

2 Likes

When they are already Alliance, it means we can’t recruit them.

When they are not Alliance, it means they aren’t Alliance so the can’t be an Allied Race.

Such
 Logic

But Highvale are best buds with both Wildhammer and Draenei and are Alliance aligned. So there’s literally no issue.

10 Likes

That is because you’re debating something I did not oppose. You’re creating an argument out of nowhere.
I am stating one should not rely on the game to accurately reflect the lore given the limitations of game design.
Let us say Alleria is completely friendly or neutral to her own people but hates orcs. The game will NEVER reflect this for gameplay reasons.

Besides the fact that the race itself is playable on the horde, and the alliance has the offshoot variation already? So your request is

1. Redundant because their race is playable as horde.
  2. There is an alliance friendly variant already present.

So what you’re requesting is redundant 2x, and creates an imbalance in terms of game design. You’ve now taken a core horde race, gotten another flavor of it on the alliance.
So
what do you do? Give a variant of void elves to the Horde? Except you still have 2 versions of a horde race, while the horde only have 1 version of an alliance race.

2 Likes

Right? If anything they have strong ties to the Alliance. The draenei saving them from Sylvanas even helps this thought. They might as well be Alliance High Elves.

9 Likes

they are flagged friendly for questing purposes thats about it

and they are not like ‘vereesa high elves’ who simply just continued to live their life in dalaran

the lodge elves are elves who were forced to leave their homeland for rejecting rommaths teaching

dont worry, soon as classic gets here, there’ll be one less person here asking for alliance high elves. or alliance anything.

you still need a sub to play classic which means you can still post. i do enjoy your musings even if we disagree

What does them not specifically being Alliance have to do with them not being part of the High Elf AR though? All the other ARs were not aligned to one faction yet they are now.

9 Likes

because unlike HM or NB they show no interest in joining the alliance in their faction war

and dont forget ‘no more alliance high elf hubs exist where they could come form’

Because it hasnt been written yet. Highmountain and Nightborne showed no interest in joining the Alliance or Horde. This was written in for them to do so. New ARs would require being written by Blizzard for them to join Horde or Alliance.

1 Like

unless alliance gets high elves or half elves, i’ll be playing classic. though i could be enticed by saberon. hehe i need a reason to play retail. currently, it’s like being in a relationship with a partner that frequently forgets alliance exists and when they do, its so we can make the horde’s story more interesting.

This is why we are discussing High Vale. This is the hub you are looking for.

7 Likes

everything we discuss and repeat here each day has already happened internally with development when they discussed this possibility

they reached the same conclusions and validated the anti position. that high elves are already playable. that what isnt playable is alliance high elves. that only a few individual alliance high elves exist. that giving that race to the alliance damages faction distinctions in a game where the faction war and faction choice is prominent. that the pro side have already proven its not about the lore, as evidenced by the void elves with light skin request and trying to modify a high elf into something less then a high elf

High Vale would make an excellent hub for our high elves! For the alliance!

3 Likes

Yo man. Im not going to tell you to stop posting. But everything you have been saying has been debunked. You probably dont work for Blizzard either so you have no idea what sort of talks they had about High Elves. We have mentioned numerous times why exactly we want High Elves and its not the color of their skin. Your Void Elf theory is wrong. And for your 2nd edit of the post. We are here to discuss ways to make them more distinct from Blood Elves and already have many great examples as shown in the OP which you must have not even looked at because you would have seen this.

This is my final reply to you. I thought you werent a troll but the more I try and offer you examples of how we debunked your points you keep repeating them. It was good talking with you. Enjoy the thread!

8 Likes

3 Likes

during wod Ion teased a ‘subrace’ system and mentioned high elves and brown orcs. so we know at one point they discussed playable alliance high elves. and we know what came out of it because they told us when they addressed the request

thats fine. i dont post to get a response, but i wont leave things unchallenged

1 Like

Yes it is.

Ideas that contradict known lore. Interesting how lore matters when you want to get something, but then also doesn’t matter when you want to get something.

“We don’t like void elves because they had all their lore made up! Now back to our brainstorming session about making up more high elf lore”

1 Like

An outsider thinking what a company would do is a sure fyre way to start your argument off weak.

We’ve literally never had an expansion where in the end we didn’t work together to defeat a singular evil.

Faction Identity is nothing, you know your faction the second you start any race because our faction leaders/quests are shoved in our face during questing constantly, if you don’t know who you are at this point, that seems like a personal problem, our factions are not defined by our races, they’re defined by our gameplay experiences, if you even pay attention to the game you play, doubtful.

Definitely not something you can “use” to justify your sad points.

You’re so cute lol. Pretending High Elves haven’t been part of the WoW story since Vanilla, we don’t need to brainstorm lore for them to become reality, that lore’s all firmly in place.

We’re brainstorming lore because they can be reality, and that’s a fun topic for people with open minds, sure that’s a hard concept for you to grasp.

7 Likes