High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

I wonder why they didn’t follow thru with it.

It may be tied to the Quel’Thalas Warfront, which may have been scrapped early in development for all we know. :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

Too many damn storylines over 15 years.

If you try to get into it or manage to, it turns to “Quel’thalas”.

Yep. It was the only Quel’thalas in the game in Vanilla.

8 Likes

They don’t like you flying in…I had a long way down.

Reminds me of Alcaz Island.

I also remember playing a PTR that put Quel’Thalas onto the Eastern Kingdoms map. You could fly in Ghostlands, but as soon as you hit Eversong…SPLAT!

7 Likes

That’s why you should fly low.

I may have forgotten that the boundary of plague is a no fly zone.

Edit: I should take pics for people whove never seen it before.

1 Like

There’s a Wordpress that has some pics of it. Shows up in Google image search for “Quel’thalas vanilla”.

7 Likes

I actually found it just s you posted this, apparently you can fly once you hit the docks.

1 Like

Unff I love it :sob:

Gotta try my hand at art one day, but I’m still just learning the basic shapes like circles/triangles/squares etc my hands aren’t steady.

9 Likes

Would be hilarious if they used this idea and the NPCs for those High Elves would be the prominent contributors to playable High Elves :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Lovely. :heart:

19 Likes

Support guys, I would like to play with a celtic Queldorei, wonderful art :blush:

Evanna-Proudmoore

11 Likes

I love these models.

12 Likes

Thank you! Learn how to draw basic forms and envision them in any position and that goes a long way. (Something I am still working on)! Proko has a channel on youtube and a website, his free lessons have helped me a ton, and still are. I watch them a lot.

As for steadiness, mine aren’t either. Especially not on a smooth surface like an ipad screen, which is how I draw digitally at the moment. I have to zoom in a lot and erase to smooth stuff out, which is why line art takes me a while.

10 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions, I will look into Proko!

Wow if you’re drawing like THAT on an ipad then I’m very tempted to get one. I currently have pencils and paper but I have to get a bigger drawing pad because the one I have is too small, same for my workspace is small so I typically have to go to a library or something.

I’ve wondered if I should start digitally or on paper, what do you think? :thinking:

7 Likes

Some would suggest starting traditionally, because it’s not as expensive and the skills mostly transfer to digital anyway. I still practice with both. I am in school for illustration and most of my assignments so far have been traditional based.

But I think practicing with both can be beneficial if you are able to get a digital set up. Part of drawing digitally is learning the software, as well as getting used to drawing on a super smooth surface. It’s easier to learn to draw straight lines and circles on paper because there’s more tooth to it. There are screen protectors though that are supposed to simulate the feeling of drawing on paper, but I haven’t used them yet.

I highly recommend the ipad though, particularly anything compatible with an apple pencil. It is the absolute best stylus I’ve ever used. Also photoshop is being adapted for the ipad, it will be the full program. Apple also has procreate which honestly is on a similar level the photoshop and it costs 10 bucks.

8 Likes

Thank you for so much art information and congrats on being an illustrator!

Yeah I definitely understand the tooth that comes on drawing paper, I do eventually want to get into digital drawings so I might pick up an ipad as well, it would also feel convenient not having to use up so much paper at times too.

8 Likes

I use my ipad for writing too. I am doing school online so I have to do written posts a lot. Overall, not a bad investment!

I am always happy to help! I love art and love seeing what others do!

8 Likes