High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

So…you dislike being called a Helfer, which is essentially someone for high elves.
You’re just…looking for a reason to be upset.

Never liked that term.

I prefer ‘pro-High Elf’ as an adjective. After all “Helfer” is reductive and reduces a person to their views.

8 Likes

Except it doesn’t? That is something that happens in an argument. Let alone, no one has made such a complaint until now, which leads me to believe this isn’t something the entire community is upset about, its just something people are bandwagoning onto currently.

Let us save our indignation for more worthwhile things.

Just because I never mentioned it, doesn’t mean it didn’t bother me. It just means I never cared to bring it up because I’m used to people on the internet being reductive. Now that someone brought it up, I’m stating my opinion about it.

I just don’t think collectivization for the sake of it is necessary. It just leads to tribalism, a big problem nowadays. I don’t even use the term “Pro-High Elf” that often either as it’s as collective as “Helfer”, however at least it’s better as it says their opinion is that they are pro-high elf, as opposed to them embodying High Elf-ism or whatever.

11 Likes

Throw harder!

8 Likes

Money doesn’t buy happiness.

Unless we all invest in Blizzard stock and demand High Elves.

8 Likes

Not with that Attitude.

2 Likes

That’s a lie told by rich people. It just doesn’t guarantee happiness.

9 Likes

And yet you guys call the opposition “Antis”. :roll_eyes:

That’s not an insult though.

7 Likes

As opposed to ‘anti’ which offers a profound view into the person’s soul?

1 Like

I don’t think helfer is as bad as being called toxic, or selfish, or whatever else we’re called,

8 Likes

I think the issue is no one likes having a labeled slapped on them and then used in a derogatory manner.

5 Likes

Exhibit B of tribalism.

Who are “you guys”?

6 Likes

That is understandable, but they’d just find something else to call us. I doubt it’d be flattering either,

7 Likes

I’m sure it is to some people.

How about “people who want High Elves”?

I don’t understand people’s obsession with tags.

8 Likes

The pro High Elf people.

Okay, so what will you be calling us instead of “anti”? I’m standing by Quel’dorei Quellers.

Pretty sure the pro-High Elf movement is based on context not nomenclature.

7 Likes