High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Do the strawberries have spikes?

2 Likes

We have the option of a lot of spikes, some spikes, a little bit of spikes, and no spikes.
I prefer tons of spikes, it makes me feel alive.

1 Like

:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

That depends. You have to choose between wacrafts version of wood elves, the night elves. Or what night elves would have become had they stayed on their magic obssesed ways, the nightborne. It comes down to themes and aesthetics :smirk:

This^
Support for playable Queldorei.
Queldorei is an Alliance fantasy, a Lot of people wanna play with them.

14 Likes

Surely you realize that I don’t listen to a thing you say right?

When you quote Ion’s statement (as you always do) and then ignore when people bring up that he and other devs backtracked on it later, you make yourself seem even less credible than your head canon posts do.

Make you deal: you ignore my posts and I’ll (gladly) ignore yours.

3 Likes

I tried Horde for a while this expac. The players are way too hardcore and edgy for me. Way too much attitude over on the Red team (as represented by the scared Bloof Elf posters afraid of playable High Elves on this thread).

Plus I couldn’t handle the cartoon villain combo of Sylvanas and Nathanos. He needs to die. Pronto.

5 Likes

Tbf what a “race” is in WoW is different from our real world standard. We have the option between two different types of humans, Dwarves and Draenei. Despite these duplicates being genetically the same race, they are still given separate race slots

A race in WoW is more about who you are and where you come from. By that standard it is impossible to play as an Alliance Quel’dorei High Elf. Everyone knows that being a separate race is not a pre requisite for being an allied race, the real issue is just as you and Ion say; they’re too similar and blur faction lines

I think it’d be more beneficial if everyone, both pro and anti High Elf, came together to discuss ways to make them different enough so that it wouldn’t be an issue. The example I always bring up in Half Elves. Most people on the anti side would be fine with and even advocate for Half Elves, but the Alliance High Elves would be required to make them work, so there’s a little progress made already

Whether or not everyone could agree on Half Elves or if something different could be done with High Elves, we have the potential to convince Blizz to create something really cool that many people would enjoy. I absolutely love that, it’s why I’m on the forums almost every day :slight_smile:

10 Likes

the rationale he gave for the rejection isnt going away

they dont want to blur the faction boundaries and they want ‘fair skinned, majestic elves’ to remain a part of the horde

so to get an alliance high elf you have to figure out a way that they dont blur faction boundaries and that ensures they dont copy the blood elves ‘fair skinned, majestic’ theme

probably by coloring them purple, having them grow the odd tentacle and changing their theme entirely

in other words, sir ion laid out the problems with playable alliance high elves and why they arent a thing and if you look at void elves you see each of those issues addressed. void elves were your comrpomise. if you cant stomach the horde void elves are the other option

1 Like

And AGAIN with the head canon. Link me where Ion said “faction lines are blurred.” None of the devs have ever called Void Elves “a compromise” so you’re making that up too. Blood Elves are on the Alliance now and Night Elves are on the Horde. The faction identity, if it’s hinged on races, is already blurred.

But again, this is presenting you with logic and fact and that’s not the language you speak.

You CONSTANTLY take what people said or the lore itself and turn into some inane argument for your opinion.

I don’t care if it gets me banned: you are the SADDEST troll that posts in this thread. Seriously.

9 Likes

Dude that’s been done. Too death.

This thread has discussed so many different scenarios on models, implementation story, etc. Doesn’t matter to the Anti-crowd. They don’t want High Elves cause (reasons) and personally, the less I engage with their ignorance and irrational entitlement the better for my mental health.

I stopped reading the anti thread cause it’s honestly just sad and pathetic to read. I wish they’d stay in their own thread and stay the hell out of this one.

Just look at how the opening post for the anti thread ends:

While I know this post won’t silence any of the increasingly desperate, baseless, or straight ignorant arguments being brought to this forum, reddit, MMO-Champion, the extremely radicalized/disturbed people on the “High Elven Discord” and the rest of the greater internet, I feel this forum needed a point by point breakdown of the broken record that is the High Elven argument.

Sad thing is when you read the counter points to the High elf arguments, they’re just more head canon, his opinions, his interpretations of lore, and the whole thing just screams “it’ll make me love my Blood Elf less if you add High Elves! I don’t want to play them so don’t let anyone else play them either.” I do wonder if some of them think they are actually Blood Elves irl … cause legit the way they hold on to how it would destroy Blood Elves and the Horde seems mentally unstable to say the least.

Pixels can’t hurt you, anti’s. Find your safe space, hold your blankie, and show us on the doll where the High Elf touched you.

Again, sad. Pathetic. “Anti” is an insult in my books because the addition of High Elves won’t change one damned thing in the game for them but would actually allow a lot of people to enjoy the game more.

4 Likes

Unfortunately as was pointed out only earlier today, the other side’s advocation of Half Elves is dependant on that basically every shred of High Elf lore is stripped and they basically become another human sub-type.

4 Likes

Just what the Alliance needs: more human-centric stuff.

Pass. High Elves please. Make it so.

9 Likes

This speaks volumes about why you troll so hard here, giving the guy with shakey-at-best lore knowledge and who’s basically tanked WoW, this much credit.

I don’t think I should need to tell you that Blizz backtracks on things they say constantly and no one more so than the “gAmE DiReCtOr”.

4 Likes

It’s likely a bumper sticker for their cause. “DADDY ION SAID SO!”

… till he retracted. But that’s Fake News.

3 Likes

This isn’t true. Sure, there’s at least one poster like that, with their absurd “they have to look like Kalec” arguement, but not all are like that.

I’ve seen people on the other side say they’d be fine with High Elves with some Human blood, as long as its represented in their model and lore. And I’ve seen others say that they’d be fine with Half Elves continuing the High Elf story.

5 Likes

i have explained that i find the blood elves siding with the orcish horde in this fantasy world a wonderfully unique inversion of the standard fantasy trope, found nowhere else. to bring alliance high elves in would be akin to blizzard saying they made a mistake, and that here we are reverting to a fantasy standard found everywhere else. It would cheapen the blood elves by bringing in a group whom their fans openly profess a preference for because they are so ‘noble’ and ‘pure’

when in fact the only thing separting them is politcal grievances

pros talk about their feelings and their wishes, but believe those opposed are simply killjoys without any similar level of investment in the blood elves or in the horde faction :tipping_hand_woman:

Alliance.'Be a night elf or a void elf.

The horde generally tend to attract players who are more hardcore into the game than alliance. I will ignore the bit about being afraid of playable high elves if you ignore the bit of alliance players feeling entitled to things they don’t have. :stuck_out_tongue:

No one likes Nathanos, but it makes him a good bad guy.

Which part of High Elves we don’t have?

11 Likes