High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

It’s just short names for “high elf fan” and “anti-high elf”.
I think it was me that started using it, because writing “high elf fan” everytime was very repetitive, so it became “helf fan”, then “helfer”.

Really, it never bothered me, it’s just short names to represent different camps. They’re slurs only if people want to be overly sensitive about it.

8 Likes

I post on the dk and pvp forums a lot on the dk and it feels more on brand to post in the various Helf threads on my belf so I only really post on the Helf threads with the dk if I forget to change and can’t be bothered to fix it.

Anyway I thought “Quel’lers” was really funny, so I wanted to post it on the character I usually post on.

“Anti” or “Anti HE” just means against.

“Helfer” was literally invented is an insult. It should be “Pro” or “Pro HE” as that just means for.

But they chose to go the insulting route.

8 Likes

Helfer looks too close to Heffer. And we Thalassian Elves are anything but cows.

Dude it’s 2019, you can’t be saying that word. That’s OUR word. We took it back. We took back the power it has over us.

The term is Quel’lers.

I think something is only an insult if you let it affect you, but whatever. I’m a little autistic and don’t get nuance in text message. For me, it was just short nicknames for the two camps.

8 Likes

He’s being ridiculous. I’m not sure how anyone could possibly consider helfer an insult.

2 Likes

I get offended when people say Ren and not Reno.

The O is important.

O yeah it is.

3 Likes

It insulted my mother.

Yeah, but she’s a cow with poor spelling skills.

My mother is a marvelous woman.

A marvellous woman, but a marbellous steak.

The intent behind it is a lot of the meaning.

It doesn’t affect me, but it makes people that use the word “Helfer” look ridiculous.

“Pro” and “Anti” are all the terminology you need if you are trying to but up an argument for or against something.

It’s a bad insult to be sure… It just sounds ridiculous TBH. But that’s what it was intended to be.

6 Likes

Mate, you’re carrying on like a pork chop.

I do not understand what this means in anyway…

And would neutral people be called neuts? :thinking:

8 Likes

No they are called Reno.

2 Likes

It means you’re behaving in an overly dramatic manner. Helfer is not an insult and thinking it is is very silly.

Are you sure it’s not Ren?

Enjoy your ban.