High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

We don’t need more elves in the game… but hey you can RP to your hearts content.

1 Like

I would have been fine if we had just the three elf groups that have been around from the start to this day.

It’s Blizzard that decided to invent two more on Legion.

5 Likes

Even then they kind of stuffed it. ARs are still arguably over-designed from the original brief.

Had it been up to me, I wouldn’t have given them those starting area like Telogrus Rift, and the recruitment scenarios would all be in pre-existing locations with an emphasis on as little work as possible.

Half-Elves would have been a good AR if they stuck to being really minimalist about it - essentially all you need to say is they’ve been living with, and fighting alongside the Alliance up to this point anyway, and by the nature of being halfbreeds, there’s not really any need for any in-depth lore except that they have some mixed Elven and human heritage and that’s about it.

5 Likes

so most of the concepts in the thread so far we have been provided were just blood elves with different hair cuts or tattoos

one concept that was heavily pushed was high elves becoming more like wood elves, ignoring the fact that night elves are the wood wlves of warcraft and they have that theme covered. i have no comment on the viking elves

heres a rule of thumb. if you suggest a concept for alliance high elves, and a blood elf can do it with some makeup or new clothes or a new hairstyle, its not good enough

void elves are exactly what so many high elves fans purpoted to want, a high elf that didnt look like a blood elf. forgive me for having little sympathy when the reaction to them has been ‘not that different!’

Belular is an Horde biased guy, even SoulBreezy being a fan of Blood Elves and a Horde fanboy, did a better job trying to explain the matter in a more neutral manner:

Belular videos are good and everything, but NOT neutral, not in the slightest. The guy was literally advocating for Sylvanas burning the tree some time ago. :joy:

6 Likes

bellular is a centrist. ive never even heard of soulbreezy. the fact the video is title “the obvious road to high elves” says everything

at the end of the day our high elves are still blood elves. they share the exact same aesthetics and themes :woman_shrugging:

Did you watch the video? He’s not a Pro HE, dude!

He, in fact, make some jokes about it, but he’s not blind!

6 Likes

there are many flaws in it

High Elves are their own seperate people, with history and ties to the Alliance, and huge cultural differences to the Blood Elves.
They could easily tweak their looks to make them more unique, maybe Queldorei with some half customization? Brown skin, pink and brown eyes, ranger tattoos (like Alleria)…

Support.

16 Likes

Hopefully one day Blizzard will realize that forum posters are just better writers than there own staff. Everyone will be made to fly 100% of the time, high elves, hobbits, and talking trees will be added to the Alliance, and the Horde will be replaced by Hozen.

as blood elves are high elves. high elves are playable. they share the exact same themes and fantasy. the only thing they dont share is political affiliation

there is no lore to explain this different appearance. i mean does the alliance teach some kind of posture or stance class? :thinking:

Unless you provide a list of High Elf NPCs which show different stats and is a more ‘accurate’ list compared to the ones in the OP, your statement is yet to be proven true. Just because you say something doesn’t make it fact, at least the OP has proof from the game - even photos.

10 Likes

As Wildhammer are Dwarf, are Wildhammer playables?

Sindorei, Queldorei, Rendorei, Sanlayn are all High elves, but all them are separate people.
Sindorei (and maybe Sanlayn) are Horde themes.
Queldorei and Rendorei are Alliance themes.

8 Likes

tbf, you could roleplay as one. it says dwarf as race when you create a dwarf character. not bronzebeard dwarf

1 Like

I am not sure how that makes much sense. We have seen intermingly before through Arator. Half elves would be really good because they would really help to show how the elven race can be shown working together with the alliance. I think it would be a huge missed opportunity to go for a race whose story is largely well known and done through blood elves.

You guys need to stop this kind of nonsense. You don’t need to like what someone says but you shouldn’t bad mouth them either.

Yeah, for anyone that only think regardless of anything that Blood Elves = High Elves (that also kinda sums Belular’s video about this matter) maybe…

Well, I’ve so many bad news for you. If you really think that someone that has been asking for High Elves in these threads in the past years will just create a Blood Elf, and I’ll forget about this whole thing, you’re wasting your time here.

I know many people that don’t are around here anymore, but not because they’ve accepted your line of thought, but instead because they’re not playing this game anymore. This game is old, the Blood Elf player base was already made, the people that are still asking for High Elves are not looking forward to create a brand new Blood Elf character in the old fashioned Burning Crusade way. Not even if Blizzard kills/removes every single High Elf in the game.

Your crusade against High Elves is, in fact, a crusade against the game getting more options/players. Blizzard not listening to any feedback is the reason why this game is sinking, people are literally using Classic to bash retail/BFA even more, I suspect that Classic will even beat retail/BFA for a far reasonable time right now.

You will understand it soon or later.

12 Likes

tbf, if playable alliance high elves would increase subs or bring people back to the game that quit, blizzard would have been implemented them LONG ago

Half elves would not give the High Elf Fantasy

Why wouldn’t say a 12% human High Elf wouldn’t make sence? Lore supports it.

But High Elves already do this. Just because you can’t play has them doesn’t mean they aren’t fighting alongside their friends in the alliance.

How is this nonsence? You are not entitled for us to hear your misinformation. You reap what you sow.

5 Likes

I was not talking about High Elves exclusively, stop taking sentences out context, please!

5 Likes

People would rather play classic, which has fewer races, less things to collect, no flying, etc. than play retail where Bizzard did keep adding in stuff. We don’t want high elves because we’re sick of them adding more elven races instead of one of the countless other races we could be getting. Elves have been done to death. We also do not want high elves because we already have a light skinned fantasy elf trope on the Horde side, and the lore/devs/past decade have all centered around the story of the high elves becoming blood elves and fighting off the legion. So we already have high elves in the game. Lastly, we don’t want high elves on the Alliance, because it’s not clear enough how they would fit in as a distinctive faction for the Alliance that would clearly stand out against the Horde high elves.

I personally see the Alliance High Elf thing as just people being salty about Blizzard not following the normal elf fantasy tropes, and I’m all for throwing away tropes to do something interesting and unique.

1 Like