High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

I doubt they would call us that, even if it’s what we’d prefer, and in some cases especially because it’s what we prefer.

6 Likes

It literally just means against.

Pro HE/Anti HE are not insults in anyway.

12 Likes

People who don’t want High Elves?

That’s what I’ve been using for months :smiley:

6 Likes

Yeah they aren’t insults. Just reductive.

6 Likes

Well I think you are a pretty duck.

Does that help?

2 Likes

Duck typing?

6 Likes

Quack quack!

Yes, that is acceptable!

9 Likes

It’s quacktacular.

1 Like

I’m still really failing to see how ‘helfer’ is an insult, I doubt if I went into a pub and called some guy a helfer he’d be after me with a broken beer bottle.

Pro HE means “People for the idea of adding High Elves as an Allied Race”

Anti HE means “People against the idea of adding High Elves as an Allied Race”

I don’t know how people could think those are insults…

Because it’s always used as one?

It’s literally only ever used in a condescending manner.

6 Likes

Labels. I’ve been in both threads and seen the term thrown around in a negative manner to describe those who get put under the label “Helfer”.

3 Likes

It’s literally not, it’s literally used in the same manner that you guys use ‘anti’. Which, incidentally, is also very commonly condescending or combined with words like ‘selfish’ or ‘spiteful’.

It’s almost as if the issue is with general mud-slinging instead of any individual word.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s about connotation.

Generally speaking, collectivization is a result of tribalism which is very often used under negative connotations… the whole “us” vs “them” situation.

5 Likes

So “helfer” is condescending but “anti” isn’t? Ok then. :roll_eyes:

I mean the wording is obviously different.

Pro-High Elf and Anti-High Elf are about their opinions.

Helfer essentially implies that they embody the desire for High Elves.

6 Likes

It is when it is used in a condescending manner and I’ve seen it. Which is why all labels are bad when used in such a manner.

Sigh

You’re grasping at straws here.

8 Likes

Nope. Blatant double standard is blatant.

That’s an ironic thing for you to be claiming in this whole ridiculous conversation.

1 Like

It’s actually a poignant conversation on the nature of tribalism on forums and how such tags are used to collectivize and divide in today’s modern internet culture.

But carry on.

5 Likes