High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Lol wut? You are joking right? You do realize high elves also had mages right?
Or are you under the impression that high elves only consist of rangers? Despite the fact that the far striders exist?

Are you on mana powder my fellow Sin’dorei?

3 Likes

I see, so every race that can be mages have to be plugged to the Sunwell or a magical source of any kind.

Double standards much?

5 Likes

we arent talking about every race

It was implied that to become a mage the individual High elf should be linked to the Sunwell.

This is not consistent with any other race in the wow universe.

5 Likes

Strawman, we are talking about Thalassian elves, who the lore explicitly states is connected to the sunwell.
High elves are thalassian elves. THey were affected by its rebirth.

Another strawman, no such implication was made.

Not being connected to the Sunwell is not a divorce from being a Mage.

There have been hints of High elves wanting to cut ties with the Sunwell.

Nothing more, nothing less.

6 Likes

Me: Everything points out on High elves having a different relationship with the Sunwell.

You: ‘Lol wut? You are joking right? You do realize high elves also had mages right?’

6 Likes

The Sunwell’s power has no physical limits or boundaries. An elf bound to its energies would be so no matter how far away they went from it. Its energies are available to be drawn upon from anywhere in the cosmos and even alternate realities

it has nothing to do with being a mage

We are not discussing Mages as a whole, we are discussing elven mages. Elven mages were affected by the loss of the sun well, and were affected by its re-ignition. You are trying to argue high elves were not affected by the sunwell, even though they were. Literally trying to re-write the lore explicitly stated.

Lorthemar has stated he wishes to find a permanent cure so the thalassian race is not reliant on the sunwell any longer. It is not a high elf mentality alone.

Cute, but let’s look at the ENTIRE conversation rather than snippets you ignored.

Fyre: They don’t use magic but it doesnt mean they didnt suffer withdrawal.
You: High elves have a different relationship with the sunwell
Me (counterpoint): High elves have mages as well, and blood elves have an entire ranger group.

Which points out the fact that both political groups had the same class of elf available and therefore, were affected the same based on the class the elf belonged.

You then strawmanned and went on about this nonsense of mages plugging into the sunwell.
If you can’t keep track of the context of the conversation, I would rather you ask for clarification than strawman and insert implications that were never made.

Fact of the matter is high elves and blood elves are the same race. They are affected the same based on their class as stated explicitly in lore.

I perfectly know.

What you fail to acknowledge is that the conversation was (literally minutes ago, what is wrong with you?):

Me: Everything points out on High elves having a different relationship with the Sunwell.

Broflake: ‘Lol wut? You are joking right? You do realize high elves also had mages right?’

7 Likes

you gonna elaborate? as they are both the same people neither was immune to withdrawal during that brief period 12 years ago :thinking:

Flame bait. It isn’t even good quality. Try again bud

Now you’re just twisting things intentionally by completely ignoring the rest of the conversation preceeding, and removing aspects of my reply.
I get you’re bored, but its just facetious nonsense at this point.

Twisting? It’s straightforward.

You two are so obsessed on being antagonistic that you will find any stupid little unimportant thing to argue against just to argue against, even if it doesn’t make any sense.

6 Likes

no personal attacks please. lets be civil

1 Like

Spouting fallacies, half-truths and lies constantly is also not civil.

Self awareness please :smiley:

7 Likes

i would argue that the blood elves have reverted to being themselves now the addiction has been sated and theyve rebuilt somewhat. the thing is, the elves were always haughty, self centered and arrogant. just as they are today. the only thing I reckon that has changed between the pre arthas elves and the post arthas elves is that the xenophobia which characterized most of the race has literally been beaten out of them. they know isolationism for the lie it is now

please elaborate currently how the few modern alliance high elves still alive are different from their kin besides political ideologies :face_with_monocle:

i am out for the day so i will not respond until later

An elven mage is connected to the sunwell by the fact they are elven. I am unsure as to how much simpler I can make it for you, considering the argument is about how each elven faction is affected.

It isn’t about what YOU see, it is about what was said. As it stands, blood elves don’t wish to be reliant on the sunwell anymore per Lorthemar.

Sounds like you’re mad because I pointed out how you’re ignoring that both factions have the exact same classes affected the exact same way. I apologize the point went over your head. I made the assumption you were capable of keeping up with the conversation.

This I did state.
However.
Your previous strawman was some nonsense about mages of all races having to be connected to the sunwell or a magic source of any kind.
You cannot even keep your story straight.

Please don’t project your experiences onto me.

They are the same people.

I wonder if you are gazing into a mirror when you ask.
Everything in lore states they are the same people.
You think a name change suddenly makes them different? There is nothing in lore that ever made high elves different from blood elves.

Everything supports them being the same people. Namely the fact the sunwell affects them, which is a thlassian elf only trait.

Yarp. You are misconstruing what is stated for the sake of working on a singular narrative.

“They’re so focused on being mean! They argue about everything.”

Well, when you say something incorrect, or intentionally mis-represent what I state, you’re going to be corrected accordingly.

There has been quotes and hints on Helves changing their relationship with magic even related as to when they still lived on Silvermoon.

6 Likes

That seems to be a projection on your part. I am not the one throwing insults and getting upset behind a level 10 sock puppet character.