High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

What else would a High Elf look like? Obviously that example is just working on a different stance, it doesn’t take into account the possible animations, hair styles and whatever other customization they’d have. A finished project would have more differences

13 Likes

Nightborne are literally just old wrinkled Night Elves with a slightly different pose…

15 Likes

As well as skin tones, different ear shapes and other customization options. There’s no reason why the same couldn’t be done for High Elves, though

18 Likes

Exactly my point :hugs:

8 Likes

I mean I guess you could make high elves a swarthy dark brown.

1 Like

That could be interesting

the last word we had on playable high elves was that they were already available as blood elves. in other words, you had lost the debate. as sir ion restated this fact during the now infamous q&a and showed that 12 months of spamming warcraft forums hadnt resulted in any movement on their stance, it meant that after the q&a the pro high elf position had still lost

so we can agree that the discussion is in the same place as it was prior to that q&a, the pro high elf community has received a clear no, it is unable to accept the validity of the anti arguments which sir ion basically repeated word for word in his answer and this thread will continue until “blizzard caves”

this will not happen

they have answered you twice and far better questions have gone unanswered to give you that. it is the height of arrogance to declare that because the answer you received was not the one you wanted to hear that it was not a proper answer

they have lore reasons. they have gameplay reasons. but as you dont want to accept the validity of those reasons, accept this one because its blatantly obvious

they dont want to do it

oh and did giving orcs a different posture make them feel new or different? no

“Sir Ion” isn’t infallible. Actually i have said afew choice words about “Sir Ion’s answer” and it got be banned temporary (because apparently i must have hurt a certain someone’s feelings or something), suffice to say his argument is wrong and as someone who is in the position in blizzard that he is, he should know his own game better than he does. If he did he would know the high elves of today are not common or in line with the current day blood elves. There are many reasons that prove this and all those anti-helf arguments have been debunked a thousand times (if anyone is unable to accept anything its you anti-helfers).

Literally the ONLY argument you can make is that they are too similar, to which that has been debunked with pandas in MoP and the fact that they make the most minuscule tweaks between regular and lightforged draenei and the 2 orcs.

These anti-helfer arguments are a dead meme and just cause you dont care for them doesn’t mean you should take a crap on everyone who wants legitmate content in the game. I’m not going around saying “Horde shouldn’t get vulpera because X”. If they get it GOOD. It makes sense for them to be horde (just like all the arguments made to show helf being alliance) and its more content. Instead all you have shown me is you appeal to authority and if Daddy Ion said no (even though he is wrong entirely on his argument) then its no. It’s honestly annoying talking with people who have your mentality.

12 Likes

you also have to accept that you are just incorrect in stating that blood elves are different from high elves. you are aware of all the evidence to the contrary, and just flat out denying that evidence because you find it inconvenient is your right, but the rest of us dont have to indulge that denial or take it seriously. blood elves are high elves, and the most generic race in fantasy is available to play. if you want to play something like a blood elf but cant stomach the horde, the void elves are available to you

So I’m at 100+ replies in my topic and I think that’s a fair amount to say that a majority of the people who play Void Elves, do so because they are pretty.

There were a select few who only play because it’s the thal elf model on the alliance that’s playable.

4 Likes

I live in denial? HOW RICH! You guys literally bring up the same garbage arguments over and over.

1. They look too similar: DEBUNKED in the previous post.

2. There are so few of them: DEBUNKED there are even fewer void elves. “sir ion” as you call him literally said “Alleria and here crack elite squad” last i checked the Silver covenant is an all high elf ARMY and not just a SQUAD as “sir ion” put it.
    Also all the lightforged draenei came from 1 tiny ship. You gonna tell me they outnumber high elves too? LAUGHABLE!

3. They have no relevance: DEBUNKED (hilariously too i might add). You literally have had to be playing horde your entire life not to understand how wrong this is. If anything we have done a hell of a lot more with the high elves than the void elves. I didn’t even think about this till i saw the T&E video but they were even 1/3 of the army liberating suramar.

4. They have the same culture: Debunked. They “HAD” the same culture. The high elves reject their brothers and sisters who sided with the horde because they still held alliegence to the Alliance. If they literally were exactly the same then why do the silver covenant exist? Why is it they wanted to turn away EVERY blood elf from dalaran and formed their own ARMY to keep the peace? Such a joke.

So no. You guys have terrible arguments. You are the ones in denial and since I had to go through and shatter all your arguments AGAIN you guys are gonna just revert back to appealing to authority since you have NOTHING else.

Gonna add this again at the end “Sir Ion” isn’t Infallible. He is however completely clueless to the lore of his own game.

22 Likes

You need to calm down.

I get so tired of this garbage. Its always the same bad arguments over and over and then an appeal to authority whenever they get debunked. it just gets so tiring after awhile.

11 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about the person you’re trying to convince currently. They’re not really into good faith arguments.

9 Likes

But muh Ion siad no!

11 Likes

It nothing to get so worked up over.

1 Like

It’s funny when said that way but its literally what ALWAYS happens.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t bunch the anti arguments with fyrebusch’s though.

Even she doesn’t get acknowledged by other “antis” in this thread and the one by Lydon because of how deliberately obtuse she sounds in regards to high elves.

14 Likes

idk man. I’ve just wanted high elves ever since wrath and its people like him bringing up these flawed, debunked arguments that have us dragging our feet on getting something alot of us have wanted for a very long time.

9 Likes

That’s fair. In my defense I hate them all equally lol.

7 Likes