High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

https://i.ibb.co/Kr3dDHP/thumbnail-b76b6873-effc-4b7a-871f-47deb437c98d.jpg
Sorry it was meant to be her

:heart:

10 Likes

As you might have guessed the theme was a high elf that has integrated into stormwind and started to use their hair styles.

1 Like

Its a dwarf, a KT, a human, and a gnome

Out of likes, Somand but good job.

8 Likes

Since we’re doing something of an image dump of ideas, I was working on poses and builds for High Elves yesterday.

This sturdier pose and thicker build were intentionally designed to mimic the High Elf worker/Blood Elf Engineer model from WC3, so he’s shorter, broader and thicker all over, his shoulders, eyebrows and ears are slightly slumped.

His skin has also has cooler undertones as well from a previous experiment.

21 Likes

Its another day and since I am on the forums I am here once again to support High Elves in the Alliance. I will not relent blizzard.

10 Likes

WOW! Only thing I’d say is make the head a little bigger, it looks a bit small for the rest of the body.

But that actually looks dope!

6 Likes

I just hope they are feverishly composing the next expansion which is completely centered around the new Alliance core race called High Elves, while using the Suramar playbook to create an awesome city for them!

10 Likes

Sounds like a wonderful expansion to me. I would much rather be there right now.

8 Likes

I’d be surprised if the demand for High Elves doesn’t factor into their decisions in the next expansion. I think the public support really took them by surprise, as the whole campaign to add them didn’t really get going until Void Elves were datamined.

12 Likes

You are not wrong, but I feel alot of people were probably thinking about it. I know I have been since wrath of the lich king with all the silver covenant forces. I just never went on the forums back then or thought much of it being a widespread thing. So it’s actually funny but I do agree with you that it blew up into such a huge thing when they gave us void elves as their “compromise” (bah! it still pisses me off that we get a friggin compromise).

9 Likes

Oh I agree, people have been asking for them since vanilla. But not on the current scale, I don’t think.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be. WoW fans have been screaming at Blizzard for ideas forever. Such has the following examples

Player housing
Additonal Custimization
Bringing back Talent trees.
Fixing Silvermoon
Flying
Meangful professions
Account reputation
Servers that can actually withstand a 40v40 in the open world.
AH update
Gear that doesn’t clip
Lifting transmog restrictions
Guild hall
And some others I don’t have on top of my head.

Blizzard just do what they want to at the moment. Classic has been the only exception.
The only we are going to get our High Elves is by never giving up. Ever. It’s what the classic boys did and that’s what we have to do. But don’t expect them to listen just because it’s a hot topic.

13 Likes

You are not wrong, and I will never stop fighting. NEVER! High elves WILL join the Alliance.

12 Likes

Always good to temper expectations. But I’ve lost count on how many megathreads we have had max out. Nothing else has ever had that level of engagement on the forums, at least from my perspective. Not flying, not demon hunters, not Vulpera.

Wasn’t there like 420 or so likes on just the last thread OP alone? I mean, that is just plain crazy!

10 Likes

Saying that “but the blood elves don’t use the old ranger customizations in game” as evidence that the high elves warrant them is a bit silly when the high elves seen in game have never used them either. How can that be a justification for one side of the culture to own them but not the other?

And your other reply - about the Dalaran high elves - why would the elf mages of Dalaran be using farstrider markings?

1 Like

It just goes back to your original reasoning for such a huge successful discussion. Them giving us the “compromise” stirred the hornet’s nest. Them giving us void elves over high elves would be the equivalent of them giving us mounts that can leap in the air for a few seconds then land somewhere instead of just giving us flying. It was a really upsetting move on their part but that wont stop me fighting.

9 Likes

But that’s literally just a blood elf with a slightly different pose…

2 Likes

and a skin disease

3 Likes