High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Thanks for agreeing with me. And yup my work is done. I hope to come back to the thread when more interesting discussion is being had.

6 Likes

Yes, I read it. It’s full of half truths, outright lies, old as dirt information lifted from Warcraft Encyclopedia that has since been deprecated by Chronicles, rereading it is a complete waste of my time, and it’s already overlong so quoting it for rebuttal purposes would just result in TL;DR.

But what the Hell. I’ve got time.

Blood Elves DID.

Neither did Kul Tiran humans.

I’m not sure how Paladins and Priests tapping Mu’ru’s corpse to further mutate themselves makes them LESS altered, or how this explains the persistence of the Fel corruption in Lor’themar’s new model.

This is a lie, Ghostcrawler was already working for Riot when he made that Tweet. He also doesn’t speak for the entire dev team any more than Ion does. Less so, perhaps, because he was systems lead, not design lead or creative director.

Appropriates Dalaran and Farstrider expatriate lore as belonging to Blood Elves. Dismisses the fact that the volume of lore about Vereesa Windrunner alone trumps the entirety of the Blood Elves’ light novel contributions, and the manga which featured them most was largely dedicated to the exploits of two dragons and a human paladin. #JoradMaceRepresent

So did Night Elf Druids.

This is so wrong it’s comical.

Reductive and disingenuous. I suppose she considers cannibalism to be a random dietary choice as well.

That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen! Also they’re still using Fel crystals in Nazmir, and the Blood Knights seem to be cool with it.

Opinion. An unwelcome one, I might add.

Grandstanding. Contradicts earlier argument that other High Elf settlements are irrelevant. Reminder that she tried to use player Pandaren numbers as an argument!

Redacted by Chronicles. Never made sense in the first place. Only ever referred to Silvermoon remnants (as it’s based on the also-redacted WC3 lore that all of rural Quel’thalas fell to the Scourge), which would make Stormwind’s high elf population alone eclipse the blood elves.

True, per the in-game cutscene. Spends the next paragraph flailing around in denial. Curious how this matter now but it didn’t in #7 above.

… what in the name of Thrall’s Balls does this have to do with anything? Does the fact that they apparently left in a huff after Vereesa’s bedroom exploits were insulted mean they were never there?

/looks at poorly made retroactive excuses for TBC blood elves’ poor life choices

Oh, right.

Confrontational and dismissive.

But having to revert a record number of suspensions for TRP model edits says nothing, apparently. :roll_eyes:

He should be fired regardless because his ideas are terrible and he’s running the game into the ground with his contempt for deterministic loot and obsession with catering to no-life basement-dwelling Europeans. That said, this isn’t an argument, it’s mockery and schadenfreude.

Imagine being so garbage you have to repeat the same point to fill space in an essay of already-titanic proportions. See #4 above.

Neither. Are. High. Elves.

The reasons he gave, which I will repeat here for completeness, were “too few, insufficient holdings, and unclear identity as a people.” Void Elves check the first two in spades, they have one lore character, and their cultural “identity” could fit on half of one side of a postcard.

19 Likes

We’re not the ones saying endless repetition is a bad thing.

Was that my question?

6 Likes

Dude it’s alright, they proved my point. That’s all I was looking for. They both admit there’s no purpose to endless repetitive discussion.

I can only hope the pro-helfers see this as well and decide not to engage in it. That’s the real goal.

6 Likes

It is useless to discuss something that has been established for many years. The blood elves are the high elves, the high elves left the alliance many years ago, and the high elves (now called blood elves) decided to join the horde for their own reasons that we all know.
This discussion becomes “hot” because they want to remove a race that already has its own lore and add it to the other faction. It is obvious that all of us who are blood elves are going to come to discuss this, they have already removed members to turn them into void elf.

They should close this topic, the truth is that nothing new is ever added, they are just fan fictions. The only thing I see are the usual arguments, where a person tries to make him understand that 2+2=4.

1 Like

We’re talking about high elves, he’s successfully derailed us into some meta-discussion that is off topic for the thread. So yes, what he’s doing is trolling.

I do, I realized it’s no use to discuss with certain people about certain aspects. No one here will convince each other, so I do agree with you - I’d rather enjoy proposals and creative solutions to HE as a playable allied race, like we’ve been doing the last days before the other thread was closed because of mass flagging.

7 Likes

Yes there is a purpose to endless repetitive discussion.

New people coming into the thread for one.

To show support for High Elves is another.

6 Likes

Well that and, you know, people obviously enjoy it.

2 Likes

Thank you and yes those sorts of things are what I’d much rather see than endless repetitive discussion. Especially when there is an actual thread dedicated to the idea of such endless repetitive discussion for this topic.

6 Likes

Stop enjoying things I don’t enjoy! Talk about what I want to talk about!

Instead of waiting for your idea of interesting discussion why not make that interesting discussion yourself?

Go on I am waiting… :thinking:

6 Likes

The Kul Tirans are on the same faction as the Humans, so it’s an apple to oranges comparison. If the Kul Tirans had joined the Horde and the Draenor Orcs had joined the Alliance people would have lost their minds even more than this crowd. They are also physically distinguishable (they’re fatter than normal humans).

The Kul Tirans are also a really large factions with a capitol, land, and a leader. The High Elves have a capitol too - Silvermoon. They have a leader - Lor’Themar Theron. They even have a sparkling magic soda fountain - the Sunwell. That faction belongs to the Horde.

Those are Blood Elves not High Elves.

8 Likes

Interesting! So are High Elves.

14 Likes

Not yet they’re not.

No, certain individuals and internal groups are, the biggest of those groups having completed their storyline in Wrath and Legion. The High Elf people are allied with the Horde. Huge difference.

Then why are these in Stormwind?

9 Likes

Legion? you mean one expansion ago?

So we haven’t seen them for half an expansion and that means the story is over?

12 Likes