High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Well, the ones we know of did.

The modern High Elves are stated to be mostly people that chose to stay with the Alliance after the Second War. The others we know of were from Quel’Lithien, who were kicked out of Silvermoon for disagreeing with Rommath’s teachings, and the Outland Expedition who were blissfully unaware of what was going down in Azeroth and remained with the Alliance there.

8 Likes

Why not having the sounds of the forest + Blood Elven theme, isn’t that like all forests in Azeroth? Like all of them have music playing all over and ambience, it’s weird but that’s how it is. Elwynn and the Hinterlands always have invisible rogues playing flutes and violins.

6 Likes

As if we want to be like all those non fabulous races.

According to the established lore, all Blood Elves are survivors of Silvermoon (And Kael’s Entourage) so this puts them all in exposure to Fel.

Now it may be possible that a fraction of Blood Elf sympathetic Kirin Tor High Elves joined up with the Sunreavers but I’m going to put that in the highly hypothetical scenario ideas. And it still wouldn’t mean that Blood Elves weren’t exposed to Fel.

7 Likes

I mean think about it, have you ever seen a bird in Eversong? It’d be weird if you started hearing things that wren’t there

Hawkstrider’s don’t count.

8 Likes

By the way, Blizzard always make music related to the Allied Races they release, even the Void Elves got a theme that play in Telogrus. How you guys expect High Elf theme to be?

7 Likes

No. High elves are part of the rule: “blood elves ha e green eyes, high elves have blue eyes”.

Plus, there’s more than just eye color to differentiate them: faction, history, ethos.

A blue-eyed blood elf is an exception, as is an Alliance-friendly blood elf or a Horde-friendly high elf.

12 Likes

Flutes and lutes.

7 Likes

I have no issues with the lore part.
Its about the visuals and theme

I’d imagine a modern High Elf theme to sound similar to the Stormwind theme, something fitting of Alliance loyalists

6 Likes

Visuals and theme are easier to adjust than lore. Void elves failed not because they are blue, but because their lore is totally apart from high elf lore.

6 Likes

Much of what’s discussed in this thread is about how to make High Elves different enough from Blood Elves, or if it should be done at all

I don’t expect you to search through thousands of posts to find those discussions, but they’re there. Those “Half Elf” model mockups are just an example

6 Likes

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) by Abba.

8 Likes

Recommend to all read about the Quel’dorei, Sin’dorei, Ren’dorei and how each group was formed and where they ended up Tiltes, Allegences, Heritage wise, before posting.

7 Likes

They didn’t fail, they are the most popular allied race.
But they could have done with better starting lore.
Buts its gotten a lot better.

Half elves sound like a great compromise and should offer all the lore that high elf fans want and keeps the blood elf feel to the horde

Yeah, because they look like Blood Elves. As we know from the Horde, people prefer pretty things.

But they’re a bad concept with next to no lore or relevance and literally one single character of their own that is bland as a potato.

It’d retcon, as we’ve only know of 4 Half-Elves. Not even just “4 named Half-Elves”, 4 Half Elves at all. One of whom is a ghost.

10 Likes

I don’t think the lore has ever really been brought into question.
We all know there are elves that are loyal to the alliance.

I disagree.
My main is a void elf and not because they looked like blood elves.
But because i thought they looked cool and their theme was even cooler.
I love the idea of a character that is infused with the void and has to fight against the whispers in their head.

Then by very definition of a Sin’dorei & Ren’dorei cant be a Quel’dorei.

8 Likes

Sure, a good idea for a character. For a race? Not so much.
And Blizzard made no effort to give us the full schizophrenic experience. You’re told you hear whispers, and that’s it.

7 Likes