High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Well technically, didn’t high elves just have regular non glowing eyes? Alleria’s were green until they retconned that just to distinguish her from belves in game, and I believe Sylvanas’ were grey.

Just in game, all the high elves are shown with blue eyes. Their looks are limited though, as they are not playable yet.

4 Likes

which is the one argument we have in our favor that outshines all the others - the model can look different, as precedent has been set for groups living apart from each other, in different cultures, develop different appearances (stormwind humans vs. kul’tiran humans, as an example).

as far as dalaran high elves are concerned, the dalaran sunreavers would not necessarily have the same effects as they arent intermarrying and having dinner with humans. they’re presumably maintaining the traditions of the silvermoon elves, which would theoretically include food sources (the primary difference between a kul’tiran and stormwind human is food source)

1 Like

I’m actually a huge fan of this, conceptually.

I’d also be alright with this.

While it’s true that there are High Elves who were thoroughly divested from magic of any variety, both before and certainly after the loss of the Sunwell, I feel like you’re going to be constantly butting heads with Blood Elves over who deserves to control that Farstrider thematic – it’d be easier for all involved for the High Elves to simply change course towards something new, thus avoiding all criticism of being indistinguishable.

As a group of people thoroughly infused with the Arcane, presenting with blue/ pink/purple eyes as Talendrion posited above, and having their own particular take on what it means to be a Ranger (i.e. similarly to how Dark Rangers are easily distinguished, “Arcane Rangers” could be fleshed out especially), the HE’s would share little to nothing with Blood Elves other than a history.

8 Likes

I definitely would love an arcane ranger theme!

4 Likes

actually we do know. they specifically say the high elf population, not the high elf population in quel’thalas. this applies to a high elf living in dalaran or elsewhere who wasnt in quel’thalas and so survived. thats why they dont say 100%. you were right the first time when you said they are splitting hairs, except that here there is no hair to split. best stick to the script

quel’lithien and quel’danas elves are not alliance high elves. they are elves who rejected rommaths teachings and were exiled from quel’thalas because lorthemar did not want to rule over a divided people at such a desperate time. they did not want to leave their homeland. it is not an accident they went south and settled in the lodges and not all the way to stormwind. dalaran, or even move in with the wildhammer who they established relations with out of survival more then anything

1 Like

Can someone name some of the Queldanas and Quellithien NPCs for me?

1 Like

source high elf npcs

:sparkling_heart:

forgot all about that place

10 Likes

Not to mention the Draenei helped defend them from Sylvanas’ assassination orders.

2 Likes

now theres like 15 high elves, a draenei and a dwarf, there. the high elves are all called highvale sentries and they are hostile to horde.

3 Likes

id spend alot of money on race/faction changes if they added high elves there are less void elves in the lore then high elves

13 Likes

Kriss is the in-game reference for the Blizzard writer Christie Golden. I found rather interesting how the in-game NPC for one of the most important Warcraft writers is a High Elf.

If High Elves are confirmed i believe she would gladly write the lore for their recruitment scenario, i would love that.

9 Likes

Weird, I said the same thing to him a while ago, but he just fires his head cannon.

Pirate humans for horde confirmed, apparently.

2 Likes

Let them have em. Lol

Although the kul’tiran skeleton would make a great moknathal skeleton

1 Like

Why entertain something that is not meant to be or cannot be without breaking the lore? At that point, what can be said about those who are screaming about lore? It would be blatantly hypocritical for them to accept high elves if lore was what mattered to them would it not?

No one is saying “be satisfied with void elves.”. What is being said is “Yeha void elves aren’t exactly what you wanted, but exactly what you wanted would cause too many issues.”.
Even though the devs will utter platitude after platitude, the design of void elves and their lore, is clearly meant to be a compromise of some sort.

let us be fair though, blood elves can draw from nine times the size the population of high elves. A crack team of blood elves would most assurredly be larger than that of high elves.

This is true, but there has been no recent publications to overwrite the population numbers since that of 2006.

All high elves were a part of the kingdom of quel’thalas. Don’t start interpreting things for the sake of your view point.
There are no other high elf kingdoms.

The high elves were once a significant force on the continent, but in recent times their numbers have been dramatically reduced: approximately 90%[ of their population was slaughtered during the Following this, 90% of the surviving high elves changed their name to "[blood elves] or sin’dorei (children of the blood in [Thalassian]in remembrance of their fallen brethren, and no longer consider themselves high elven.

Blood elves are 90% of the 10% that was left.
Or 9%.
The 1% were high elves who were exiled OR were part of the alliance.
Later on in the entry, it notes some high elves converted to being blood elves, and the high elves in quel’danil lodge were also turned wretched by a cursed artifact whch caused their addictions to go out of control.

So in reality, its a little less than 1%, and the developers said too few high elves are present to be made playable and never redacted on that matter.
Do I agree with population as an argument? No.
It is what it is though, and then void elves being released put another obstacle on the path to having playable hgh elves.

2 Likes

the quel’lithen exiles were the ones who became wretched

Quel’lithen, thank you.

Sorry, so many dang quel’s its hard to get it straight!

yes its an easy mistake weve all made while typing here im sure

what i find more interesting is kriss is one of the few survivors of the exiles at quel’lithen lodge. she was assumed dead until she reappeared in MOP with lorewalker cho at the seat of knowledge located in the vale of eternal blossoms. very fitting

1 Like

i indicated which ones became wretched when i posted it. then flew to quel’danil and counted the npcs there that arent wretched. there’s 15 high elves, now called highvale sentries, one dwarf and one draenei. they are all hostile to horde and friendly to alliance. they are flagged pvp. there use to be 46 but were pruned down to 15 in cataclysm.

I would not consider the way the game flags players in terms of hostility as something really intrinsic to the lore.
It takes far too much work to program every race to respond to the player’s race in a different way and creates issues for gameplay and possible exploits.